Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/

And they wonder why I criticize Kobe and question if Im a Laker fan.

"Peek behind the banners," says one longtime NBA agent, "and it's rotten.""Kobe is like the big rock in their front yard," says an agent who has had a Lakers client in recent years. "You can't mow over it, so you just have to mow around it."

Another agent with current Lakers clients was asked whether Bryant undermined the team's rebuilding by alienating would-be free agent recruits. "Well, duh," he replied. "Isn't that obvious?"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/

And they wonder why I criticize Kobe and question if Im a Laker fan.
    You could have dropped this schtick long ago Midnight_Pulp...keep sucking that Spur behind closed doors. Ha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could have dropped this schtick long ago Midnight_Pulp...keep sucking that Spur behind closed doors. Ha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also just a few weeks' play from setting an all-time league record for misses. "The problem is, he's just not as good as he thinks he is," says one source in the Lakers' inner circle. "He's just not as efficient as he thinks he is. If he had the other intangibles, like LeBron, or if he was any kind of different person, it would have been easy for us to attract talent, retain it and win."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ouch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You rape what you sow, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time has come. Kirby is at a point where now the media ain't there to prop him up and to save him. Now it's time for the milking.

Just like A-Rod

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top notch article, top notch. A lot of quotable passages, truth for the masses once from ESPN. Well done, well done

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I wonder what kind of gy picture he'll post on instagram in retaliation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You rape what you sow, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Howard asked why his teammates let the injured center take all the flak when the Lakers' season went south, Nash said he didn't know that Howard had felt that way and that had he known, he would have acted differently. Bryant, on the other hand, offered a crash course in developing thick skin and a mini lecture on learning how to win. Sources told ESPN Insider Chris Broussard that Bryant's lecture was "a complete turnoff" for Howard.

Kobe

"idiots"

Not the media's darling anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The time has come. Kirby is at a point where now the media ain't there to prop him up and to save him. Now it's time for the milking.

Just like A-Rod
    Yep, they're going to bury him like A-Rod, and I'm sure Kobe will play along to stir the pot. 48.5 is no skin off his back, and the Laker fans have to just eat it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Fisher looked at the Lakers then as we all did: From Wilt to Kareem to Shaq to Pau to Boozer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey, did Kobe shout out your name? I havent heard anything....or was he just shouting out your name to the police department as you stood outside his gated community crying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something strange tells me that you'll never, ever see an article like this written about #21.

I wonder why that is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF ONE COMMON denominator has persisted throughout Bryant's tenure with the Lakers, it is this: The blame lands elsewhere, and usually with teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three things:

1) As I said in the other thread, anyone who needed "inside sources" to learn this hasn't been paying attention.

2) The gloves came off when he called them idiots after they've done nothing but walk behind him picking up his in little blue plastic bags for years.

3) ESPN is probably upset with him for single-handedly killing the Lakers cash cow.
    Last edited by UZER; 10-20-2014 at 05:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it continues

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Three things:

1) As I said in the other thread, anyone who needed "inside sources" to learn this hasn't been paying attention.

2) The gloves came off when he called them idiots after they've done nothing but walk behind him picking up his in little blue plastic bags for years.

3) ESPN is probably upset with him for single-handedly killing the Lakers cash cow.
    This. Kobe had a great thing going for himself. Chuck up all the shots he wants even if they lose, and the media will just blame his teammates. He bit the hand that fed him and pissed of ESPN, his most loyal supporter for years, and they seek to destroy him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they called him last season's worst player in the league

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I never thought I'd see the day when the media finally hopped off Kirby's , but here we are

Kirby's ego has finally ruined the part of his career that mattered most to him - the fake image/persona of the "clutch, tough, cold-blooded killer who only cares about winning" that the media helped prop up year in and year out.... way to where you eat, Kirbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never thought I'd see the day when the media finally hopped off Kirby's , but here we are

Kirby's ego has finally ruined the part of his career that mattered most to him - the fake image/persona of the "clutch, tough, cold-blooded killer who only cares about winning" that the media helped prop up year in and year out.... way to where you eat, Kirbs
    that should have ended the moment he Begged his wife to take him back..

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much TOSB personified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Kobe has done a lot of damage to the long term standard by which he'll be judged. There have simply been too many problems in his career that are the direct result of him being a me-first asshole.

Thread Information