Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    messy is lucky he didn't get thrown to jail for tax fraud, it's just how things work in 3rd world countries like Spain imho, you know someone like messy would never get failed in spain for his name and fame. Son of a would've received 20yrs of prison time if he played in the US tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Prime midget is one of the top 10 best talents football has ever seen but he's only 26 and while it may not be definitive, he already showed some decline.

Right now Ronaldo has the edge imo because he's crazy consistent and puts up beast numbers season after season. Dude's about to turn 30 and he's showing no signs of slowing down. The fact that he's closing the big ballon d'or gap he had to the midget should tell how consistent and elite he has been.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Prime midget is one of the top 10 best talents football has ever seen but he's only 26 and while it may not be definitive, he already showed some decline.

Right now Ronaldo has the edge imo because he's crazy consistent and puts up beast numbers season after season. Dude's about to turn 30 and he's showing no signs of slowing down. The fact that he's closing the big ballon d'or gap he had to the midget should tell how consistent and elite he has been.
    Agree, and this is going to be another interesting aspect going forward with the comparisons with Diego... Diego adapted when the cocaine took his speed away... Midget is still extremely good, but he's going to have to adapt at not being the fastest guy on the pitch...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Typical of Messist to disappear in big games
    All-time El Clasico leader on goals AND assists. Ratio of 1 goal per final played.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    All-time El Clasico leader on goals AND assists. Ratio of 1 goal per final played.
    Bitter midget

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If Messi would get the chance of taking as many penalties as Tristiano he would already have more goals than Pele, even missing half of them.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    If Messi would get the chance of taking as many penalties as Tristiano he would already have more goals than Pele, even missing half of them.
    Of course you'd bring another overrated South American into the conversation

Europa or Nothing

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Considering how many penaldos Missi has missed

no

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Considering how many penaldos Missi has missed

no
    I said even missing half of them and Messi misse around only 10% of them so...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Agree, and this is going to be another interesting aspect going forward with the comparisons with Diego... Diego adapted when the cocaine took his speed away... Midget is still extremely good, but he's going to have to adapt at not being the fastest guy on the pitch...
    Agree with that tbh

He is still top 2-3 player in the game today but he will need probably to adapt a bit

So far it is still Diego > Messi

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    midget being a midget

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Ronaldo will never be better than Messi as a Footballer, his just more effective right now, at least in goals, but as overall impact Leo still beats him by a lot simply because he is more influential to his team than Ronaldo

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ronaldo will never be better than Messi as a Footballer, his just more effective right now, at least in goals, but as overall impact Leo still beats him by a lot simply because he is more influential to his team than Ronaldo
    If you watch Real Madrid games you will see that Ronaldo's impact goes beyond goal

He is passing, when he is not passing his runs create space and passing lanes for his teammates

And unlike Messi, he backtracks defensively

So get your facts straight before pulling stuff out of your ass

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    If you watch Real Madrid games you will see that Ronaldo's impact goes beyond goal

He is passing, when he is not passing his runs create space and passing lanes for his teammates

And unlike Messi, he backtracks defensively

So get your facts straight before pulling stuff out of your ass
    How am I pulling things out of my ass by pointing out that Messi is more influential than Ronaldo? All things you mentioned Messi does better, don't even try to compare there passing ability Lefty, Leo is miles ahead of Ronaldo when it comes to this, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Ronaldo is also not defended like Leo, usually the opponents defense shifts more close to Leo simply because his a better dribbler and can go past people with ease.

if there's a man that worries defenses and creates space for his teammates in exchange of it, its Leo... simply because like I said, his a better dribbler and they have much greater respect for him. If you don't think Messi is more talented, well I can't really do anything to change your mind.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    and tbh Lucho is ing up big time, his tactics are all wrong, playing Suarez as a right wing his gonna be another Alexis Sanchez at this rate. Messi has to take on the role as a midfielder and an attacker, cause the midfield ing sucks now.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    The Assist

Ironic Xavi is making that argument, since Messi robbed him of a Ballon d'Or in a Word Cup Year in 2010.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Xavi
    Salty
    Messi winning

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Madrid fans is 2010 "Messi shouldn't win the Golden ball, he did nothing on the WC ", Madrid fans in 2014 "Ronaldo should win the Golden ball, WC doesn't matter "

This part is interesting, tbh.

"This image [of Messi] is totally false," the playmaker declared. "I think it's great that people can talk and say what they want, but this is a lie. Messi never imposes himself on the team. This squad agrees on everything.
    Madrid football media is the most cynical in the World, tbh. They made up this story about Messi being some kind of dictator and had some gullible folks believe it.

"Messi kicked Eto'o out" Eto'o talks wonders about Messi every chance he gets.
    "Messi kicked Ibra out" The other day on the Barca-PSG game Messi and Zlatan were filmed talking and laughing toghether like good friends.

If Messi was what Madrid's media makes him out to be his teammates wouldn't like him as much as they like him and they do like him a lot, you can sense it everytime they have to talk about him on interviews.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Madrid media even managed to get FIFA to redo the voting for last year's Golden ball so that Tristiano could win it.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I was like "when did I post that?"

gonna have to get used to the new avy

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    Ballspielverein Borussia Dortmund
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count