My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has to do with the the triangle offense rather than the ability of fisher to coach.

My opinion is that the triangle offense will be a difficult to execute and implement properly with the Knicks. While they have a strong low post scorer (melo), the Knicks seem to lack players with high basketball iq or strong passing ability. A true triangle requires a lot of player and ball movement, along with the ability to read the defense and making the right decision.

The Knicks just seem to lack those types of players.

The triangle worked for the bulls and 3 peat lakers because Jordan and shaq was able to bail the offense out, not to mention the supporting players are typically high iq players (pippen, Cartwright, horry, fisher).

It worked for the repeat lakers because they have two of the best passing big men in the game (gasol and odom) and Kobe can bail them out when the offense breaks down.

Knicks though, will have trouble running the sets effectively, and when it breaks down, today's defense does not allow a dominant player to bail out the offense as easily even if the scorer is of the caliber of melo.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ambchang; 10-20-2014 at 03:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the NYK preview on NBA TV

Stu Jackson: " the triangle offense is gonna work because they have a lot of great shooters "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amare Stoudemire needs to have an All-Star year in order for the Knicks to make any noise this season. It will be interesting to watch nonetheless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Outside of Melo, who's going to break down the defense? So teams can either focus on taking Melo out of the game or let him go off and shut down everyone else.

Might be good in the reg season against the East though, because the East is abysmal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it will work in that it will force a culture change and most importantly give the players a plan on offense. no matter what is going on they have a job to do, so its setting a pindown or cutting or passing the ball to the other side etc. but the team wont be able to stop anybody. fisher might be their best pg defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y. fisher might be their best pg defender.
    He is also their head coach

Thread Information