Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would've preferred seeing TD and Manu but the tri-tip, chocolate sundae and free booze made up for it.
    And I now have $300 credit to get me a jersey or some tickets for the regular season Spurs vs Suns.
    Thanks Sarver!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Sarver did the right thing for him and his organization. Maybe the medium can be questioned but at the end of the day, I think Suns fans appreciate it. The Spurs meanwhile will continue to do what they do. We are used to it as Spurs fans and actually appreciate what Pop does to save the players and for the most part - the results speak for themself.

However not everyone in the league agrees with it. I was listening to the radio this morning and as Jerry Stackhouse says, and I'm paraphrasing "the Spurs are above the NBA, they do what they do" - and he didn't mean it, from what I understand, in a positive way. Some see it as arrogance, we on the other hand see it differently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this is so stupid. It's the ing pre-season. Fans are dumb if they are buying pre-season tickets expecting to see some sort of real/compe ive game action by the stars of the league. Nobody is trying or gives two s about pre-season. Basketball fans know this. There is no compensation or gift deserved by anyone who attended the game.

And I find it laughable that Sarver picks this game to start making a scene about this non-issue. Dude still has a giant hard on for the Spurs. How ing embarrassing is that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have given fans a refund who showed up for game 5 in 2007, since they didn't get to see Amare and Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a vacuum, I can understand Phoenix's point of view; but given our history with them, them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this is so stupid. It's the ing pre-season. Fans are dumb if they are buying pre-season tickets expecting to see some sort of real/compe ive game action by the stars of the league. Nobody is trying or gives two s about pre-season. Basketball fans know this. There is no compensation or gift deserved by anyone who attended the game.

And I find it laughable that Sarver picks this game to start making a scene about this non-issue. Dude still has a giant hard on for the Spurs. How ing embarrassing is that.
    I agree fully. You already lost if you paid alot for a meaningless preseason game . I would gor for free or cheap only and care less about the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver and the Suns are kinda cute.

Close your eyes and imagine this;
    You're a local startup launching a search engine optimization initiative. You've planned a party, media coverage, key note speakers etc. Towards the end of the event, you get upset that nobody from Google attended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Pop's job is to build a compe ive basketball team, not to entertain the people of Phoenix, Arizona.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really?? he said that during a game?? Sucks that the Spurs ''scrubs'' didn't destroy those guys.

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all fairness I don't blame him, the Spurs are the defending NBA champs and forget Duncan, Manu, Parker, not even Pop showed up. The saying goes you get what you paid for and those fans expected to at least have Pop, Parker there. It's like ordering a cheeseburger and just getting the bun only, no meat, pickles, cheese, ketchup, you would feel jipped. It was a classy move to show a little heart for people paying their hard earned money for the bun only but it's not what they paid for.

It's pre-season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so ironic...complaining that you didn't get to see the spurs stars in a preseason game...You have had 15 years to see pop, manu, tim, and tony. Twice a year and sometimes up to 6 times if they played in the playoffs. If your so upset that you didn't see them just come back during the regular season. Also i hate this bs about losing your hard earned money....going to a nba game is privilege not a necessity, nobody made you buy those tickets guaranteeing anything about certain players playing. If you want a guarantee about seeing spurs stars TRY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS! then you will see our stars in 2 home games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet another example of how Sarver just doesn't get it. It must eat this guy alive that the Spurs have had so much success and with such beloved players. Crying about not having stars play during a preseason game? He's way late to the party and complaining at the wrong time. Just over the top grandstanding. I bet the Phoenix fans were rolling their eyes and thinking the same thing. Lol! Questioning a 5 time Championship team on how they run things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, I love it when we troll the suns, even without Nash and stoudamire or whatever the he calls himself nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it's like the NFL, season ticket holders are forced to buy them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver is such a bozo.
    You misspelled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why buy tickets to a pre-season game? You got young guys playing and old guys resting and doing the bare minimal.. I would never buy a pre-season ticket for any sport..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...%2FFB%2FSNMain

"It's their decision and it's my decision to decide what to do for our fans," Sarver told the Republic's Paul Coro. "I'm fine with it."

A real apology would consist of full or substantial refunds rather than gift certificates for tickets, team gear or concession items, which is what Sarver is offering. In the Republic story, Sarver said he realized that people "spent a lot of money to buy these tickets." So why not return a big chunk that money?
    This was all just a scam to lure people into the Suns store, where that gift certificate will probably buy you half a shirt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why buy tickets to a pre-season game? You got young guys playing and old guys resting and doing the bare minimal.. I would never buy a pre-season ticket for any sport..
    Season ticket holders have to buy them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dex, you gotta update your signature. That x'd out count above Tim should go up to 20 now. Time to start a new row.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the most part I think Sarver is a asshat but I wish Peter Holt would do the same when we season ticket holders
    have pre-season practice games included in our season package. We pay full price to watch practice games! How many
    games have the Spurs lost in the pre-season over the last 5 years? Pop doesn't care so why should I care enough to have
    to buy a full price ticket to one of these games? We cannot not opt out of theses games. They are just cash cows for all the
    NBA teams. I love the Spurs but I hate these home games. The Spurs had a free open practice for all the fans so why can't
    they do it for these games. It would let the fans with big family's see a game or the person who cannot afford to see a regular
    season game a chance to see a game. With teams selling for a $billion$ dollars they can afford to do this........
    Last edited by Biernutz; 10-18-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude still piss about 07 lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its probably worse for spurs fans.

Suns fans pay to see suns Fans.

Spurs fans pay to see spurs.

The people most disappointed would be those Spurs fans in Phoenix who turn up to watch their beloved spurs and get Scraps

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Not sure if serious.
    No I wasn't. It's just a freaking preseason game. IMO while classy on his part, a bit premature. However what I said does apply to regular season games and playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the most part I think Sarver is a asshat but I wish Peter Holt would do the same when we season ticket holders
    have pre-season practice games included in our season package. We pay full price to watch practice games! How many
    games have the Spurs lost in the pre-season over the last 5 years? Pop doesn't care so why should I care enough to have
    to buy a full price ticket to one of these games? We cannot not opt out of theses games. They are just cash cows for all the
    NBA teams. I love the Spurs but I hate these home games. The Spurs had a free open practice for all the fans so why can't
    they do it for these games. It would let the fans with big family's see a game or the person who cannot afford to see a regular
    season game a chance to see a game. With teams selling for a $billion$ dollars they can afford to do this........
    You're pissing into the wind. Once a sport monetizes something, they'll never walk it back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im gonna refund your tickets.....and by refund your tickets i mean give you store credit to my gift shop full of overpriced where youll surely have to fork over some extra cash in order to get whatever overpriced item you want

Thread Information