Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is Scott the worst active coach in the league?

Byron Scott discussed the high rate of three-point shot attempts taken by NBA teams and admitted he is not a believer in the system.

“You’ve got a lot of teams that just live and die by it,” Scott said Friday. “Teams, general managers, coaches, they kind of draft that way to try to space the floor as much as possible. But you have to have shooters like that; you also have to have guys that can penetrate and get to the basket, because that opens up the floor.”

When asked whether he buys into the style, Scott said: “I don’t believe it wins championships. (It) gets you to the playoffs.”

Popvich's take on this?

"I hate it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

No, he wasn't kidding when he said that in June. Popovich detests the 3-pointer, but in this NBA, it's a prerequisite.

"It's changed the game," Popovich said. "It makes it tougher to cover that much room defensively on the court, so you do have to pay attention to it defensively. It's a heck of a weapon. ... To me it's not basketball but you've got to use it. If you don't, you're in big trouble."The Spurs led the league in 3-point accuracy last year, making more shots from deep than ever before.

In the playoffs, their percentages got even better, and in the NBA Finals against the Heat they shot a wildly good 47 percent from 3-land.

What the heck man
    Fouling hard
    2 hour practices before game time
    no 3 pointers
    ISO kobe ball

this is actually worst than 48.5 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LOLakers really are planning on providing this place with lulz for years to come, tbh.

Thank you based Contract.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Lakers are gunna brick 19 footers all season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one team averaged less than 15 3 attempts per game last year but they were one of the slowest paced and best defensively

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Only one team averaged less than 15 3 attempts per game last year but they were one of the slowest paced and best defensively
    Memphis?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL, the Spurs were the best three point shooting team in the league in winning the 2014 le and Miami was #2 in winning the 2013 le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott just showing off that fine coaching pedigree.

http://grantland.com/features/the-re...t-hurting-nba/

Just about everyone in the NBA, from scouts to head coaches to GMs, understands that long 2-point shots are bad and 3s are good. There is a strong correlation between 3-point attempts and team scoring efficiency, and an even more specific correlation between the number of short corner 3s a team attempts and its overall points per possession.

The debate on this stuff is over. Math has won, though team-by-team personnel obviously still plays a huge role in a team’s shot-selection profile.
    Everyone...except for Byron, it seems.

Have fun, Laker fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt really matter much. The lakers are not going to be anything close to a contender this season even with the best three point shooting in league history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Scott has going for him is that the team is so ty, tbh... basically it's going to be easy for him to deflect to the fact that the team generally sucks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are going to focus on getting Kobe face time, breaking Jordan's scoring record and the all star game of which Kobe is a shoo in. This is Kobe's epitaph, let's see how he writes it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CROFL, the Spurs were the best three point shooting team in the league in winning the 2014 le and Miami was #2 in winning the 2013 le.
    Dallas 2011 - Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Stojakovic, Stevenson

Miami 2012/2013 - Allen, Miller, Jones, Battier, Chalmers

San Antonio 2014 - Ginobili, Green, Mills, Belinelli, Diaw, Bonner

The last championship team that wasn't built around an interior attack surrounded by good shooters was the 2010 Lakers...and even then, Kobe needed a bailout three from Artest to prevent coughing up another one to the Celts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Lakers having fun yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who on the Lakers is alive to be a decent three point threat anyways?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they're a special case considering the post-guys they have. Memphis was a 3 point shooter (or two) away from beating the OK Thunder last year. Or some even officiating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL RELOAD NO REBUILD

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott wants everyone to go at the basket then kick the ball out to Kobe....They were in the last 5 in the league
    last year in 3pt shots made......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott thinks it's still like during his playing days, when it was midrange oriented

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Lakers to win they must shoot long twos 95 percent of the game, no layups or 3pt as that is inefficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott trying to bump up Kirby's shooting %, thinking higher percentage jumpers will work

Kitby still coaching that team

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Dallas 2011 - Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Stojakovic, Stevenson

Miami 2012/2013 - Allen, Miller, Jones, Battier, Chalmers

San Antonio 2014 - Ginobili, Green, Mills, Belinelli, Diaw, Bonner

The last championship team that wasn't built around an interior attack surrounded by good shooters was the 2010 Lakers...and even then, Kobe needed a bailout three from Artest to prevent coughing up another one to the Celts.
    That's cause the triangle creates enough issues for the defense, regardless of whether or not you have elite shooting

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trees for Threes

Hey Lakers fans! Each time the Lakers score a three-pointer during a home game until March 19th, East West Bank will fund the planting of a tree in the Los Angeles Community.
    Last edited by Kool Bob Love; 10-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one gives a what any of "fans" think anyway. You need a balanced attack and the fact that TD is no longer the player he used to be, the spurs had to adapt (Pop's best strength as a coach). When your best inside post presence is your 3-4th option, you need to adapt the attack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    black coaches

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information