Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the world's most expensive bag tbh, even more pricey than those made by Louis Vuitton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two more years of the 48.5 era

Thank you based Contract
    And some LA fan or fans were trying to justify to me at work before the year as to why he was worth that contract . One fan tried to justify why Tim took a paycut and so on adn nobody saw Tim going good again after that one year but he tries to justify mr Achilles getting that much at his age, but said Tim was older. I swear man, Kobe stans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will make more with Kobe even if they miss the playoffs than they'd make with a playoff contender sans Kobe because the Lakers fan base is predominately front running, player worshiping gots who know jack about basketball.
    Yep pretty much that

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Abbott is long-time Kobe hater whose defense of that hate is as flimsy as Amb's. I would respect him more (as a hater/not writer) if he would just admit it.
    Amb though is right though I dont blame everything on Jimbo easy to point finger at Kobe when Magic, stephen A, Croussard colin and teh rest of the ESPN illumanti is blaming you instead. Lakers woes are due to: age, Kobe's contract, Gutting the scouting department, Mitch, not trading Dwight when he wouldnt sign the extension, the Stern veto, Senior buss passing, Fredo, the misuse and abuse of Pau and the new CBA.

This article though amusing and I am sure there is some truth to it, is still ty. Dude had an article on how Lakers would be better off without Kobe had to scrap it when Lakers re-signed Kobe and spent a year digging dirt. This is after his annual Kobe is not clutch stuff.

If this was Zack Lowe, Simmons, Woj or someone I respected I would eat the article whole. Considering source Im guessing it's about 50% accurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just insulted half of the ST members, since most of them actually believes Kobe was signed to extend for basketball reasons
    if he was signed for tickets, why not pay him his market value, that is the mini mid level exception?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a free article: http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...akers-downfall

For whatever reaason I see a bunch of white space at the top but if I scroll down I can read it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Really though, that was. Really good article by Abbott. If it wasn't for the fact this was written before the coteCtbwas signed as Killakobe81 said, it would have more weight in it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if he was signed for tickets, why not pay him his market value, that is the mini mid level exception?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will make more with Kobe even if they miss the playoffs than they'd make with a playoff contender sans Kobe because the Lakers fan base is predominately front running, player worshiping gots who know jack about basketball.
    That's presumably part of the reason Kupchak has been outspokenly anti-tanking; his bosses won't tell him to outright tank because tanking costs them a fortune. Meanwhile, it's not as if Bryant didn't have his supporters. Lakers season-ticket holders are a who's who of power brokers and celebrities, and in what one Lakers insider believes was a coordinated effort, many called Jim to make clear they expected him to bring Bryant back.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Paul George @Yg_Trece ·

Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul George @Yg_Trece ·

Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain
    Wasnt media, just Abbott grinding his axe in Kobe's ass .... nothing to see here. But he did have a few good points. In the hand of a less biased writer that story could have been really good. We all know Kobe wasnt great at recruiting Dwight. But why not get something from Pau? Shaq even? Ramon Sessions? REALLY?! And if guys like Pau were unwilling to talk (since they are still playing) sit on the story. I think there is SOME smoke there but again when the source is tainted it makes the fruit sour.
    PLUS almost everyone else is blaming Jimbo (though i think the other buss fam and Mitch should get blame too) they signed the extensions, cut the scouts, did not re-hire PJax let, Let Phil push out West, THE NASH TRADE!!! all of those are bigger issues than Kobe's ego and contract the real issues

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And almost signed Melo ... what a mess.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wasnt media, just Abbott grinding his axe in Kobe's ass .... nothing to see here. But he did have a few good points. In the hand of a less biased writer that story could have been really good. We all know Kobe wasnt great at recruiting Dwight. But why not get something from Pau? Shaq even? Ramon Sessions? REALLY?! And if guys like Pau were unwilling to talk (since they are still playing) sit on the story. I think there is SOME smoke there but again when the source is tainted it makes the fruit sour.
    PLUS almost everyone else is blaming Jimbo (though i think the other buss fam and Mitch should get blame too) they signed the extensions, cut the scouts, did not re-hire PJax let, Let Phil push out West, THE NASH TRADE!!! all of those are bigger issues than Kobe's ego and contract the real issues
    Lol how is it biased if those quotes from Laker insiders are true?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm the next Jordan, guys
    But he is like Jordan now. Like when Jordan got lit up by Charles Smith in that game on national TV in 2002.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol how is it biased if those quotes from Laker insiders are true?
    No its biased

Abbott cited Sessions as one of the FA who was turned off playing with Kobe when we all know, the Lakers didn't go after Sessions to sign Steve Nash

The Lakers didn’t want Ramon Sessions back as a free agent, at least not for what he was asking. That’s a rough thing to deal with, but they wanted to land a difference maker, they were gearing up for one more run with Kobe and Pau, and Sessions had a rough playoffs. They got Steve Nash..
    “It was one of those situations I looked at like, ‘If I do come back what if they trade me?’ ” Sessions said. “There were talks about getting Deron. They always wanted the bigger-named guy. What if I get traded to a team and it’s my contract year? It was one of those things that I can’t say if I opted in, [Nash] wouldn’t have come. They still might have tried to get him. You just never know.”

