My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the "wonderful" opportunity to listen to 71 ESPN LA earlier this week when I was in California on vacation.

This is supposed to be a major market radio station, but some of the local programming is just awful.

If someone says ANYTHING negative about Bean Bryant, you would have thought a felony was committed. Mychal Thompson and the other spare he sits with talk the same El Segundo company line that any player that would prefer to go to another city because of the Bean is crazy and a loser.

Blind and stupid is what you get on that station for the most part. Bean has been a grade A *rick is entire adult life and now that he is near the end of his playing career, the chickens are coming home to roost. The ESPN LA guys talk about Kobe being soooooo compe ive, but when you are an A-Hole to just about everyone you come in contact with 24/7, you don't deserve the free pass.

Pound sand Bean, Pound sand Jimbo Buss, Pound sand Laker "Fans".

BTW, I sure did see a lot of 5'5", 280 pound illegal aliens waddling around, wearing head to toe tats #24 Laker gear out there. It was both funny and pathetic. I know SA has its share of that too, but it seems worse out there.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Protip: don't listen to ESPN LA radio. There's a new non- got alternative:

http://kfwbam.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most local radio/tv programming is going to be terrible and cater to its home base.

The only person that likes John Ireland is spurraider IIRC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, I was in LA last week on business and was listening to these hacks talk for 2 hours about Kobe being ranked 40. Literally 2 hours of them pissing and moaning, not taking any calls, nothing but "Kobe is disrespected" for 2 straight hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean 710 ESPN LA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1. Local sportstalk is trash. I lived in Sa that hack Mike Taylor(?) was even more ty as any of the other local yokels I have heard and then you have Sean ****** sucking balls on TV. That being said I have lived in NYC, Rochester, L.A., SA and Dallas. have been on biz trips vacation to PHX, HOU, MEM, CHI, SEA most suck.

2. Do we we really need another Kobe thread? For a 40th ranked TOSB, he sure gets a lot of attention on here. I cant wait for Amb's pithy reply here or CN's emoticon troll job.

3. Yes, we have lot's of Kobe stans and bandwaggoners. It happens when you win. spurs are starting to have some of the same type of fans. We will see when Pop/duncan leaves who the real fans are ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Im on lunch break now. John Ireland is trying to tell Laker fans the Nash trade was 'worth it' in the long run as a philosophy for taking risks and it was a Dr. Buss decision NOT Jim Buss.

That is complete ing bull ! Nash and D'antoni were NOT a Dr. Buss decision. People r full of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Sorry I forgot the 710 AM

2) Mike Taylor is a Dallas/Randy Galloway reject that I simply cannot respect. I'm sorry SA has to put up with that guy.

3) I travel a lot too and NY talk radio is less afraid to offend the locals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, I was in LA last week on business and was listening to these hacks talk for 2 hours about Kobe being ranked 40. Literally 2 hours of them pissing and moaning, not taking any calls, nothing but "Kobe is disrespected" for 2 straight hours.
    I heard the same thing. It was just bad radio. LA should be better than that given it's size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Local sportstalk is trash. I lived in Sa that hack Mike Taylor(?) was even more ty as any of the other local yokels I have heard and then you have Sean ****** sucking balls on TV. That being said I have lived in NYC, Rochester, L.A., SA and Dallas. have been on biz trips vacation to PHX, HOU, MEM, CHI, SEA most suck.

2. Do we we really need another Kobe thread? For a 40th ranked TOSB, he sure gets a lot of attention on here. I cant wait for Amb's pithy reply here or CN's emoticon troll job.

3. Yes, we have lot's of Kobe stans and bandwaggoners. It happens when you win. spurs are starting to have some of the same type of fans. We will see when Pop/duncan leaves who the real fans are ...
    My comment really has more to do with the quality of talk radio on ESPN LA. I agree that Kobe is not worth all the hot air generated on the LA ESPN station. On the other hand, they are the home of the Lakers. The producers are probably driving the Lakers-centric coverage. That LAL team would have to over achieve dramatically to make the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Im on lunch break now. John Ireland is trying to tell Laker fans the Nash trade was 'worth it' in the long run as a philosophy for taking risks and it was a Dr. Buss decision NOT Jim Buss.

That is complete ing bull ! Nash and D'antoni were NOT a Dr. Buss decision. People r full of it
    You and Ireland are BOTH correct, but he is more so.
    1. Buss health was failing ...
    2. Dr. Buss never truly enjoyed triangle ball just the winning it brought. He liked uptempo showtime style ball. suns with Nash was closest to that.
    3. Mike D and Nash was a last chance to get a le before he died but if not, a team that at least he could enjoy. Hence the "fun" SI story.
    4. Ultimately it was a Jimbo/Mitch decision but it was to satiate Dr. Buss and buss did sign off on those moves. But since Buss was no longer running the team the blame should fall on Mitch/Jumbo ... but Ireland is a Lakers insider and he is correct.

