Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    People I see get so mad when a SEC team loses and only drops 3-4 spots in the polls...and I can see their point.

But here's the thing...if the Pac-12, Big 12, ACC, or Big 10 would have won 7 out of the last 8 National Championships (with multiple teams doing it)...they would get the same treatment.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I am indeed a SEC homer. I've got my SEC flag hanging outside my front door as I'm typing this. (not really but you get my point) So you can take my comments with a grain of salt if you want to.

But I will say this...homer or not...the SEC is the best football conference in America. And anybody who disagrees with that is either lying to themselves or a SEC hater.
    I totally agree and I'm a Cali-ite with USC my team. The huge diference is in the team speed those teams have in abundance and at every position. The SEC full of big fast athletes unlike any other conference.

I'm first and foremost a track fan, the SEC is faster than most countries, dead serious. With so many of these guys being two sports stars.

Size with speed in abundance...the big SEC advantage

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Take off those spectacles.....Lol.

Dude you're talking about a team (pretty much the same exact team) that played for the National Championship last year. They're a damn good football team....damn good. "They looked awful against SC"....dude this is the SEC...teams that you think suck will jump up and bite you in the ass if you don't bring your A game. Like Kentucky, Arkansas, even Florida this year. Bring your B or C game....you'll go home with the Loss.
    So they get credit for playing poorly with the same team because it's the same team. Oh that's rich.
    This year, so far, no way they are top 4.

You want them top 4 because your team beat them.
    So get the outta town with this drivel.
    Your really grasping now.

Kentucky, Florida, and Arkansas... 2 of these teams have for QBs. No you don't have to bring any such thing like an A game. The teams that are more likely to bite are teams that can move the ball because they can actually pass. They are 1-dimensional teams.

Kentucky... Awful schedule so far.

I thought you were a reasonable poster at first but you are also a fan of a conference. Which is deplorable in the scheme of wanting to win games.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    After the Rose Bowl, my buddy and I ran around the parking lot (Behind stadium is Green grass leading to tailgating) cheering SEC! SEC!! SEC!!! in complete euphoria

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    So they get credit for playing poorly with the same team because it's the same team. Oh that's rich.
    This year, so far, no way they are top 4.

You want them top 4 because your team beat them.
    So get the outta town with this drivel.
    Your really grasping now.

Kentucky, Florida, and Arkansas... 2 of these teams have for QBs. No you don't have to bring any such thing like an A game. The teams that are more likely to bite are teams that can move the ball because they can actually pass. They are 1-dimensional teams.

Kentucky... Awful schedule so far.

I thought you were a reasonable poster at first but you are also a fan of a conference. Which is deplorable in the scheme of wanting to win games.
    Name me one team (besides FSU and not in the SEC) you think would beat Auburn on a neutral field?

Dude....you want your favorite team to jump up 10 spots for a win...and only drop 3 spots when you lose?....or say you want your conference to get every single benefit of the doubt? Win about 5-6 National Championships in a row. Or have half your conference make up the top ten hardest schedules in the nation damn near every year.

Until these things are done by either the Pac-12 or Big 12 (honestly I don't think the ACC and Big 10 can do it) the SEC will continue to get every single "benefit" you can possibly think of....

But like I said earlier....our back and forth really doesn't matter. You can think I'm the worst poster on ST...again, it really doesn't matter. The ONLY thing that matters is what the committee puts out on Tuesdays. And so far, after one week, they agree with me....................

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Name me one team (besides FSU and not in the SEC) you think would beat Auburn on a neutral field?

Dude....you want your favorite team to jump up 10 spots for a win...and only drop 3 spots when you lose?....or say you want your conference to get every single benefit of the doubt? Win about 5-6 National Championships in a row. Or have half your conference make up the top ten hardest schedules in the nation damn near every year.

Until these things are done by either the Pac-12 or Big 12 (honestly I don't think the ACC and Big 10 can do it) the SEC will continue to get every single "benefit" you can possibly think of....

But like I said earlier....our back and forth really doesn't matter. You can think I'm the worst poster on ST...again, it really doesn't matter. The ONLY thing that matters is what the committee puts out on Tuesdays. And so far, after one week, they agree with me....................
    OU spanked bama last year on a neutral field, they could have done the same to Auburn - what kind of question is that?

My Team
    Post Count
    OU spanked bama last year on a neutral field, they could have done the same to Auburn - what kind of question is that?

LOL Oklahoma.....

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LOL Alabama?

FSU, ND, Oregon win out they are in. Could we see a final 4 with no SEC there? Is it possible?

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    ^ if Georgia wins the SEC championship, then yes there should be no SEC team unless there are no 1-loss teams in the Big 10 or Big 12

Post Count
    ^ if Georgia wins the SEC championship, then yes there should be no SEC team unless there are no 1-loss teams in the Big 10 or Big 12
    One loss Big 10 team does not belong. They play no one in conference or out of conference outside of getting thrashed by Oregon.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    FSU, ND, Oregon win out they are in. Could we see a final 4 with no SEC there? Is it possible?
    It's wishful thinking but it's not happening. BTW, ND has no sho even if they win out.

