Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    when he had a stacked Portugal with prime Pepe, Deco, Fábio Coentrão, Simão, etc he disappeared, per par...

plus since when you need a stacked team to beat the MLS? We're talking Europe here, the supposed masters of the game
    at stacked

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    that Portugal team was stacked... IIRC, they won the U20 World Cup back in the day and was hyped up to be a contender..

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Since Ronaldo joined the national team, the only time Portugal had a team as good as today's Argentina was in 2004 but Ronaldo was 18 at the time and fresh off his move to United.
    excuses, that's all tristianofan has... that's why I was saying, I don't get why you want to have this conversation...

That asterisk you put up there applies just as much or more to Tristiano, tbh....

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

JJ Watt with a Make-A-Wish fan, what a guy. Not sure if he's the best football player on the planet though, I'd give it to Brady
    Who is JJ Watt?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    that Portugal team was stacked... IIRC, they won the U20 World Cup back in the day and was hyped up to be a contender..
    Fail. None of the players you mentioned were U20 WC champions for Portugal back in the early 90's

Figo and Rui Costa were indeed U20 WC champions but they retired from the national team in the mid-00's when Ronaldo was still a teenager.

Face it midgetfan. Prime midget, soon to be 5x ballon d'or winner and so called GOAT is underachieving with such a stacked national team.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If they are stacked, then Argentina is MEGA STACKED

Missi can't win with a MEGA STACKED team

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    If they are stacked, then Argentina is MEGA STACKED

Missi can't win with a MEGA STACKED team
    ARG is overrated as ... no name defenders, Rmer at GK... Fatguain is a serial choker... Dive Maria and Kun always get 'injured' when the pressure mounts...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Fail. None of the players you mentioned were U20 WC champions for Portugal back in the early 90's

Figo and Rui Costa were indeed U20 WC champions but they retired from the national team in the mid-00's when Ronaldo was still a teenager.

Face it midgetfan. Prime midget, soon to be 5x ballon d'or winner and so called GOAT is underachieving with such a stacked national team.
    Prime midget was 90 mins away from a WC and Copa America... no matter what argument you bring to the table, that's still better than anything Tristiano ever did with Portugal...

That's why you need to stick with ManU and RMAO talk when trying to hype up Tristiano over Midget... On the NT side, it's not even a fair comparison...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Prime midget was 90 mins away from a WC and Copa America... no matter what argument you bring to the table, that's still better than anything Tristiano ever did with Portugal...
    That's a cute coping mechanism. Being 90 minutes away from a trophy is what you tell yourself so you can sleep better at night. At the end of the day he still came out empty handed on back to back occasions

Midget and Ronaldo won the same at the WC and on their respective continents, nothing. Except midget's team is 10x better

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    That's a cute coping mechanism. Being 90 minutes away from a trophy is what you tell yourself so you can sleep better at night. At the end of the day he still came out empty handed on back to back occasions

Midget and Ronaldo won the same at the WC and on their respective continents, nothing. Except midget's team is 10x better
    coping mechanisms like portugal is not stacked enough ?

You're basically making my point for me, that line above should read:

* Midget and Tristiano's stats may go down exponentially when they're not wearing a Barca and RMAO jerseys.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    , I'm not even a full-blown Missi fan like DAFtonella... I still have Diego over him all time...

but bringing up the NT team talk, especially after last summer, is like Kobefan thinking he still has anything left in the tank... that conversation has been over a long time ago

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ARG is overrated as ... no name defenders, Rmer at GK... Fatguain is a serial choker... Dive Maria and Kun always get 'injured' when the pressure mounts...
    idk Pipita ADM Kun Javier etc are great in clubs

Enrique Messi

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    idk Pipita ADM Kun Javier etc are great in clubs

Enrique Messi
    Dive Maria is typical Enrique... closeout game = oh noes, my hammy hurts

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Just face it, they're all big names and in big clubs. They're stacked and Missi still can't beat a 40yr old virgin in Klose and a third world country like Chile

Tevez - Boca Juniors
    Higuain - Napoli
    Aguerooooo - Manchester City
    Vietto - Atletico de Madrid
    Dybala - Juventus
    Lavezzi - PSG
    Di Maria - PSG
    Pastore - PSG
    Mascherano - Barcelona
    Otamendi - Manchester City
    Zabaleta - Manchester City
    Rojo - Machester United
    Romero - Manchester United

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Dybala and Vietto are Argentinean? I had no idea, true story

We staaaaaacked

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    tbh, I said it after the Copa America, there's no excuse for this team not to win something...

But they're also generally overrated. I hated on Rojo since way back in the day, not my fault Manchester United gave that guy and Romero a contract... that's why ManU is in the ter, tbh

Put Sabella instead of Maradona in the 2010 WC, and Messi, then at the peak of his powers, would probably ring....Much better Argentina side in 2010 and Spain were actually dreary and unimaginative for most tournament while Germany were not yet the well-oiled machine of 2014..In 2018, Messi would have already declined and there is no way a non-european team will win in Russia ..South Africa was the real one that got away, IMO..

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Put Sabella instead of Maradona in the 2010 WC, and Messi, then at the peak of his powers, would probably ring....Much better Argentina side in 2010 and Spain were actually dreary and unimaginative for most tournament while Germany were not yet the well-oiled machine of 2014..In 2018, Messi would have already declined and there is no way a non-european team will win in Russia ..South Africa was the real one that got away, IMO..
    In 2010 they faced Germany, who made them their , again!

In 2010 they faced Germany, who made them their , again!
    Coaching in NT is more important than at club level..Diego was obviously a joke..Still that 4-0 drubbing was 1-0 was at 63 min mark, and then the deluge..I don't think Messi will win a WC but i thought 2010 was the probably the moment to be crowned as he was in midst of his peak 2009-2012..

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Germany been the torn in our side on WC's since we beat them in 1986 to win it, tbh...

Lost two WC Finals to them since, and I think ARG would've won it all with Pekerman in 2006 if we didn't get eliminated by Germany on penaldos.

I think that would've been a much better chance than 2010, tbh, regardless of Missi... That was also a great generation of players with Zanetti, Sorin, Samuel, Riquelme, Saviola, Aimar that could just never get it done.

Germany been the torn in our side on WC's since we beat them in 1986 to win it, tbh...

Lost two WC Finals to them since, and I think ARG would've won it all with Pekerman in 2006 if we didn't get eliminated by Germany on penaldos.

I think that would've been a much better chance than 2010, tbh, regardless of Missi... That was also a great generation of players with Zanetti, Sorin, Samuel, Riquelme, Saviola, Aimar that could just never get it done.
    Italy and France were too good in 2006, tbh >> below-par Spain/serial close-but-no-cigar Holland in 2010..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The are Tristiano fanboys arguing? Messi > Tristiano on club play, Messi > Tristiano at NT play, Messi > Tristiano at video games, Messi > Tristiano at life. Messi is better than Tristiano, I know that, you know that, Messi knows that, Tristiano knows that, everybody knows that. Just let it die and this fact will hurt you less.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I still have Diego over him all time...
    my nig El tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Well everybody knows that (except DAF)

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC