My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats up with this guy? He is spending a fortune on ads to try again to get elected as DA...and whats up with that personal injury attorney in Corpus giving him $700,000 in just one month for his campaign? What is the real game going on here? Anyone know?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where there's smoke ...

As with megacorps and politicians (any elected official), assume guilt until proven otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the fact that LaHood got busted carrying a gun in a strip club while selling ecstasy to an undercover cop and his comment now is that "he learned from the experience".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm sick of seeing this dude's name/face everywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I first heard the ad with Tony Parker saying "I've known him for ten years, he's like a brother to me" I was impressed.

Then when I heard Antonio Daniels and Bruce Bowen saying the exact same thing, it made me want to vote against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the fact that LaHood got busted carrying a gun in a strip club while selling ecstasy to an undercover cop and his comment now is that "he learned from the experience".
    Don't believe in second chances? We all make mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't believe in second chances? We all make mistakes.
    Sure I do, but getting busted for carrying a pistol and selling X in a strip club and then lying about it recently is hardly the character reference you want for a DA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it sure isn't, but an avalanche of last minute TV ads might get the voters focused on something else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GO SPURS GO... what were we talking about?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Well, he just secured the lib vote!

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Sure I do, but getting busted for carrying a pistol and selling X in a strip club and then lying about it recently is hardly the character reference you want for a DA.
    I can see carrying a weapon, but selling illegal goods...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On one hand we have a convicted drug dealer and on the other we have a former Judge who sentenced a innocent man to death...

Bexar County (San Antonio) District Attorney, Susan Reed, indicated to Rick Casey of the Houston Chronicle that she may bring a murder by perjury charge against Moreno, the surviving victim of the robbery-shooting and key prosecution witness.[6] Juan Moreno is currently a building contractor living in east San Antonio with a teenage child of his own.

In 2006 Reed said that she was "deeply skeptical" of someone who recants testimony they gave twenty years previously but agreed that Cantu should not have been prosecuted as a death penalty case.[7]

In 2007 Reed issued a report finding that Ruben Cantu was guilty of the crime for which Texas executed him in 1993, however critics say the report is compromised by the fact Reed was the judge who rejected Cantu's appeal in 1988 and set his execution date in 1993. Reed assigned to the Cantu case two investigators, Mike Beers and James Moore, who were allegedly recorded ridiculing the case in a phone conversation and openly mocking the notion that Cantu might have been innocent
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Cantu

Sam Millsap Jr., the former district attorney who made the decision to charge Cantu with capital murder. He also indicated he never should have sought the death penalty in a case based on the testimony of an eyewitness who identified Cantu only after police officers showed him Cantu's photo three separate times.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

So how has he performed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

So how has he performed?
    He seems to be flying under the radar, doing and saying all the right things. He did appear in a TV PSA about child abuse in San Antonio which featured some notable San Antonio figures, and that trial attorney from Corpus Christi who gave him the $700K for his campaign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be flying under the radar, doing and saying all the right things. He did appear in a TV PSA about child abuse in San Antonio which featured some notable San Antonio figures, and that trial attorney from Corpus Christi who gave him the $700K for his campaign.
    That was a thinly veiled Democrat fluff piece bought and paid for by Henry the attorney. That guy is buying influence like crazy.

Thread Information