Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It might be a POS excuse...I'll give you that.

I'm just saying this. If you want to double or triple your money....bet everything you have on the other team to whip Alabama's ass if this scenario ever plays out again. It's what the betting experts would call a "lock"....
    Then why was Alabama favored? If all the experts saw it, they move the out of that line. This did NOT happen.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Then why was Alabama favored? If all the experts saw it, they move the out of that line. This did NOT happen.
    ^
    Vegas doesn't get everything correct do they? I guess Vegas had Miss. St. as the #1 team in America after week 8 right? I bet you could of got 50x your money if you would of made that bet at the beginning of the year.

I'll agree that Vegas gets the majority of things right....but your comment makes it seem like Vegas (or the "experts")never gets it wrong.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Of course you do, but you have no argument to back it up.
    K state vs Auburn. You're welcome.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Please point me to the post where I made the case for Baylor.
    And it doesn't matter anyway. Baylor's fate is pretty much in their hands and it doesn't really matter where they are now. If they win out, they have an argument. If they don't, they're toast. The only reason I even brought up Baylor earlier is because TCU people are trying to make the case that the team that beat them is overrated, which is kind of self-defeating.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What a ing joke. They're not even showing consistency with their rankings. At least you could count on with the BCS that rankings were generally done with the "best loss" ranking you higher. (Why Texas was pushed out of the NC game in 08, Oklahoma St in 2011)

In the SEC you have to lose your ranking. In every other conference you have to earn it.

you Condoleeza.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^
    Vegas doesn't get everything correct do they? I guess Vegas had Miss. St. as the #1 team in America after week 8 right? I bet you could of got 50x your money if you would of made that bet at the beginning of the year.

I'll agree that Vegas gets the majority of things right....but your comment makes it seem like Vegas (or the "experts")never gets it wrong.
    Vegas reflects what the people think. If a bunch of experts see the trend that you proposed and bet on it appropriately, the line would have moved.

YOU brought "all the experts into this". And you also don't appear to know how Vegas can get things wrong.
    Basically you just destroyed your own argument.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It might be a POS excuse...I'll give you that.

I'm just saying this. If you want to double or triple your money....bet everything you have on the other team to whip Alabama's ass if this scenario ever plays out again. It's what the betting experts would call a "lock"....
    Do do you understand what you posted?

My Team
    Post Count
    Do do you understand what you posted?
    I didn't bring up Vegas first...you did. Post #74....

And I posted in Post #77 that Vegas doesn't get everything correct....I guess you didn't read that one.

But honestly....who cares? We're talking about a bowl game that happened last year. It has nothing to do with this year. If Alabama would have lost or won to Oklahoma by 65 points....it means nothing this year. The only thing that matters is what the Playoff committee announced last night....and they all seem to agree that 3 out of the top 4 teams belong to the SEC. Honestly dude...that's all that matters right now.

So what does your final four look like right now....I'm curious.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You brought up betting and how Alabama was so predictable. Vegas would naturally follow from your all the experts think...

1. Fsu
    2. Miss St.
    3. Alabama
    4. Norte Dame

Of course ND just lost so they can't be up there. But if FSU is 1, ND has to be top 4. Despite the weaknesses FSU has shown they deserve it. They have come thru with constant distractions and without some of their best players.

And oh yes, I despise Jimbo Fishface.

I would take a # of other top 4's without Auburn. No Auburn, no way.

My Team
    Post Count
    You brought up betting and how Alabama was so predictable. Vegas would naturally follow from your all the experts think...

1. Fsu
    2. Miss St.
    3. Alabama
    4. Norte Dame

Of course ND just lost so they can't be up there. But if FSU is 1, ND has to be top 4. Despite the weaknesses FSU has shown they deserve it. They have come thru with constant distractions and without some of their best players.

And oh yes, I despise Jimbo Fishface.

I would take a # of other top 4's without Auburn. No Auburn, no way.
    I'm not going to argue with your list...it's okay with me. I would switch ND for Auburn...and switch Miss. St. with FSU. But overall....it's not completely ludicris.

Next question: Why all the Auburn hate. They're a great football team. Only loss was to Miss. St. (in Starkville)and that game got away from them early. It was 14-0 like 5 minutes in. But they came back and made it a game at the end. They're easily in the top 4 imo. But it really doesn't matter...they play Ole Miss this week...the winner of that game will make the top 4 next week and the loser will fall out. I've got a bunch of Ole Miss friends and they're scared to death of Auburn this week...and they have the best defense in the country at Ole Miss.

My thing with FSU and ND...they've only played one real game and it was against each other. Their schedules are a joke compared to what the SEC West teams go through. (Yes...even including all the cupcakes)

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    My thing with FSU and ND...they've only played one real game and it was against each other. Their schedules are a joke compared to what the SEC West teams go through. (Yes...even including all the cupcakes)
    Here's the thing. SEC teams only schedule SEC teams. So until Bowl season there is no telling how good they are. Unless you want to reward them on past accomplishments....kinda like being on a 23 game Winning Streak.

There is no debate/argument when it comes to the Pac12 being the second best conference in NCAA football. That is a slamdunk.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm not going to argue with your list...it's okay with me. I would switch ND for Auburn...and switch Miss. St. with FSU. But overall....it's not completely ludicris.

