Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I havent really been able to watch any of the preseason, but most of the rotation spot is taken except for the 4th big spot. so for ppl who did watch the games who's looking good so far, daye, ayre, or baynes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye completely sucks, he even misses the most open shots in preseason games. Ayres is still Ayres. I like Baynes more than both of these guys, but he looked better in the FIBA WC than in the current preseason. He is the fifth big behind Duncan, Splitter, Diaw and Bonner (yes, Bonner).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Pop is going to give rotation minutes to any of the 'AY' boys. I have a hard time seeing any of them on next years roster, so why waste the minutes?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure Pop is going to give rotation minutes to any of the 'AY' boys. I have a hard time seeing any of them on next years roster, so why waste the minutes?
    There might not be a recognizable rotation in the first couple of months so there will be minutes for one or two of them. If Anderson keeps shooting well from outside, there is no role whatsoever for Daye. Baynes is in a weird place because he could be of use if Duncan ever retires. Ayres is still more mobile than most of the other "big" big men, so he'll still get some chances.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daye completely sucks, he even misses the most open shots in preseason games. Ayres is still Ayres. I like Baynes more than both of these guys, but he looked better in the FIBA WC than in the current preseason. He is the fifth big behind Duncan, Splitter, Diaw and Bonner (yes, Bonner).
    I am disappointed in his shooting a little, as well. I would like him to come out cold and shoot 40+% from 3. But, we should still keep it in perspective.

He's played 17 games for about a total of 175 minutes. 14 new to the team, three after a summer vacation (one of those across an ocean).

This is beating a dead horse, but he shot 4/6 from 3 in his second game and led the team in a very efficient scoring effort. His first game was not as good, nor the third, this last one. But he's out-shot Belinelli, for example, the NBA's 3-point champion. Belli is cheap, and Daye makes HALF of what Belli does. Daye's a 35% shooter from 3 in his tumultuous career with a great possibility to be a 40+% based upon some of his history. And, he shot 41% from 3 last year with us. These are their first games after a summer off. The whole team has shot pretty poorly. At one point Belli was 0/11, from three, I believe, this preseason.

Gary Neal has shot 21.1% from 3 in six games of preseason, for perspective.
    Austin Daye 31.2%.
    Belli 23.5%
    Danny Green 38.5%
    Omri Casspi 16.7% (a ST fan suggested he replace Daye, I believe.)
    Manu 22.2%
    Boris 0% on 4 attempts
    Parker 25%
    Cotton 25%
    CoJo 25%
    Kyle Anderson 50%!
    Matty 66.7% on 3 attempts

Exactly HOW ty has he shot?

Because he shoots 25-30% from 3 one night in a preseason game is no reason to assume he won't revert back to his career 35% clip, or even better.

I am sure The Spurs organization sees these things, and they are patient. They don't rush to judgement or Belli would be gone, as well.

Some Spurs fans would be happy with Belli gone, too, I guess, but I feel he's a bargain.

I am pleased with Daye's low turnover rate, only two in three games, and his interior defense has been acceptable. Better than ST pundit projections.

If everone keeps shooting this way, we can clear several roster spots. But, I don't expect that. If Daye gets waived it still probably won't be for his shooting, despite the slow start that is 4th best on the team from 3.

Edit: Daye was 3/5 from 3 in his game 2.
    Last edited by littlecoyotecoin; 10-20-2014 at 10:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors waived Jordan Hamilton.

Thread Information