My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its natural that the players wont have same motivation this season, but are we fans also a bit unmotivated? I expected much more critical threads with this horrid pre season form.. I think we need to start the season guns blazing so we can have home court advantage to win it all again.. team won't have enough fire to win on the road this season I think

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most fans haven't watched the preseason games. We'll be in midseason ing form by midseason at the latest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trolls just trollin' like trolls do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preseason doesn't get me buzzed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fine Swiss folks in Geneva allowed me to borrow their Large Hadron Collider. I crunched the numbers and found that "preseason critical threads" on a fan message board have a direct correlation on the enjoyment the OP takes smearing his own under his eyes and screaming "WOLVERINE"!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fine Swiss folks in Geneva allowed me to borrow their Large Hadron Collider. I crunched the numbers and found that "preseason critical threads" on a fan message board have a direct correlation on the enjoyment the OP takes smearing his own under his eyes and screaming "WOLVERINE"!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the problem is none of these pre-season games are really on TV. The first two were vs Alba Berlin and Fenerbahce, but those games took place at awkward times on Saturday and mid-day on a Tuesday. The rest were not televised locally and had to be watched on grainy feeds online.

And then there's Spurs fan shrug of "Oh well, were not trying, it's pre-season and all that matters is that were healthy for the playoffs." But if you're really paying attention to these games, you'd see how much the Spurs have truly struggled on D and just how much were going to miss Patty Mills popping 3's and not turning the ball over. Joseph is a turnover machine, and the Spurs have averaged a ridiculous 23 turnovers per game in the pre-season. And without Splitter the Spurs can't stop anyone inside, and everyone is scoring at will on us.

Frankly, watching these games, it's just embarrassing. Pop is incensed too. Out effort and intensity is not anywhere close to where it should be right now. At this point, you might wanna go ahead and take Dallas +3 on opening night, because right now, it's a virtual lock that they'll cover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point op, i hear a lot of fans relaxing and saying they are setisfy after 5, it's not a good mindset to present to the team, at this situation of after a le and with the team seams right now lacking some hunger and intensity and maybe a little lackadaisical, fans should be right now and all season long with extra motivation supporting and doing work to bring and keep the team at the right track for an important back to back...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the problem is none of these pre-season games are really on TV. The first two were vs Alba Berlin and Fenerbahce, but those games took place at awkward times on Saturday and mid-day on a Tuesday. The rest were not televised locally and had to be watched on grainy feeds online.

And then there's Spurs fan shrug of "Oh well, were not trying, it's pre-season and all that matters is that were healthy for the playoffs." But if you're really paying attention to these games, you'd see how much the Spurs have truly struggled on D and just how much were going to miss Patty Mills popping 3's and not turning the ball over. Joseph is a turnover machine, and the Spurs have averaged a ridiculous 23 turnovers per game in the pre-season. And without Splitter the Spurs can't stop anyone inside, and everyone is scoring at will on us.

Frankly, watching these games, it's just embarrassing. Pop is incensed too. Out effort and intensity is not anywhere close to where it should be right now. At this point, you might wanna go ahead and take Dallas +3 on opening night, because right now, it's a virtual lock that they'll cover.
    Missing our second best player will do that. Kawhi is the best perimeter defender in the game. Patty won't make much of a difference in these games.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Pop saw lack of motivation as a potential problem. I think he said, to quote, "They are humans. They are going to be satisfied". I'm a wee bit scared a paid Diaw will regress (and he probably will) but I figured we have guys on the last years of their deals looking to prove something (Joseph, Green, Belinelli, Dayres, Baynes). Probably TD's and Manu's swan song too so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were 3-4 last preseason. The Pelicans were 7-1. Preseason success or non-success doesn't correlate with regular season success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh
    Regular season

Coasting

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that fan feelings have much of an impact on this team. At all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a fan, yes. Tbh I haven't watched one minute of preseason and i dont plan too. Wake me when april rolls around.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BC it still hurts ing:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can go 72-10, go undefeated in the playoffs, and top it off by winning their sixth le, and people here would STILL want Pop fired, about Tony/Manu, or demand they trade some end of bench players that barely get playoff minutes (despite the fact they allow the older players to get much needed rest during the long regular season). Gotta love Spurs talk!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not the game you paid your hard-earned money to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care. 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can go 72-10, go undefeated in the playoffs, and top it off by winning their sixth le, and people here would STILL want Pop fired, about Tony/Manu, or demand they trade some end of bench players that barely get playoff minutes (despite the fact they allow the older players to get much needed rest during the long regular season). Gotta love Spurs talk!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^^
    BC it still hurts ing:
    5 took away most of that hurt TBH.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its natural that the players wont have same motivation this season, but are we fans also a bit unmotivated? I expected much more critical threads with this horrid pre season form.. I think we need to start the season guns blazing so we can have home court advantage to win it all again.. team won't have enough fire to win on the road this season I think
    Another burning bag of that testies leaves on the front porch after ringing the door bell.............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about practice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pre season is just exhibition, nobody gives a , win or lose

Thread Information