Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kyle Anderson continues to produce and progress throughout the season with the minutes he's given, Pop has to find him minutes at the expense of Belinelli whenever Spurs are healthy and whole.

If this scenario plays out and if Manu and Danny stay healthy, Belinelli and his role will become expendable. Especially considering its highly unlikely Spurs re-sign Belinelli next summer because re-signing Green will be the priority, and also considering the emergence of Anderson (hypothetical: under the scenario where he earns a spot this year). Therefore, it might be wise to trade him and get something back in return (1st rnd pick) before Spurs would let him walk via FA.

Under this scenario, I honestly think there's a high probability Marco will get traded close to the deadline to probably an Eastern Conference 3rd-8th seed for a 1st.

Again this is no hate on Marco, I think he will have a good season considering its his contract year-- it may be his last chance for 4-5 mil per next summer. I just think given the cir stances and with the way the roster is constructed, this scenario could realistically arise, he could be the odd man out of the rotation-- becoming expendable.

Not saying this will happen, a lot of variables have to align for this to play out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh. Another iteration of "I think this guy is trash, but some team will give us a first rounder for him, 4 months before free agency when they can have him for free."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it. With Patty gone most of the season and Manu another year older they need the shooting/ball handling on the second unit. Anderson will get better as the year goes on, but I think it will be next year before he's good enough of a rotation player to supplant any of the current players at the wing IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh. Another iteration of "I think this guy is trash, but some team will give us a first rounder for him, 4 months before free agency when they can have him for free."
    Honestly think Belinelli has more value than the "trash" description that you're implying. There's a lot of playoff teams out East that could use and value a scorer off the bench from the perimeter. Especially one that can play in PnR and shoot 40% from three. imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it. With Patty gone most of the season and Manu another year older they need the shooting/ball handling on the second unit. Anderson will get better as the year goes on, but I think it will be next year before he's good enough of a rotation player to supplant any of the current players at the wing IMO.
    I don't see it anytime soon either. If it happens, many things have to play out like I described. And if those variables all align it would be at the deadline, once Patty returns or close to when Patty returns.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli suxs but we wont trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli is going to tear it up this year and then give us a little hometown discount next year to stay with us. The dude broke down and cried after winning a le with us, you don't just forget like that and go to another team for a little more money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli is an inconsistent shooter, has zero athleticism, and is a defensive liability. No way Pop trades him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli is going to tear it up this year and then give us a little hometown discount next year to stay with us. The dude broke down and cried after winning a le with us, you don't just forget like that and go to another team for a little more money.
    Dude had the trophy tattooed to his arm... the guy wants to be here for life!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear some of you really underestimate his value to the team. I wouldn't want him on any other team than ours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could fly, would you like to see me try?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Anderson will get the minutes over Beli to do that, no matter how well he plays. There's a progression to the Spurs system, and the Spurs will be glad to get whatever they can get from Kyle, especially if Kawhi is to miss or rest some games, but the general idea is that the Spurs will ease-in Anderson into the System, like they always do, especially with rookies. I like the kid, and I think next season we'll have a better idea of the kind of player he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. No chance anyone gives up a first round pick for Belinelli when the Magic couldn't even get one for Afflalo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. No chance anyone gives up a first round pick for Belinelli when the Magic couldn't even get one for Afflalo.
    Magic couldn't get one for Afflalo because of his expensive/inconvenient contract. Teams wanted the Magic to give up a 1st(s) in order for them to take on his contract.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 10-23-2014 at 09:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic couldn't get one for Afflalo because of his massive contract. Teams wanted the Magic to give up a 1st(s) in order for them to take on his contract.
    2 yrs total of $15M is pretty much peanuts in today's NBA economy. Try again.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to trade him if he plays well enough. Manu might be gone next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we package Blair, Bonner, Neal for a really good player?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 yrs total of $15M is pretty much peanuts in today's NBA economy. Try again.
    Massive contract wasn't the right word. Expensive is better. And no that isn't peanuts in today's NBA. Peanuts is more like 750k to 2 million.

Anyway, Magic's sole purpose for getting rid of Afflalo was to get rid of the salary, since they have Oladipo at the 2 for a cheaper price needing as much minutes as possible to continue growing into the player they think he can be. Also because they had to free up money for Vucevic and a potential Tobias Harris extension because they love him at the SF position going forward.

Teams knew the Magic's motive and use that motive against them by not giving into giving them both cap space (a valuable asset; more so than a 1st round pick) and a 1st. Magic refused to add salary onto their payroll and simply wanted a dump and a 1st at most ( being greedy and rightfully starting negotiations at the highest bar possible). Teams saw through this and weren't going to give them both assets, which is smart. So yes his expensive contract was the reason why Magic couldn't get a first-- teams refused to give them cap space ( Magic's priority) with a first.

Cute try though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear you nignogs are not satisfied with the Spurs winning the championship this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco isn't going to turn into Roger Mason Jr. Honestly am not worried about the guy's shot, I just hope his defense can at least be marginally better than last year. It's not that he doesn't try or is lazy, he just is slow to react. I don't think he is expendable at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we package Blair, Bonner, Neal for a really good player?
    Ayers, Bonner, Baynes, and Daye for Al Jefferson anyone?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they move Messina's guy. Don't see them moving Ayres for the same reason.

Who in the east would want to give up anything good to get Marco? First round picks don't get moved for players nearly as often as they use to. I think Gortat and Deng were the only one moved during the season, and they were legit starters/all star candidates. Evan Turner: second rounders. Spencer Hawes: second rounders. Aflallo: second rounders.

And who. can even trade? Brooklyn and Miami already can't trade their 2015 picks. Why would a mediocre East playoff team move a 15-19 pick for Marco? And that leaves Cleveland and Chicago. Cleveland doesn't need him. And Chicago had him, and were so happy with him that they dropped him as fast as they could to pay dunleavy more than Marco and were thrilled to do so. MDJ would be so much better than Marco here.

If the spurs move Marco somehow, I'd guess it would be the spurs giving up the first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic couldn't get one for Afflalo because of his expensive/inconvenient contract. Teams wanted the Magic to give up a 1st(s) in order for them to take on his contract.
    Nonsense, Afflalo is on a great contract at only $7.5m per yr and averaged over 18 points last year shooting 42% from 3.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive contract wasn't the right word. Expensive is better. And no that isn't peanuts in today's NBA. Peanuts is more like 750k to 2 million.

Anyway, Magic's sole purpose for getting rid of Afflalo was to get rid of the salary, since they have Oladipo at the 2 for a cheaper price needing as much minutes as possible to continue growing into the player they think he can be. Also because they had to free up money for Vucevic and a potential Tobias Harris extension because they love him at the SF position going forward.

Teams knew the Magic's motive and use that motive against them by not giving into giving them both cap space (a valuable asset; more so than a 1st round pick) and a 1st. Magic refused to add salary onto their payroll and simply wanted a dump and a 1st at most ( being greedy and rightfully starting negotiations at the highest bar possible). Teams saw through this and weren't going to give them both assets, which is smart. So yes his expensive contract was the reason why Magic couldn't get a first-- teams refused to give them cap space ( Magic's priority) with a first.

Cute try though.
    The Magic wanted to dump salary, but then signed Ben Gordons corpse to a $4.5m contract? You're ridiculous. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Manu and Danny stay healthy

You have a better chance of looking out your window right now and seeing a Bigfoot run across your front yard while being chased by a chupacabra riding a unicorn.

Thread Information