My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the early warm-ups, Chip Engelland was working hard with Matt Bonner, and Bonner's shot was looking really good. His feet are back in line, and the rotation on his shots was incredible. I watched him make 14-15 in a row from outside, and I was thinking that he might be of some use this season. Then the game started. Matt The Matador, as usual, on the defensive end. And his ball handling skills once again remind me of Sean's comments about "Tragic Johnson". As long as he can stand on the outside and shoot uncontested 3-pointers, he'll be fine... at least until the playoffs.

Kyle Anderson got dinged out of at least 2 AST's, that I'm certain of - I think maybe a couple more besides. It's only pre-season, and stats don't really mean anything. But everyone looks at them. One slick little pass to Danny Green, which Green buried immediately for a 3, went totally unnoticed by the scorers. Rookies need all the help they can get.

Tony spent the warm-up time getting some attention from a trainer, doing stretching and strength drills for his quads. It was obvious how much the offense suffers without Parker. But it also drove home how important Patty Mills was/is.

Boris was really, really late coming out for early warm-ups, and headed back to the locker room pretty quickly. When the team came out for the pre-game shoot-around, Boris wasn't with them. He came out just before the game started and took a couple of shots. Then he came out from the halftime break just before the second half started. Maybe nothing, but it seemed kind of strange.

Three guys in suits stand in the tunnel entrance, and then take turns walking over to the end of the Spurs' bench. Each time, and little slip of yellow paper got passed down from somewhere (Spurs coaches, or announcers' table). The last guy handed the yellow note to the suit, and he hustled it back down the tunnel. I never noticed anything like it before. Anyone know what's on the yellow paper, or who they carry it to? Seemed really important to them, and they were always in a rush to get it to wherever it was going.

The zebras made a really bad call against the Spurs (called against Bonner). Immediately after the whistle there was a time out, so they re-played it a couple of times on the Jumbotron. When play was about to resume, the announcer called out, "After review, the ruling on the court stands." It sounded just like an announcement at a football game. The refs looked perturbed. I was the only one who laughed. For just a second, I actually questioned whether they had put in some kind of new rule that I didn't hear about. I guess just nobody was paying attention.

I don't watch a lot of basketball anymore. But my daughter gets me to go with her. These were the seats we had off and on in the playoffs last season. Most of the pics turned out really crappy. These were only sort of crappy.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili had 6TO's, the worst +/- , and has looked like so far

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really appreciated response. FYI, regarding the instant replay:

The NBA announced today that its Board of Governors has approved an additional "trigger" for instant replay review as well as five modifications to the existing replay rules. In addition, the Board approved three other playing rule changes. These rules will go into effect commencing with preseason games on Friday, October 17.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/10/16/b...-rule-changes/

Immediately after the whistle there was a time out, so they re-played it a couple of times on the Jumbotron. When play was about to resume, the announcer called out, "After review, the ruling on the court stands." It sounded just like an announcement at a football game. The refs looked perturbed. I was the only one who laughed. For just a second, I actually questioned whether they had put in some kind of new rule that I didn't hear about. I guess just nobody was paying attention.

I don't watch a lot of basketball anymore. But my daughter gets me to go with her. These were the seats we had off and on in the playoffs last season. Most of the pics turned out really crappy. These were only sort of crappy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks GSH!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris had a hoagie to finish.

I don't get why Chip wastes his time with Bonner. He's already a good shooter, work with someone who needs it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for sharing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Kawhi nice to your daughter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isn't this the got that said he's done with basketball?

good post tho, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was sitting very close to the bench, probably closer than I will any other game this season. Boris didn't seem injured or hurt from what I saw. Everyone was very relaxed. TP looked like he was enjoying himself. Tim played almost the entire first quarter and was a real cheerleader when he hasn't playing. Manu had his leg super wrapped up, ice I guess. One of the fun things was watching him make faces at the twins when they came out in the fourth quarter. His wife looks really chilled and down home. Everyone was laughing when it went to OT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thks for sharing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris looks like he isn't in good shape at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris looks like he isn't in good shape at all.
    He hasn't had a rest in a long time. Probably coasting along right now.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris looks fat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. I'm not a fan of what Boris' at ude is towards what he regards as being in shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This preseason has not been kind to the Spurs ... too many minor injuries which hamper what Pop tries to accomplish during that time. I think this also is reflected in his mood ... the Heat announcers described him as more grumpy than normal. Boris looks totally disinterested and Manu is out of order. He will need some more weeks to get back to last years Manu. And yes we miss Patty, he is not better than Tony and Tony looks very good so far, but we need Patty from the bench.

All in all this shapes up to be a tough regular season ...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Kawhi nice to your daughter?
    Asking the important questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you quit on the team last year ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili had 6TO's, the worst +/- , and has looked like so far
    Relax Yacht. He is getting it out of his system early

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you took pics with a toothpick?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs