My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Whilst previously I've overlooked the talk of an NFL team potentially relocating to England as being fantasy, it seems that it's more of a question of when rather than if.

As 'Muricans, how would y'all receive this? From my point of view I'd be pretty pissed if the Premier League decided to expand and create the Alabama Yankygunlovin'burgerkings (I made a funny) so I doubt you'd be in favour of the idea but...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...om%3Afoxsports

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I'm not on board with this.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Put them in the AFC and I'm fine with it

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It might work for a little while until the novelty wears off.

Americans grew up around football, what family didn't have somebody play the game at some level? Look at all those schools that play football, thousands of them. Football is on the news it's in the papers we all know about Vince Lombardi, The Galloping Ghost, the Steel Curtain, The Frig. What Brit knows about the old AFL?

Football is a part of our culture, it's just a TV show to the Brits. One they will find boring since nobody in their family ever played the game and they know next to nothing about anything.

Look at us here, we can talk "Cannonball" Butler, Junior Coffey, "Gizmo" Williams, or I can anyway, hahaha!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 10-22-2014 at 09:43 PM.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    I can see it now:

The Old England Brits vs. The New England Patriots on MNF.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    hate it. I would like to see player's opinions though.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    hate it. I would like to see player's opinions though.
    I think we'd see some not wanting to raise their kids in a foreign country. Some not so far away from home they can't just drop by on mom and dad. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a deal similiar to what we saw with Elway and Eli.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i just don't see how its practical. the travel will be abysmal and that england based team will have such a marked disadvantage with the amount of traveling they will do throughout the season. plus sucks for the teams that will have to go there at least once a year, either afc/nfc east

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i just don't see how its practical. the travel will be abysmal and that england based team will have such a marked disadvantage with the amount of traveling they will do throughout the season. plus sucks for the teams that will have to go there at least once a year, either afc/nfc east
    Imagine flying from London to Oakland then back to London then back to San Diego.

Right now teams get a bye after a London trip, what teams will have to wait to take their bye in weeks 13,14,15 and 16?

That's not going to work.

When it comes time to sign free agents how many will want to move their family to London?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    i'm against it. to me it's a jumping the shark or atlantic moment for the league. i realize businesses always want to expand, but at some point empires crumble from over inflation. vast majority of players are against it iirc. teams like the Niners, Seadderall, Chargers and Raiders will have a long ass flight, not to mention all the traveling the London team will do. I imagine the drunk brits rioting (per par) will get old as well. It's best to just have a game or two in England every season, that's it.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I'm gonna miss the Bucs.....

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

NFL wants a team in London so they can start televising football at 9 AM on Sundays and run all day.

An easier way to do this without having a joke team in London would be to simply have a game in London every week between 2 different teams. That way they could schedule around it accordingly(no Thursday night quick turnarounds, etc) and not have the one team from London be ed with all the travel.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    That graphic though...someone failed basic Geography...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gay as . They gonna have to change the name to the IFL if it happens

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Won't happen, the NFL is just establishing the new city they'll use to shake down taxpayers for new stadiums once LA finally gets a team.

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Gay as . They gonna have to change the name to the IFL if it happens
    Well Basketball is still the NBA even though there is a team in Canada.

hope and change
    Post Count
    I don't see how anyone loses if the Jags move to London, although they would definitely have to swap Jags/Miami division. travel a complete non issue IMO.

NFL should try to get 10 home games for the London team too. maybe move the conference championship games to neutral site, cities that give up home game to London get to host one.

Thread Information