Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't expect developers to suddenly kill billion dollar cash cows to invest in new IP's but c'mon, i've never heard this much talk of remastered games before, especially last gen games and games that haven't been on the market for that long.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new, 'remastered' Pacman looks great in my new 8K display tho...
    Your ty console can't do 8xMSAA on it though like my 780Ti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect developers to suddenly kill billion dollar cash cows to invest in new IP's but c'mon, i've never heard this much talk of remastered games before, especially last gen games and games that haven't been on the market for that long.
    What does it cost Rockstar? They take the XBox code and install the PC textures and there's your X360 remake.

Banned
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    damn bruh, thought this was an hd remake or some , only gta I beat tbqh.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my opinion this generation of consoles has been underwhelming so far. Everyone is so worried about stuff like resolution, frames per second, polygons etc. that true gameplay innovation and original ideas, stuff that actually makes games fun and worth playing, are almost becoming secondary.

That's why this generation of consoles has yet to produce a triple A generation defining game like a GTA 3, Halo Combat Evolved etc. Now it's all about the sequels, remastered re-releases and rehashing old concepts with the new pretty and shiny graphics.
    There's a ton of innovation on PC right now. Lots of room for growth with Steam's greenlight service. A metric ton of indie les have flooded the market. Many of them aren't that great, but there are a lot of gems to be found.

Physical media is dead. It just costs too much to produce/market. Consoles will stay around but the physical side is going to go the way of the dinosaur pretty quickly. As of now it's spinning on inertia, hence the reason you see so many remakes.

Thread Information