My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if it's been posted already but here it is: http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...power-rankings

It doesn't go too in-depth but they seem high on Anderson.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 10-19-2014 at 02:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are not number one....

Ooh wait....we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Cleveland (59 wins) surpassing us (58 wins) for the #1 overall seed. If these two teams meet in the Finals, it will be interesting to see if the Spurs can beat the LeBron-led Cavs without HCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who did we lose from last season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damion James, Othyus Jeffers, and Shannon Brown. Oh, and 2/3s of a season of DeColo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Cleveland (59 wins) surpassing us (58 wins) for the #1 overall seed. If these two teams meet in the Finals, it will be interesting to see if the Spurs can beat the LeBron-led Cavs without HCA.
    Sucks that the east has been for so many years. The best team in the east always has it so easy for half the seasons games.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks that the east has been for so many years. The best team in the east always has it so easy for half the seasons games.
    the east is definitely tougher this year. Raptors, wizards, hornets, bulls, heat, hawks, are all legit teams. Meanwhile, the west has stayed the same if not gotten worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the east is definitely tougher this year. Raptors, wizards, hornets, bulls, heat, hawks, are all legit teams. Meanwhile, the west has stayed the same if not gotten worse.
    Every year people think that the East will improve and every year one, or even two teams will sneak into the playoffs with a below .500 record. Phoenix, the ninth seed in the WC, would have been tied for third in the EC. That's too much disparity to make up your in one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors are a very shallow team that relies on a lot of ISO ball.

Wizards are legit.

Hornets are laughable. A legit team? They wouldn't make the playoffs in the West.

Bulls are legit.

Heat? Lol. Come on. Another team that wouldn't make the WC playoffs.

Hawks could be, remains to be seen.

So that amounts to Wizards, Bulls, Cavs, and MAYBE Hawks as legit teams. Of those, I would only say that the Cavs and Bulls have a chance to be better than "good".

Meanwhile, the West has 10-11 teams that would be considered "good" or better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I do agree with your post....the best team in the east def has it much easier than the best teams in the West. However, it comes at a cost. Like last year with Miami. They "skated" through the Eastern Conference not really given much opposition. While the Spurs had to grind out every series against quality teams. Come Finals time...the Heat thought the Finals were going to be the same as the Eastern Conference. And the Spurs had already gone through and were ready for anything.

It just seems like the best Eastern Conference teams play down to their compe ion.....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East is so awful this year with George done for the season. Cleveland and a bunch of crap in that conference.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors are a very shallow team that relies on a lot of ISO ball.

Wizards are legit.

Hornets are laughable. A legit team? They wouldn't make the playoffs in the West.

Bulls are legit.

Heat? Lol. Come on. Another team that wouldn't make the WC playoffs.

Hawks could be, remains to be seen.

So that amounts to Wizards, Bulls, Cavs, and MAYBE Hawks as legit teams. Of those, I would only say that the Cavs and Bulls have a chance to be better than "good".

Meanwhile, the West has 10-11 teams that would be considered "good" or better.
    You're definitely overrating the west. A lot of the west teams are pretty mediocre. And the raptors aren't agood team? Ok , guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year people think that the East will improve and every year one, or even two teams will sneak into the playoffs with a below .500 record. Phoenix, the ninth seed in the WC, would have been tied for third in the EC. That's too much disparity to make up your in one year.
    Agreed, they have been saying that over the last 6 years and the truth is all those east teams are a joke some bad team can make it to the second round or even Conference Finals as a miracle and the next year barely make it to the 8th seed.
    Indiana makes me sick, Bulls too fans always talk about the Bulls doing something people wake up the Jordan era was 20 years ago, what about the Knicks? THE KNICKS LOL!
    Last edited by Mikeanaro; 10-19-2014 at 04:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have the complete Insider Spurs Player Profiles that goes along with it?

Used to be pretty good with the numbers work by Hollinger and last year Pelton (who predicted Spurs le in 5)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its getting better but those teams would still be speed bumps in the West.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree on both points. But especially the "West staying the same or getting worse." I see only 4 teams in the West with no chance at the playoffs: (Jazz, Lakers, Kings, T-Wolves) And the jazz have looked good defensively in the pre-season, so their are a question mark.
    Everyone else is in the hunt and would probably be a playoff team if they played in the East.
    Pelicans getting Holiday back will be contending for the 7th-8th seed. Dallas is improved with Chandler and Parsons. The Clippers are better with the Hawes signing. Denver will contend for a playoff spot, now that they got all their guys back from injury (Gallinari, McGee, etc.) and traded for another scorer/defender in Afflalo). Even the Lakers will be a TAD better with Kobe back. Definitely can't say the West got worse...

In the West:
    Playoff Locks: Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Mavs
    Fighting for 5th-8th: Warriors, Grizzlies, Rockets, Blazers, Suns, Nuggets, Pelicans
    Lotto Teams (best to worst): Jazz, Kings, Lakers, T-Wolves

In the East:
    Playoff Locks: Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Raptors,
    Fighting for 5th-8th: Heat, Bobcats, Knicks, Nets, Hawks
    Lotto teams: Pacers, Pistons, Celtics, Magic, Bucks, 76ers

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I agree with that. Even if the west stayed the same, the east is maybe tougher than it was last year, when it was the weakest we've seen since ... ever. Off the top of my head, the only playoff team that seems to have improved from last year is Chicago. Rose coming back is a big plus, but George going down washes it out. The big free-agent acquisitions for the east came from lottery teams in the west. Toronto and Washington have a chance to improve. Lebron leaving Miami to Cleveland makes the east weaker, not stronger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu, Green, Splitter all criminally underrated. Name me 55 better players than Manu. Green at 87? Splitter at 96? What?
    Last edited by RD2191; 10-20-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: timtonymanu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu, Green, Splitter all criminally underrated. Name me 55 better players than Manu. Green at 87? Splitter at 6? What?
    How can Splitter be underrated if he's ranked #6?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can Splitter be underrated if he's ranked #6?
    My bad, 96.

Thread Information