Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rofl like Pop will ever trust a rookie in the playoffs. He'll ride a vet over a rookie until the bitter end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under this scenario, I honestly think there's a high probability Marco will get traded close to the deadline to probably an Eastern Conference 3rd-8th seed for a 1st.
    The key words here are "under this scenario." Yes, indeed, if all those variables come into play, Bellinelli could indeed get traded at the deadline. But it's not going to happen for the following reasons:

1. Anderson will not supplant Bellinelli in the rotation. There is simply no way Pop would play an unproven rookie over a reliable veteran and 3-pt shooting champion. That would probably make the Spurs a worse basketball team as well.
    2. And if he were to be supplanted by Anderson, then there would be absolutely no way a team would give up a first round pick to acquire him, unless they also get attractive assets in return (i.e. rights to Davis Bertans).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt if Belinelli gets traded, even if KA continues to improve. Marco's a great "regular season minutes" eater at his position and a known floor spacer (3-point shooting champ). I actually think he has a chance to improve in his second year in the Spurs "system".

As far as Anderson getting some meaningful minutes as a rookie, with his high BBIQ, versatility and unique skillset, it's possible he can get 10-15 mpg, especially with Mills out. I'm still not sold on Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See Avery Johnson and Richard Jefferson, Pop has no problem making room for promising rookies...

Beli was close to the worst player in that preseason too so really he made the decision even easier for the FO... He was also a negative impact player all of last season, imo it's a no brainer really, only irrational stuff can prevent him from being "jeffersoned"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to trade him if he plays well enough. Manu might be gone next season
    Terrible take tbh, Beli is a negative impact player, he shouldn't replace Manu in any scenario, KA is the one who's gonna repace Manu anyway and he will need a wing who can defend next to him, not a revolving door like Beli...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear some of you really underestimate his value to the team. I wouldn't want him on any other team than ours.
    He has no value to this team. His defense is among the worst in the league and his offense isn't consistent or reliable enough to get him minutes over more deserving players like Anderson. Even at 2.7 million, he's vastly overpaid. The only useful thing he does is get Ginobili rest in the regular season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt if Belinelli gets traded, even if KA continues to improve. Marco's a great "regular season minutes" eater at his position and a known floor spacer (3-point shooting champ). I actually think he has a chance to improve in his second year in the Spurs "system".

As far as Anderson getting some meaningful minutes as a rookie, with his high BBIQ, versatility and unique skillset, it's possible he can get 10-15 mpg, especially with Mills out. I'm still not sold on Joseph.
    ^ the truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he sucks so badly, how is he going to land us a 1st round pick?

Suddenly, he's a premium player only if he plays for another team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SpursTalk logic, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that he needs to be traded or put in a suit, anything else is hurting the Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of this scenario depends on how Anderson's 3-point shooting is in NBA regular season games. If he can't shoot at least 35% from 3, then I think his chances of getting significant minutes in this Spurs system are slim. However, if he continues his great 3-point shooting, can defend at least as well as Belinelli, and adds a little more passing skill to the rotation, I don't think it's too far fetched to have him getting significant minutes at backup wing.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's too valuable in regular season racking up W situations.

Keep him.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible take tbh, Beli is a negative impact player, he shouldn't replace Manu in any scenario, KA is the one who's gonna repace Manu anyway and he will need a wing who can defend next to him, not a revolving door like Beli...
    I usually try to look at it from the team's point of view. Given theat they are much more successful than you at basketball, I'm going to stick with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has no value to this team. His defense is among the worst in the league and his offense isn't consistent or reliable enough to get him minutes over more deserving players like Anderson. Even at 2.7 million, he's vastly overpaid. The only useful thing he does is get Ginobili rest in the regular season.
    ok bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya'll postin' in a troll thread and what not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look forward to bumping this thread in January when he's carrying a lot of the offensive load off the bench and eating up minutes to keep Ginobili healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's really amazing how many people can't comprehend. The whole scenario is based at the trade deadline ( not now, not early in the season, not mid season, but towards the end of the season). And this whole scenario is based on the variables : A) Anderson exceeds expectations and earns minutes by the trade deadline. B) If Manu and Green are healthy. All hypotheticals.

Never did I say Belinelli sucks. Never did I say this trade should happen right now.

Also, to answer many people's takes on the value of a 1st round pick. Just because a player in a trade doesn't net a 1st round pick doesn't mean the player wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick in terms of value. Some of you are totally unaware on what assets are exactly given up in trades.

For example, in the trade for Arron Afflalo that objective pointed out, the Magic received valuable cap space in the trade w/ Afflalo for Evan Fournier and the 2nd round pick (salary dump/cap room being the asset the Magic received). This trade helped them allocate the cap space for a bigger necessity (a stretch 4 in Frye)-- since Afflalo was somewhat expendable because of how high they are Oladipo at the SG position (on rookie contract). It also created flexibility for summer of 15'-- which helped sign Vucevic to an extension and it will also help their desire to sign Tobias Harris to an extension ( a player they are high on going forward at the SF position). In today's NBA with the tax threshold in place, cap space is far more valuable than a 1st round pick as long the 1st round pick doesn't have a high probability to being a top 3 pick for that season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look forward to bumping this thread in January when he's carrying a lot of the offensive load off the bench and eating up minutes to keep Ginobili healthy.
    I look forward to the day when people can actually comprehend effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never did I say Belinelli sucks. Never did I say this trade should happen right now.
    Wasn't necessarily directed at you. As you say, you didn't say he sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it either. I don't think it sends a good message to trade a guy who took less money to play here in favor of a rookie, even though I dislike Belinelli.

It's funny how defensive people get on here about Belinelli. . He was absolutely awful in the playoffs outside of his big shot in Game 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it either. I don't think it sends a good message to trade a guy who took less money to play here in favor of a rookie, even though I dislike Belinelli.

It's funny how defensive people get on here about Belinelli. . He was absolutely awful in the playoffs outside of his big shot in Game 3.
    That's pretty much what they did with RJeff tho and he was much better than Beli tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty much what they did with RJeff tho and he was much better than Beli tbh.
    Richard Jefferson was traded with an albatross contract... he never took less money. His extension was also highway robbery, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richard Jefferson was traded with an albatross contract... he never took less money. His extension was also highway robbery, IMO.
    Well he did that's why he got that extension.

Anyway there's two paths for Beli : either he becomes the Bonner of the guards who doesn't mind being in a suit or he gets jefferson'd...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they trade Beli regardless of how well Kyle plays.

This being his second season as well as a contract year I expect him to be better.

I fully expect to see the Spurs use both players in the best way to maximize their abilities.

This is what the Spurs do, and with Mills out for a while this is a great opportunity to do so.

Thread Information