Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Steven Jackson? Lol

and the niners weren't the first team to take a RB in the draft for no reason

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Steven Jackson? Lol

and the niners weren't the first team to take a RB in the draft for no reason
    It's real obvious all football players aren't the same after 30, this isn't news. But to try and..."they all hit the wall at the same time"...simply isn't acccurate because they don't.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It's real obvious all football players aren't the same after 30, this isn't news. But to try and..."they all hit the wall at the same time"...simply isn't acccurate because they don't.
    It's not an exact "deadline" but 30 is usually a time where a decline is visible. You never see running backs decline and 24, 25, 26 unless they had injuries. But between 30-31 is when Father Time usually shows face

Lynch is still great but you don't want to lock yourself into his age 30 and beyond seasons

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Want a long list of running backs who did decline at 25-28? Who had good seasons early onthen after 4-5 seasons did start declining without injuries playing a part (other than the normal wear)?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    We've already been through this with Shaun Alexander. Guy puts up sick numbers at age 28, 27 TDs and 1880 ish yards and proceeds to fall off a cliff. It's not a stretch to say most RBs start to tail off the older they get, especially in the late, late 20's, early age 30s range. Granted Alexander had 3 strait seasons of well over 300 carries per year, but Lynch has 2 strait of 300 carries and a 285 carry season prior to that. So it's likely this isn't going to get better, but only decline with a significant workload. I think that's why they're trying to limit his touches early on that way he can be as fresh as possible for a late season push, in addition to trying to get real reps for the younger backs going forward.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Walter Payton did what from 30-34?

Marcus Allen from 30-37?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    What part of "Most", the "Majority", "More often than not", do you not understand?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What part of "Most", the "Majority", "More often than not", do you not understand?
    For every Shawn Alexander there is a Walter Payton, you do know this, right?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    For every Shawn Alexander there is a Walter Payton, you do know this, right?
    OK

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    I like how he mentions Walter Payton and Marcus Allen as if its comparable...Love what Marshawn has done for us. But at 6 million a year? We need more than his services. The DL has to be address. Bobby Wagner has to be re-signed and the OL as well. I don't think he's willing to take a pay cut so it'll probably his last go for the Seahawks.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's not an exact "deadline" but 30 is usually a time where a decline is visible. You never see running backs decline and 24, 25, 26 unless they had injuries. But between 30-31 is when Father Time usually shows face

Lynch is still great but you don't want to lock yourself into his age 30 and beyond seasons
    ahmad bradshaw

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    what about him? he's still has productive as ever

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The bottom line is there is no real system to this other than no kids 21-ish and younger or old folks (football old) over 35ish Between 21ish-35ish we see all sorts of individual whatevers. Some are done by 26, some last until early 30's. Yep, totally prepared to give a lot of examples of all that.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what about him? he's still has productive as ever
    went into decline long ago. Told he's done for years, and now he's back as good as ever..

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    went into decline long ago. Told he's done for years, and now he's back as good as ever..
    his productivity has never really waned, he just had injury issues last couple of years

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Mike Thomas starred at UNLV, his rookie season with the Redskins, he had over 900 yards rushing, then over a 1000, then over 800, then it was over 500, then over 300, by 28 he was out of football. Tons of similiar backs in that situation.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-27-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Thread Information