It's wishful thinking but it's not happening. BTW, ND has no sho even if they win out.
    There is a real scenario where no SEC team will be without two losses.

I do see ND making it if they win out. And....we do have that two loss SEC team.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    There is a real scenario where no SEC team will be without two losses.

I do see ND making it if they win out. And....we do have that two loss SEC team.
    Miss. State would have to lose to Missouri/Georgia (unlikely) in the SEC championship game. Auburn or Alabama would have to get tripped up prior to the Iron bowl. If State loses to Alabama, that would be just one loss. I can't see them losing to Ole Miss minus Treadwell. There's a lot of ifs in there but, if the unthinkable should happen, a two loss SECW team that wins the championship game could make the field of four based on their SOS.

ND's best win this year came against Stanford. The committee's not high on them and the close win vs Navy didn't help their cause.

Miss. State would have to lose to Missouri/Georgia (unlikely) in the SEC championship game. Auburn or Alabama would have to get tripped up prior to the Iron bowl. If State loses to Alabama, that would be just one loss. I can't see them losing to Ole Miss minus Treadwell. There's a lot of ifs in there but, if the unthinkable should happen, a two loss SECW team that wins the championship game could make the field of four based on their SOS.

ND's best win this year came against Stanford. The committee's not high on them and the close win vs Navy didn't help their cause.
    MSU could lose to both Bama and Ole Miss.
    Bama could lose to Auburn/LSU
    Auburn could lose to Bama/Georgia

ND could win out giving them wins over USC/Stanford/ASU

Stranger things have happened, just ask Georgia.

My Team
    Post Count
    New Rankings:

1. Miss. St.
    2. FSU
    3. Auburn
    4. Oregon

New Rankings:

1. Miss. St.
    2. FSU
    3. Auburn
    4. Oregon

I'd love to see....

MSU...SEC
    Oregon....Pac12
    Michigan St...Big10
    TCU...Big12

I see that as being the best situation for the college game. Get everyone involved, almost everyone anyway.

I do believe having ND in the mix is like the Cowboys in the NFL the game is just better if they are relevant.

My Team
    Utah Utes
    Post Count
    Oregon is losing this week.

My Team
    Post Count
    I'd love to see....

MSU...SEC
    Oregon....Pac12
    Michigan St...Big10
    TCU...Big12

I see that as being the best situation for the college game. Get everyone involved, almost everyone anyway.

I do believe having ND in the mix is like the Cowboys in the NFL the game is just better if they are relevant.
    I don't care if every conference is involved....I want the 4 best teams in America. And btw...this isn't the 60s or 70s anymore.....kids these days know nothing about Notre Dame.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The excuses for Alabama losing to Okahoma are just comedic.
    Its typical SEC drivel. They do have the best conference, but when some bs MSU fan uses the Alabama line you know they root for a conference. In the big scheme of things, there is no way to explain how this end of the year loss by Bama could have hurt MSU.

Its ridiculous... I wanted OU to lose but they did not. Just from a recruiting standpoint.
    SEC
    SEC
    SEC... It's becoming sickening.
    Big John Plantation rises... Do we wish we were in the land o cotton. Look away.

If none of these teams make the playoffs, the Avante Curse is real.
    And you can't name one college player/team I cursed....right?

Oregon is losing this week.
    Wouldn't shock me at all.

I don't care if every conference is involved....I want the 4 best teams in America. And btw...this isn't the 60s or 70s anymore.....kids these days know nothing about Notre Dame.
    There is no doubt the more of the country involved is a good thing.

There are tons of guys like myself who aren't kids who follow the college game and know all about ND.

My Team
    Post Count
    There is no doubt the more of the country involved is a good thing.

There are tons of guys like myself who aren't kids who follow the college game and know all about ND.
    I'm not calling you a kid....I'm just saying that Touchdown Jesus is not what it used to be. Even you know that. Half these kids today can't even tell you where the Notre Dame campus is located....

I'm not calling you a kid....I'm just saying that Touchdown Jesus is not what it used to be. Even you know that. Half these kids today can't even tell you where the Notre Dame campus is located....
    The thing is who cares about kids? They are a total non factor here. Those who know the college game are well aware of the ND mystique. Those on the committee know all about ND.

Look at how the ND vs FSU game was hyped, yep....ND was involved.

My Team
    Post Count
    The thing is who cares about kids? They are a total non factor here. Those who know the college game are well aware of the ND mystique. Those on the committee know all about ND.

Look at how the ND vs FSU game was hyped, yep....ND was involved.
    I mean seriously...what's the end game here? Are you saying that ND should get the benefit of the doubt (and maybe an undeserving Final Four spot) just because they're Notre Dame and the "old folks" remember their prior mystique?

Thread Information