Next question: Why all the Auburn hate. They're a great football team. Only loss was to Miss. St. (in Starkville)and that game got away from them early. It was 14-0 like 5 minutes in. But they came back and made it a game at the end. They're easily in the top 4 imo. But it really doesn't matter...they play Ole Miss this week...the winner of that game will make the top 4 next week and the loser will fall out. I've got a bunch of Ole Miss friends and they're scared to death of Auburn this week...and they have the best defense in the country at Ole Miss.

I don't hate Auburn at all. The game last year against Alabama was pure joy, I loved it.
    I have watched Auburn play this year. K st should have beaten them (not a well played game but it was early) they were awful against SC. And MSU crushed them.
    So why all the Auburn love? Ahh MSU beat them... Take off those spectacles, you are not looking at the whole picture imo.

Post Count
    K state vs Auburn. You're welcome.
    You mean a game where a SEC team actually won on the road against a Big 12 squad?

Post Count
    Here's the thing. SEC teams only schedule SEC teams. So until Bowl season there is no telling how good they are. Unless you want to reward them on past accomplishments....kinda like being on a 23 game Winning Streak.
    Not true. Auburn played K-State out of conference. Georgia pounded Clemson and has GT left on the schedule. LSU beat Wisconsin, Bama beat West Virginia, etc.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    You mean a game where a SEC team actually won on the road against a Big 12 squad?
    Actually, I meant a game where a Big 12 team outplayed the SEC team and it gets ignored. West Virginia and Alabama was the same way. SEC teams get credit from voters and pundits for losing close to other SEC teams all the time. It's probably happened in this thread. Oklahoma destroyed Alabama, but people make excuses to discount it, and so Alabama's a preseason number 2 in the rankings.

Post Count
    Actually, I meant a game where a Big 12 team outplayed the SEC team and it gets ignored. West Virginia and Alabama was the same way. SEC teams get credit from voters and pundits for losing close to other SEC teams all the time. It's probably happened in this thread. Oklahoma destroyed Alabama, but people make excuses to discount it, and so Alabama's a preseason number 2 in the rankings.
    Well OU had their chance as well but blew it losing to TCU and a home game to KSU. They were a top 4 preaseason team. Baylor has been in the top 10 despite playing no one most of the time outside of their Big12 opponents. It is what it is.

I'd love to see Louisville knock FSU out of it tonight. I'm tired of the Jameis Winston saga and would like to see other teams involved.

Firt time this season the NCAA game gets more interest (from me) than the NFL game.

My Team
    Post Count
    I don't hate Auburn at all. The game last year against Alabama was pure joy, I loved it.
    I have watched Auburn play this year. K st should have beaten them (not a well played game but it was early) they were awful against SC. And MSU crushed them.
    So why all the Auburn love? Ahh MSU beat them... Take off those spectacles, you are not looking at the whole picture imo.
    Take off those spectacles.....Lol.

Dude you're talking about a team (pretty much the same exact team) that played for the National Championship last year. They're a damn good football team....damn good. "They looked awful against SC"....dude this is the SEC...teams that you think suck will jump up and bite you in the ass if you don't bring your A game. Like Kentucky, Arkansas, even Florida this year. Bring your B or C game....you'll go home with the Loss.

Dude you're talking about a team (pretty much the same exact team) that played for the National Championship last year. They're a damn good football team....damn good. "They looked awful against SC"....dude this is the SEC...teams that you think suck will jump up and bite you in the ass if you don't bring your A game. Like Kentucky, Arkansas, even Florida this year. Bring your B or C game....you'll go home with the Loss.
    Let's been honest about a couple things...

While Auburn was a good team last season they got a couple amazing breaks. And if not for playing in the ACC FSU isn't even there. So we saw a rather tainted Championship game in 2013.

My Team
    Post Count
    Let's been honest about a couple things...

While Auburn was a good team last season they got a couple amazing breaks. And if not for playing in the ACC FSU isn't even there. So we saw a rather tainted Championship game in 2013.
    Did Auburn get "lucky" last year...maybe. I'll even argue yes....they did.
    Is the FSU championship tainted? No....
    Is Auburn a bad/mediocre football team? no....
    Does Auburn deserve to be in the top 4 right now? Yes....

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

The SEC isn't the only conference with rivalries that span decades, tbh

Did Auburn get "lucky" last year...maybe. I'll even argue yes....they did.
    Is the FSU championship tainted? No....
    Is Auburn a bad/mediocre football team? no....
    Does Auburn deserve to be in the top 4 right now? Yes....
    Auburn is a great team, I agree about that.

But....there is no doubt at all they got very very lucky to get to the Championship game, and it's real obvious if FSU played an SEC schedule they aren't there. In other words....better teams weren't there in 2013.

My Team
    Post Count
    The SEC isn't the only conference with rivalries that span decades, tbh
    Really...I didn't know that. Thanks for the input...

My Team
    Post Count
    People I see get so mad when a SEC team loses and only drops 3-4 spots in the polls...and I can see their point.

But here's the thing...if the Pac-12, Big 12, ACC, or Big 10 would have won 7 out of the last 8 National Championships (with multiple teams doing it)...they would get the same treatment.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I am indeed a SEC homer. I've got my SEC flag hanging outside my front door as I'm typing this. (not really but you get my point) So you can take my comments with a grain of salt if you want to.

But I will say this...homer or not...the SEC is the best football conference in America. And anybody who disagrees with that is either lying to themselves or a SEC hater.

Thread Information