Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think there are lots of people on food stamps that have SUV's, plasma TV's, and Xboxes?
    I'm sure there are several. And I'm positive that the anger about it far exceeds the degree of the problem, and is usually fueled by local news stories highlighting a bad example or two rather than personal experience. How many people on food stamps do you know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't true. On average, liberal households earn 6% more in income than conservative households. Liberals also have higher IQ, higher educational attainment, and greater occupational prestige than conservatives.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...lly_cares.html

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Welfare Cobra

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This isn't true. On average, liberal households earn 6% more in income than conservative households. Liberals also have higher IQ, higher educational attainment, and greater occupational prestige than conservatives.

Liberal women are also more likely to work and more conservative women take time off to raise kids, check the birth rates. Of course two people are going to earn more than one. So glad your type are dying off white conservatives are breeding above the replacement rate at 2.9 births per family.

also where were you when I poated the study that conservatives have higher testosterone and bigger testicles? It's no wonder you betas aren't breeding, you probably can't even produce sperm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

uhhhh...some pretty blanket statements there. There is positively no cause and effect relationship between being liberal and being smarter. Boutons is a perfect example of that. As for your "occupational prestige" that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I'll take the occupational cash, thank you very much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lotsa irony here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting article. You may want to read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is positively no cause and effect relationship between being liberal and being smarter. Boutons is a perfect example of that.
    Yeah, you're right. It's being smarter that makes you more liberal.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting article. You may want to read it.
    It says that conservatives are more charitable. But I linked to it because of the statistic I used:

"It is not that conservatives have more money. Liberal families average 6 percent higher incomes than conservative families."

I'm merely citing my source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberal women are also more likely to work and more conservative women take time off to raise kids, check the birth rates. Of course two people are going to earn more than one. So glad your type are dying off white conservatives are breeding above the replacement rate at 2.9 births per family.

also where were you when I poated the study that conservatives have higher testosterone and bigger testicles? It's no wonder you betas aren't breeding, you probably can't even produce sperm.
    So your barometer for success in life is how successful you are in breeding?

Okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says that conservatives are more charitable. But I linked to it because of the statistic I used:

"It is not that conservatives have more money. Liberal families average 6 percent higher incomes than conservative families."

I'm merely citing my source.

So liberals are smarter, wealthier, but much less generous than conservatives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So liberals are smarter, wealthier, but much less generous than conservatives?
    The far-left doesn't believe in charity, because as Karl Marx wrote, it merely acts as a band-aid to disguise the structural ills of society. The only way to truly cure these ills is by enacting major reform, in the form of policies that provide health care, education, and employment to all people, regardless of their socio-economic status. That is why liberals fight for these policies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The far-left doesn't believe in charity, because as Karl Marx wrote, it merely acts as a band-aid to disguise the structural ills of society. The only way to truly cure these ills is by enacting major reform, in the form of policies that provide health care, education, and employment to all people, regardless of their socio-economic status. That is why liberals fight for these policies.

Marx? How'd that work out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marx? How'd that work out?
    I'm not defending Marx's ideas, nor am I defending the far-left. I happen to believe that charity is good, and I'm disappointed that liberals don't give more.

I do, however, think it is worth pointing out that it is the left that works to enact structural change that will benefit all of society, something that goes far beyond just giving donations.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nice. Somebody said that in a book. Ill wait for the actual study.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As two MIT political scientists determined in a 2013 paper, the inclination to give appears to have virtually no relationship to one's partisan or ideological views.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...331-story.html

The MIT study also disputes liberals being more wealthy than conservatives.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.do ent.../who-gives.pdf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is the left that works to enact structural change that will benefit all of society

and the 1%/right-wing/Repugs do "work to enact structural change that will benefit all of society"?

Internet and the ignorant assholes it exposes is so entertaining.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Charitable-Giving Divide
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22FOB-wwln-t.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the 1%/right-wing/Repugs do "work to enact structural change that will benefit all of society"?

Dude, that was precisely the point I was making. The left works to benefit all of society. The right doesn't. Read my post again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Ridiculous conflation yields strawman. Nothing new here. Smh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude, that was precisely the point I was making. The left works to benefit all of society. The right doesn't. Read my post again.
    Lots of dots to connect. Better get started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridiculous conflation yields strawman. Nothing new here. Smh
    GFY

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lots of dots to connect. Better get started.
    TB with the back from the dead goods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do fairly well, I mean, for being a lib and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uriel do u have to bring iq into every thread?

we get it brah. u took an iq test recently

i'm already pretty obnoxious... i can imagine how much worse it would be if i paraded around campus wearing my LSAT score as a badge

Thread Information