Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    But they didn't beat FSU. They lost.
    Come on man, don't play that silliness, anyone who saw that game knows for a fact.....ND wins on at ND/nuetral site/and if they played in FSU the folllwing week ND wins there also. There was no doubt who the better team was, none! And, I took FSU to win, yep....got lucky and know it.

These committee members know the game, how can they have FSU there but the team who kicked them around not there? Who really thinks App State was better than Michigan? If they would have played the following week Mich kills them and everyone knows that.

Post Count
    Come on man, don't play that silliness, anyone who saw that game knows for a fact.....ND wins on at ND/nuetral site/and if they played in FSU the folllwing week ND wins there also. There was no doubt who the better team was, none! And, I took FSU to win, yep....got lucky and know it.

These committee members know the game, how can they have FSU there but the team who kicked them around not there? Who really thinks App State was better than Michigan? If they would have played the following week Mich kills them and everyone knows that.
    There wasn't that much separation on the field between both teams. Neither team were outstanding, especially the defenses which are barely above average for both teams. A close loss does help Notre Dame, but let's just hope USC or Arizona State finds a way to win because they're not a championship level team and would get wiped out. Same with FSU. Rather see two SEC teams (MSU/Bama/Auburn/Ole Miss/Georgia), a Pac-12 team (Oregon), and a Big 12 team (TCU/KSU). That field of four would be highly entertaining.

There wasn't that much separation on the field between both teams. Neither team were outstanding, especially the defenses which are barely above average for both teams. A close loss does help Notre Dame, but let's just hope USC or Arizona State finds a way to win because they're not a championship level team and would get wiped out. Same with FSU. Rather see two SEC teams (MSU/Bama/Auburn/Ole Miss/Georgia), a Pac-12 team (Oregon), and a Big 12 team (TCU/KSU). That field of four would be highly entertaining.
    I totally agree 100%, but you can't have FSU there (and they will be) and not the team that beat them (trust me everyone saw that as a ND win).

All I'm saying is ND is the most important school in all of college football, if there is anyway possible to get them in the big show they will be there.

Losing to FSU in a big night game in front of everyone on a call like that, yep....huge!

The Raiders losing over .....The Tuck Rule....?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-27-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Post Count
    I totally agree 100%, but you can't have FSU there (and they will be) and not the team that beat them (trust me everyone saw that as a ND win).

All I'm saying is ND is the most important school in all of college football, if there is anyway possible to get them in the big show they will be there.

Losing to FSU in a big night game in front of everyone on a call like that, yep....huge!

The Raiders losing over .....The Tuck Rule....?
    Come on Avante, that was the correct call. The WRs were so eggrecious it had to be called especially after the FSU coaches tipped the referees beforehand.

Anyway, you're right. If FSU and ND win out, both teams will be in the le game. The question is at the expense of who? I'm thinking a SEC team. I think the Pac-12 will get rewarded since they are the 2nd best conference right now. Surprisingly, looking at college-football reference, they have the ACC number 3 on their calculations with the Big-12 4th and Big Ten a distant 5th. Their best non-P5 conference? C-USA.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2014.html

So how do they rank each individual team based on their formula of strength of schedule/margin of victory/offensive rating/defensive rating?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...4-ratings.html

Their top 5 schools are all from the SEC up to this point. They have Mississippi State as the best offense in the country up to this point (Click on the OSRS) followed by North Carolina, Western Kentucky, Cal, and FSU. The best defenses in the country (Click on DSRS) are Ole Miss, Stanford, Bama, LSU, and Clemson.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the ND Touchdown called back was on 4th Down. It really could have gone either way and Irish took the easy way out by rerunning an illegal play from their 1st Touchdown of the Game.

Beyond applauding Irish for going on the road to Tallahassee, their schedule will not end up being that much more difficult than FSU (after ACCCG).

