Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    OOC schedule

FSU: Oklahoma St, Notre Dame & Florida
    What about that conference schedule though? You know....the majority of FSU's games.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    What about that conference schedule though? You know....the majority of FSU's games.
    YEAH!

Like only 1 win over a ranked team + OOC games against Southern Miss, South Alabama, UAB, and UT Martin! Plus suffocating conference games like Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Arkansas, and #SunBeltReady Argy!!!111

Post Count
    OOC schedule

FSU: Oklahoma St, Notre Dame & Florida
    Two of those teams are mediocre and Notre Dame is proven to be overrated. Take in account the margin of victory, FSU has done nothing to impress so far. Winning close games against at-best solid teams is not championship worthy. I'm not convinced FSU is truly a top 10 team on a neutral field.

Post Count
    If they ever go to 8 teams, the top 4 seeds should have home field in the quarterfinals.

My Team
    Post Count
    YEAH!

Like only 1 win over a ranked team + OOC games against Southern Miss, South Alabama, UAB, and UT Martin! Plus suffocating conference games like Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Arkansas, and #SunBeltReady Argy!!!111

BTW...I thought we were going to pick this up again next Tuesday. You're like 4 days early tbh....

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Go your mother some more

My Team
    Post Count
    Go your mother some more
    Your saltiness is showing......

Remember Splitty....it's not me. It's Condoleezza Rice's fault.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    It's as if the selection committee's 12 members are waging war on logic. Strength of schedule is important, only when it's not. Head-to-head matters, except when it doesn't.

And if you're not a member of the Power Five conferences, you should just tune in on Dec. 7 when the committee reveals who will get that guaranteed slot in a New Year's Six bowl. Your resume and body of work clearly do not measure up to the big boys, no matter what you do.

So what can we take away from this week's rankings? You mean other than that the committee should be immediately disbanded in favor of an improved BCS formula?

OK, let's try these five:

1. The eyeball test trumps all
    Alabama is ranked No. 1 because it apparently looks better "on offense, defense and special teams" than everyone else, according to chairman Jeff Long, who spoke on ESPN's broadcast. The committee is untroubled that Alabama has beaten just one of its own Top 25 teams (Mississippi State) while No. 2 Oregon has beaten three (UCLA, Michigan State and Utah) and No. 3 Florida State two (Clemson and Louisville) while staying undefeated.

2. Maybe the problem is those lying eyes
    Former No. 1 Mississippi State only dropped to No. 4 after losing to Alabama because Long said the Bulldogs lost by only five to the Tide and were never out of the game. Maybe that's the biggest problem with item No. 1—the committee members need to have their eyes examined.

The Bulldogs were never in that game, all the way to the concession TD that made the final score of 25-20 deceptively close. This "good loss," however, was enough to keep MSU in the playoff field despite the fact that, like the Tide, it's beaten just one currently ranked team (Auburn).

3. Strength of schedule for me, not for thee
    And whereas Baylor is ostensibly still punished for its terriblenonconference schedule, the same does not apply to Mississippi State, which actually played four non-Power Five opponents as compared to Baylor's three.

The Bulldogs beat Southern Miss (3-8), UAB (5-5), South Alabama (6-4) and Tennessee-Martin (FCS, 5-6) and that's good enough to trump TCU, which actually beat three currently ranked teams and played two more Power Five opponents than MSU did.

4. Ohio State looks to be DOA
    The Buckeyes are No. 6 and probably as good as dead when it comes to the playoff, unless they get some kind of divine intervention. There are not enough good opponents left on their schedule that will provide them with a significant lift to jump teams like Mississippi State and TCU.

And Baylor, one spot behind now, is poised to perhaps snatch the final playoff spot if it can defeat Kansas State on the final day of the regular season to claim the Big 12 le.

5. Group of Five? What Group of Five?
    For the third week in a row, no team outside of the Power Five conferences (and Notre Dame) was in the rankings. Of the 27 Power Five teams with three or fewer losses, only Duke and Iowa are not ranked.

The committee clearly takes strength of schedule seriously when it comes to Group of Five teams. It's still very much anybody's guess which team among Marshall, Colorado State and Boise State is considered the best in the (possibly faulty) eyes of the committee.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Two of those teams are mediocre and Notre Dame is proven to be overrated. Take in account the margin of victory, FSU has done nothing to impress so far. Winning close games against at-best solid teams is not championship worthy. I'm not convinced FSU is truly a top 10 team on a neutral field.
    Most of the teams in the Top 15 can beat each other. They've all lost games for a reason.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Most of the teams in the Top 15 can beat each other. They've all lost games for a reason.
    Alabama could easily have 3 losses.
    WVU moved the ball on them at will, yes a Big 12 mediocre team, yet they pass some eye test?
    We all know this year is a very tough call as of this time frame.

