Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/rus...allegedly-say/

Players said Harvin was an accelerant in a locker room that was quickly dividing between Wilson and anti-Wilson. ... There is also an element of race that needs to be discussed. My feeling on this - and it's backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players - is that some of the black players think Wilson isn't black enough.

This, again, was similar to the situation with McNabb [versus Terrell Owens]. And this, again, will be denied by Seattle people. But there is an element of this. This is an issue that extends outside of football, into African-American society - though it's gotten better recently. Well-spoken blacks are seen by some other blacks as not completely black. Some of this is at play.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I do doubt if President Obama looked like James Brown he'd be in the White House regardless of anything else. If you weren't told he is black you'd never guess it.

Russell Wilson is something special and everyone knows this. The best combo of passing/inteligence/running we've seen. He's already doing things never done before by anyone. He couldn't do that if he was "classic" black. Warren Moon wasn't "classic" black. Geno Smith is.

When you're on top like RW/Seattle, we start seeing silly like that, it's a shame.

I do have this little theory that teammates don't like seeing others doing all those TV commercials and making all that extra $$$$$. I know, but what about Peyton/Rodgers, like I said just a theory.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I've seen people deny this--but its true. You see the element of jealousy between the blacks who are fortunate to be educated and successful and those that hold on to the 'streets'. I'm sure this is the case to an extent in the locker room. He isn't in your face nor should he have to be. You can argue his disingenuous nature but he is riding the wave of success. One of the most marketable on that team. Perhaps the success of the team is beginning to build the inevitable egos you see whenever success finds a team void of it. People begin to believe in themselves a little bit too much and it gets in the way of the hunger that got them to the pinnacle of their sport.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Steve Young is something special and everyone knows this. The best combo of passing/inteligence/running we've seen;
    fify

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    It's false to state that Wilson takes no responsibility for errant passes. I watch a large portion of post game, and practice interviews and he's always taking responsibility for his short comings. He also expresses his desire consistently to improve upon those shortcomings. He has consistently improved so that's not disingenuous. As far as race relations is concerned, if this report is true, it's more of a reflection of how each community should be represented. If the majority of the black community, or just a portion of the community represented in the Hawk locker room believes that the black community should represent a certain way even to the detriment to the overall community, then that's an ideology which is something they themselves should examine. And even though their perception is harming their own communities, let them be relegated to a small voice, and it should not be empowered within the Hawk community as it would only create divisiveness. Teams cannot function for longevity this way, they are doomed to break apart with this approach. If they think Wilson should subscribe to stereotypes, and perpetuate ridiculousness, then try to get cut and play for Jameis Winston when he turns pro. Stealing crab legs, having rape charges brought upon you, ting on hall of fame talent like Bo Jackson who tried to mentor you certainly isn't a perception any minority player in general should strive for.

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    We stealin' crab legs and murdering hookers out here...this real life cuz.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    We stealin' crab legs and murdering hookers out here...this real life cuz.
    Betta get in wurr you fit in sonnnnnn. Don't talk bout it, you betta be bout it. Crooked letta, E, A, T, T, L, E.

Post Count
    I've seen people deny this--but its true. You see the element of jealousy between the blacks who are fortunate to be educated and successful and those that hold on to the 'streets'. I'm sure this is the case to an extent in the locker room. He isn't in your face nor should he have to be. You can argue his disingenuous nature but he is riding the wave of success. One of the most marketable on that team. Perhaps the success of the team is beginning to build the inevitable egos you see whenever success finds a team void of it. People begin to believe in themselves a little bit too much and it gets in the way of the hunger that got them to the pinnacle of their sport.
    Ya - guys like Sherman are the biggest examples of this. Dude is all about me. He gets salty when other players get paid even though he was just paid. He constantly checks his stats and posts them on social media. He can't take any criticism at all and is so insecure and egotistical that it probably plays a huge part it the locker room being like it is. Me guys who get mad at anyone else who has success.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    bootleg

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Brady Quinn on Dan Patrick show: "now I know why I got cut. If Russell isn't black enough then I never stood a chance"

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    So they are disrupting a championship team's chemistry because the resident ghetto nigs think Wilson is too white?

spooks

My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Being black I sometimes see this in my hood, cuz. Gots to be real in the streets nawimean?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Educated whites can't stand white trash. That's why we spend so much time making fun of Oklahoma, Arkansas, deep east Texas, etc. It's gotta be a hundred times worse for educated blacks though. I can't even imagine what it's like having the majority of your race hate you and call you "not black enough" because you are actually smart.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    Roger Staubach is something special and everyone knows this. The best combo of passing/inteligence/running we've seen.
    FIFYAC

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    Educated whites can't stand white trash. That's why we spend so much time making fun of Oklahoma, Arkansas, deep east Texas, etc. It's gotta be a hundred times worse for educated blacks though. I can't even imagine what it's like having the majority of your race hate you and call you "not black enough" because you are actually smart.
    I have a feeling it's not the majority, but people are reluctant to challenge it. Harvin's a loud angry moron and shames other morons into agreeing with him.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I can see where a bunch of dumb/street thugs if not for football blacks wouldn't like an intelligent class act like Russell Wilson. I'm curious how they could actually communicate with him, with the obvious difference in smarts.

You can see....stupid...by just looking at Marshawn Lynchs face.

Post Count
    I believe it and the level of stupidity is astounding. These same black athletes who don't think Wilson is black enough would be best buddies with guys like Jason Williams (white chocolate) and Eminem because they act "black" for whiteboys.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady Quinn on Dan Patrick show: "now I know why I got cut. If Russell isn't black enough then I never stood a chance"

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    Post Count
    eh the real issue is the fact they know the guy is about to be paid 100 million dollars for the work that the majority of the team did winning the SB

My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I agree with Bandit, I don't think this is about Wilson's level of "Black", tbh..

It's mostly a money issue..can't really blame the other Seahawks for their resentment of Wilson, as he was mostly useless in the playoffs last year, yet has received the majority of the credit..

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Where did you get your college degree?

But other than that I agree. A dumbass like Harden that goes to scrip clubs to make it rain will have black players' respect but not a guy like Wilson. Thats some backwards ass . It's a culture that objectifies women and glorifies the fast lifestyle which I've never understood--it's a big reason why I could never get into rap much. You listen to almost any other genre and it's about love, you listen to rap and it's about hoes and money. There's plenty of honest, good-hearted blacks but until they make up the majority like this is going to keep happening. I would be ashamed of this if I was black tbh.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Degrees are only pieces of paper that get you ahead in the professional world. Anyone with critical thinking ability, the desire to learn and an internet connection can be an educated person.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    It's not really white trash that's the problem...it's the people that should be educated whites but choose to act like a ing wigger all the time because they'd rather be black than white, or they really like Lil Wayne so they identify with being black more in order to act like they have more cred when talking about rap. It's ironically hilarious because the rappers they idolize probably live more like white people than they do.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There are tons of black NFLers who if not football would have been your basic street punk/thug, Marshawn Lynch a perfect example, anyone ever been to Oakland after dark?

Wilson is educated, I'd bet he has read books something few blacks do, I can see him listening to classic soul and jazz as opposed to gangsta rap and all that silly that you will outgrow. While the other blacks wouldn't know Richard Wright, James Baldwin and Langston Hughes from Adam. So RW is going to come off as being above them which they aren't going to like.

Look at how cool/intelligent RW comes off when dealing with the media compared to guys like TO, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, etc etc etc. . look at Kaepernick, cat shows up at an interview with his hat all turned sideways, yep....DUH!

Compare a RW interview with this...

Last edited by Avante; 10-25-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Thread Information