It's not exactly looking right now like SEC will get 2 teams into the Playoff so something like

FSU, Oregon, Irish & SEC seems likely. Unless Ole Miss sneaks in or MSU loses a really close game @ Bama

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the ND Touchdown called back was on 4th Down. It really could have gone either way and Irish took the easy way out by rerunning an illegal play from their 1st Touchdown of the Game.

Beyond applauding Irish for going on the road to Tallahassee, their schedule will not end up being that much more difficult than FSU (after ACCCG).

It's not exactly looking right now like SEC will get 2 teams into the Playoff so something like

FSU, Oregon, Irish & SEC seems likely. Unless Ole Miss sneaks in or MSU loses a really close game @ Bama
    I want to see the committee put in a 2 loss SEC team ahead of a 1 loss Big 12 or Big 10 team.
    I wanna see the crap fly. The 4 team playoff system is cool, but it's not going to make the sickening in-conference love stop. Hate thy neighbor is part of what made college football compelling. Despise your conference rival, despise your conference winner. SEC... SEC... gtfo fools.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    I want to see the committee put in a 2 loss SEC team ahead of a 1 loss Big 12 or Big 10 team.
    I wanna see the crap fly. The 4 team playoff system is cool, but it's not going to make the sickening in-conference love stop. Hate thy neighbor is part of what made college football compelling. Despise your conference rival, despise your conference winner. SEC... SEC... gtfo fools.
    2-loss SEC will definitely get in over Michigan St or Ohio St. But a Baylor, TCU or even Kansas St? I don't think so because right now the BIG12 is being rated as the #2 Conference in the Nation this season.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2-loss SEC will definitely get in over Michigan St or Ohio St. But a Baylor, TCU or even Kansas St? I don't think so because right now the BIG12 is being rated as the #2 Conference in the Nation this season.
    If Ohio State finishes the season with that one loss with a new QB, will fly.

MSU in final 4 with Oregon would look horrible.

Come on Avante, that was the correct call. The WRs were so eggrecious it had to be called especially after the FSU coaches tipped the referees beforehand.

Anyway, you're right. If FSU and ND win out, both teams will be in the le game. The question is at the expense of who? I'm thinking a SEC team. I think the Pac-12 will get rewarded since they are the 2nd best conference right now. Surprisingly, looking at college-football reference, they have the ACC number 3 on their calculations with the Big-12 4th and Big Ten a distant 5th. Their best non-P5 conference? C-USA.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2014.html

So how do they rank each individual team based on their formula of strength of schedule/margin of victory/offensive rating/defensive rating?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...4-ratings.html

Their top 5 schools are all from the SEC up to this point. They have Mississippi State as the best offense in the country up to this point (Click on the OSRS) followed by North Carolina, Western Kentucky, Cal, and FSU. The best defenses in the country (Click on DSRS) are Ole Miss, Stanford, Bama, LSU, and Clemson.
    I agree with all that, no ND/FSU couldn't be where they are playing an SEC schedule. But they don't.

I do have a strong feeling the committee will try their best to spread it out without ever admitting that. Hel yes it could easily be.....Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU, but that will never happen for obvious reasons. Sure the conference beats each other up, but what can really be done about it, yep....nothing.

I have no doubts they hate having three southern schools in there with MSU/Bama/FSU so it's gotta be either ND or Oregon. Or....maybe both, dumping Bama. Trust me, they want as much of the country involved as they can get.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    I agree with all that, no ND/FSU couldn't be where they are playing an SEC schedule. But they don't.

I do have a strong feeling the committee will try their best to spread it out without ever admitting that. Hel yes it could easily be.....Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU, but that will never happen for obvious reasons. Sure the conference beats each other up, but what can really be done about it, yep....nothing.

I have no doubts they hate having three southern schools in there with MSU/Bama/FSU so it's gotta be either ND or Oregon. Or....maybe both, dumping Bama. Trust me, they want as much of the country involved as they can get.
    3 of those teams already lost

3 of those teams already lost
    Well no So have Oregon and ND. The point was those SEC teams travel a harder road than anyone else.

Thread Information