I read way too much about Alabama and their finishing tough games.
    Fl St. can beat anyone and have proven to be great finishers despite the fact that I personally despise Jimbo and his crab leg QB as well as their chaotic D.

So I approve the above.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is actually a very nice thread.
    Everyone getting their shots in making valid points, imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If they ever go to 8 teams, the top 4 seeds should have home field in the quarterfinals.
    The NCAA will distribute these games amongst the bowls since going to 8 is a huge money play. If I calculate correctly, going to 8 will give us 7 games to crown a champion. 7 games is really nice to distribute to the big bowl sites with big sponsors. The bidding for theses 7 sites would be drama in itself. Sugar, Orange, Rose, Fiesta all definites; cat fight for the last 3 I guess...

Its probably in the near future.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Going to be another controversial Tuesday.

FSU winning at home by a last second FG to a crap team
    OSU in a tight game through 3, then did what they're supposed to do against a crap team
    Ole Piss getting curbstomped by the conference doormat, exposing how overrated Bama is with only 1 top 25 win and their loss coming at the hands of a crap team
    Baylor putting the wood to a team that gave FSU a run to open the season
    TCU with a bye should be treated the same as Baylor with a bye last week.

At least Auburn was able to hold off Samford

1) FSU
    2) Oregon
    3) Bama
    4) Baylor
    5) TCU
    6) OSU
    7) Miss St.

Would be the proper rankings. SEC teams should be punished for scheduling these crap games in November.
    Last edited by Splits; 11-23-2014 at 12:51 AM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    1.Bama
    2.Oregon
    3.FSU
    4.Miss State
    5.OSU
    6.TCU
    7.Baylor

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    1. Oregon
    2. Fl st.
    3. Bama
    4. Tcu
    5. Ohio St.
    6. Miss St.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    1.Bama
    2.Oregon
    3.FSU
    4.Miss State
    5.OSU
    6.TCU
    7.Baylor
    God no.

That'd be ing re ed to have Bama and MissySt play each other.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    God no.

That'd be ing re ed to have Bama and MissySt play each other.
    2 SEC teams in the Final is re ed. Rather them have a "SEC le Game" for a Final appearance. Maybe I'm bias because FSU would handle Oregon

Post Count
    Going to be another controversial Tuesday.

FSU winning at home by a last second FG to a crap team
    OSU in a tight game through 3, then did what they're supposed to do against a crap team
    Ole Piss getting curbstomped by the conference doormat, exposing how overrated Bama is with only 1 top 25 win and their loss coming at the hands of a crap team
    Baylor putting the wood to a team that gave FSU a run to open the season
    TCU with a bye should be treated the same as Baylor with a bye last week.

At least Auburn was able to hold off Samford

1) FSU
    2) Oregon
    3) Bama
    4) Baylor
    5) TCU
    6) OSU
    7) Miss St.

Would be the proper rankings. SEC teams should be punished for scheduling these crap games in November.
    TCU has a better resume than Baylor up to this point. Much better. Plus Baylor's 14 point loss at WV is much worse than TCU's loss at Baylor.

Post Count
    2 SEC teams in the Final is re ed. Rather them have a "SEC le Game" for a Final appearance. Maybe I'm bias because FSU would handle Oregon
    FSU doesn't have the defense to slow down Oregon. Wouldn't surprise me if Tech runs for 300+ yards against FSU.

Post Count
    TCU should be in the top 4. They have wins against Minnesota, OU, K-State, and WV and their only loss is a 3 point loss at Baylor. Find me a one loss team with a better resume. Maybe Oregon.

My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    FSU doesn't have the defense to slow down Oregon. Wouldn't surprise me if Tech runs for 300+ yards against FSU.
    If Oregon gets 400+ yards of Offense on FSU, then Noles gets 600+ on Oregon. Ducks have the needed speed but no size or strength.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Coach boom might upset florida state during his finale. Wouldn't surprise me.

My Team
    Post Count
    11/25/14

No changes...nothing to see here.

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida St.
    4. Miss. St.

5. TCU
    6. Ohio. St
    7. Baylor
    8. UCLA

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    11/25/14

No changes...nothing to see here.

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida St.
    4. Miss. St.

5. TCU
    6. Ohio. St
    7. Baylor
    8. UCLA

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TCU has a better resume than Baylor up to this point. Much better. Plus Baylor's 14 point loss at WV is much worse than TCU's loss at Baylor.
    Someone did not watch the 4th quarter.

Thread Information