Abbott said Paul George was one of the FA the Lakers couldn't land while purposely failing to mention George is a RFA, meaning the Pacers would just match any offers on the table

So who else is left? Lebron? He's leaving Miami for Cleveland, it fits his "coming home" narrative, and anyone who isn't dumb knows he's not playing anywhere else.

The article did had some valid point, I'll give Abbott that but he was definitely going for another character assassination as if hating on a player trying to come back from a serious injury playing for an irrelevant team is worthy of hits.

And unnamed sources

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No its biased

Abbott cited Sessions as one of the FA who was turned off playing with Kobe when we all know, the Lakers didn't go after Sessions to sign Steve Nash

The Lakers didn’t want Ramon Sessions back as a free agent, at least not for what he was asking. That’s a rough thing to deal with, but they wanted to land a difference maker, they were gearing up for one more run with Kobe and Pau, and Sessions had a rough playoffs. They got Steve Nash..
    “It was one of those situations I looked at like, ‘If I do come back what if they trade me?’ ” Sessions said. “There were talks about getting Deron. They always wanted the bigger-named guy. What if I get traded to a team and it’s my contract year? It was one of those things that I can’t say if I opted in, [Nash] wouldn’t have come. They still might have tried to get him. You just never know.”

Abbott said Paul George was one of the FA the Lakers couldn't land while purposely failing to mention George is a RFA, meaning the Pacers would just match any offers on the table

So who else is left? Lebron? He's leaving Miami for Cleveland, it fits his "coming home" narrative, and anyone who isn't dumb knows he's not playing anywhere else.

The article did had some valid point, I'll give Abbott that but he was definitely going for another character assassination as if hating on a player trying to come back from a serious injury playing for an irrelevant team is worthy of hits.

And unnamed sources
    What sources are ever named? If they are named then it could ruin their career. The fact remains this is the SECOND time an ESPN contributor has put a story out of how no one wants to play with Kobe. How many of Kobe's former teammates have anything good to say about him? Agents are the source of this. And it is holding up true. No one is flocking to LA to play with him nor will they ever.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Also, it is downright pathetic Kobestan calls the article biased after years of ESPN giving the chucker excuse after excuse.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What sources are ever named? If they are named then it could ruin their career. The fact remains this is the SECOND time an ESPN contributor has put a story out of how no one wants to play with Kobe. How many of Kobe's former teammates have anything good to say about him? Agents are the source of this. And it is holding up true. No one is flocking to LA to play with him nor will they ever.
    I Just cited reasons why the players above won't play in LA and none has nothing to do with Kobe or the market

Kobe has a lot of issues. He had ups and downs throughout his career, so this not breaking news.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, it is downright pathetic Kobestan calls the article biased after years of ESPN giving the chucker excuse after excuse.
    no, no, no, what's pathetic is flying and hooking up kaepernick's high school sister

Last edited by RsxPiimp; 10-21-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Get real, Killa.... the media was lodged firmly up Kirby's ass for a decade, they made every excuse in the book for him, and they sold the fraud image of him as a "tough guy" and a "clutch, cold blooded killer"....

Your boy's ego finally caught up to him when he threw the media that had done nothing but coddle him under the bus, and now the floodgates have opened.... get used to it, tbh....

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Is Kirbystan going to be consistent in their criticism of ESPN when Kirby inevitably does his 30-part Stephen A. interview on SportsCenter every night to try to spin this ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is Kirbystan going to be consistent in their criticism of ESPN when Kirby inevitably does his 30-part Stephen A. interview on SportsCenter every night to try to spin this ?
    Honestly tho, he can't spin this anymore. Summer of 2012 was the year he should've really passed the torch to Dwight. I really hated how he handled Dwight's FA and even tho most Laker fans doesn't like him, DH was the best player available to build your team around. Kobe's ego totally ruined the Lakers chance of being decent for the next 3-5 yrs. He really did brought all of this to himself. I know its not in his genes, but that was the perfect opportunity to bow down gracefully and end your career on a high note.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I Just cited reasons why the players above won't play in LA and none has nothing to do with Kobe or the market

Kobe has a lot of issues. He had ups and downs throughout his career, so this not breaking news.
    Lol right. Who has Kobe ever attracted as a free agent besides Crazy ass Artest? I'm talking a prominent free agent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the kind of braindead thinking that put the franchise in the situation it's in. Nash has never been a difference maker. He plays to have fun. He was already broken and missing games before landing in LA, and he largely ended up there because he basically was the D'Antoni system, at a terrible cost, both caps-wise and picks-wise. Sessions was a actually a damn good player for the Lakers (granted, he shat the bed in the playoffs, but it was his first season with the team). Young, with upside, a solid complementary player.

Thread Information