I like the fact you are willing to call the Lakers to task. But your vitriol is bit misguided here, and one senses a need to suck up to the masses here at times. We both support the Lakers and are both unhappy with the current direction INCLUDING the contract. but there is no reason to dispute Ireland here, he is telling the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most local radio/tv programming is going to be terrible and cater to its home base.

The only person that likes John Ireland is spurraider IIRC
    i never said he brings good sports takes, in fact i said the opposite when this all started

Ireland is awful as a basketball mind, but he's a solid announcer and he's pretty funny on Mason/Ireland tbh. The worst presences imo are Willard, Thompson, and Kellerman
    You're dead to me, scro.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My comment really has more to do with the quality of talk radio on ESPN LA. I agree that Kobe is not worth all the hot air generated on the LA ESPN station. On the other hand, they are the home of the Lakers. The producers are probably driving the Lakers-centric coverage. That LAL team would have to over achieve dramatically to make the playoffs.
    I hear ya ... just saying local sports talk is rife with homers with team colored glasses. I dont mind the fans but you would hope the announcers could try and bring some objectivity even if they openly support the home-team. But some fans like that crap. Sean Elliott is beloved in San Antonio. Same with Heinson in Boston. I was rasied on Chick who had an awesome post-game radio show where he would "check" blind homers constantly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1) Sorry I forgot the 710 AM

2) Mike Taylor is a Dallas/Randy Galloway reject that I simply cannot respect. I'm sorry SA has to put up with that guy.

3) I travel a lot too and NY talk radio is less afraid to offend the locals.
    This I agree with.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You and Ireland are BOTH correct, but he is more so.
    1. Buss health was failing ...
    2. Dr. Buss never truly enjoyed triangle ball just the winning it brought. He liked uptempo showtime style ball. suns with Nash was closest to that.
    3. Mike D and Nash was a last chance to get a le before he died but if not, a team that at least he could enjoy. Hence the "fun" SI story.
    4. Ultimately it was a Jimbo/Mitch decision but it was to satiate Dr. Buss and buss did sign off on those moves. But since Buss was no longer running the team the blame should fall on Mitch/Jumbo ... but Ireland is a Lakers insider and he is correct.

I like the fact you are willing to call the Lakers to task. But your vitriol is bit misguided here, and one senses a need to suck up to the masses here at times. We both support the Lakers and are both unhappy with the current direction INCLUDING the contract. but there is no reason to dispute Ireland here, he is telling the truth.
    Yeah I'm sucking up to the masses here because I have so many Spurfans that are friends, right? In fact, I would have way more forum friends if I acted like a typical got Kobe sucker like most of you.

I love the Lakers, you love Kirby. You only reiterated my point btw, you said it was Jim and Mitch's decision but it was a satiate to Dr. Buss and his love for up tempo basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean 710 ESPN LA.
    That was hardly the worst typo in the thread le.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm sucking up to the masses here because I have so many Spurfans that are friends, right? In fact, I would have way more forum friends if I acted like a typical got Kobe sucker like most of you.

I love the Lakers, you love Kirby. You only reiterated my point btw, you said it was Jim and Mitch's decision but it was a satiate to Dr. Buss and his love for up tempo basketball.
    Sure, you love the Lakers more than me ...I only have been watching faithfully for over 30 plus years. I love the Lakers but don't act like a petulant scorch the earth child because we are hitting a ty stretch I have seen a good part of 10 les. Been a fan before Kobe and Will stay long after. But I only blame Kobe for ty shot selection not the inep ude of our recent front office moves, including the contract. Nash and Kobe did what anyone would do ...keep cashing dem checks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure, you love the Lakers more than me ...I only have been watching faithfully for over 30 plus years. I love the Lakers but don't act like a petulant scorch the earth child because we are hitting a ty stretch I have seen a good part of 10 les. Been a fan before Kobe and Will stay long after. But I only blame Kobe for ty shot selection not the inep ude of our recent front office moves, including the contract. Nash and Kobe did what anyone would do ...keep cashing dem checks.

Uve been watching the Lakers for 30 years? U must at least be a 35-40 year old dude. WTF r u posting here for u vanilla face

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Radio 1310am/96.7fm The Ticket in Dallas FTW. Best sports talk radio in the country and it's not even close. Glad we have 'em here in DFW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you guys have never heard of Vic The Brick Jacobs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sports Radio 1310am/96.7fm The Ticket in Dallas FTW. Best sports talk radio in the country and it's not even close. Glad we have 'em here in DFW.
    They are funny not sure they are the best.

Thread Information