Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    I got...

FSU...defending champ, undefeated
    MSU...number one, undefeated
    Oregon....best team west of the Mississippi river???
    ND.....longest love affair in college football and beat FSU in the minds of many

Sure both Auburn and Bama would beat all those teams but maybe MSU. There simply is no way the committee is going to heavy load this with southern teams. They'd love to have a Big10/Big12/TCU team there instead of FSU.

While not among the criteria that is suppose to be used trying to get as much of the country involved as they can will be play a factor in this. Which is wrong but it won't matter.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-28-2014 at 10:17 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't see two SEC teams making it in there. I think they'll want to promote "parity" or something by putting up 4 different conference champs. They don't answer to ESPN and they don't have to sell any tickets.

Your top 4 seems pretty likely, but I think they're looking for a reason to keep Notre Dame out. If there's a one loss Big 12 champ in the end they'll replace Notre Dame.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They just need a top 10 playoff with the top two teams getting a bye week...conference champs out of the old BCS conferences should get an auto bid.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    They just need a top 10 playoff with the top two teams getting a bye week...conference champs out of the old BCS conferences should get an auto bid.
    i want to see 12 myself.

My Team
    Utah Utes
    Post Count
    10 doesn't work. 2 teams get a bye, so you have 6 total teams after the 4 winning teams. Those 6 teams remaining play, leaving 3 winners. What do you do with those 3 teams?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    10 doesn't work. 2 teams get a bye, so you have 6 total teams after the 4 winning teams. Those 6 teams remaining play, leaving 3 winners. What do you do with those 3 teams?
    Fine, 14 teams

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I like this....

Two conditions though:
    1. ND must join a conference
    2. All conferences must have a championship game

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I like this....

Two conditions though:
    1. ND must join a conference
    2. All conferences must have a championship game

yes that way they can lessen the season and gut out the unnecessary non-conference games mid-late season (A&M-LA Monroe this week for example)

My Team
    Post Count
    yes that way they can lessen the season and gut out the unnecessary non-conference games mid-late season (A&M-LA Monroe this week for example)
    Or do away with the championship games...i don't really care. It's just stupid that some conferences do it...and some do not. They need to make it the same with every conference.

It's almost as dumb as having different rules for National League and American League baseball....

My Team
    Post Count
    SEC WEST:

We Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeed

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    Ole Miss?

Committee is covering their butts knowing

Auburn and Ole Miss play Saturday (7 p.m. ET, ESPN). Alabama visits Mississippi State on Nov. 15, while Auburn and Alabama meet on Nov. 29. Mississippi State also has a game with Ole Miss on Nov. 29.

I'll be damn they did things right, something I thought they wouldn't do. They ignored the ND legend, they didn't care about geography. Stunned, but glad to see they did it right.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol avante prediction wrong once again

Notice how I step up with an opinion? Where was yours .....before....we found out? Unless you give...YOUR...picks, you really can't say much.

And what's this...."again"...stuff?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ND got that Avante curse all over them now

ND got that Avante curse all over them now
    Tell MSU/Ole Miss about that Avante curse shorty. Funny how you always ignore....

Nick Chubb
    Tyreek Hill
    James Conner
    FSU beating ND

....isn't it? And notice how I step out on things....BEFORE...the games? Where was your opinion...BEFORE?

Texas Tech by two TD's, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a curse....82-27..hahahahaha!!!!!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Tell MSU/Ole Miss about that Avante curse shorty. Funny how you always ignore....

Nick Chubb
    Tyreek Hill
    James Conner
    FSU beating ND
    Funny how Terrance West and Dri Archer have disappeared from that list... and Ole Miss got Cursed last Saturday.

Funny how Terrance West and Dri Archer have disappeared from that list... and Ole Miss got Cursed last Saturday.
    I'll go slow...

This forum is about....college sports...ok slugger? West and Archer are "pro" players, ok little man? I didn't talk about them here.....ok? Ole Miss is in the final four.....that's some curse, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing!

If I don't give my opinion about something "before" it happens, I;m sure in not going to come in "after" something happens running my mouth. Yep, no class.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Avante, I'm gonna need you to start a thread about the longhorns this week.

Hop to it. Ok thanks.

Avante, I'm gonna need you to start a thread about the longhorns this week.

Hop to it. Ok thanks.
    Why not start one yourself? Just say this....Texas will win by two TD's. Then we'll see....TT 82 Texas 27.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FCKN ridiculous.

Auburn ahead of ND.
    Stacked committee.

Now we gotta go back to a computer with various polls thrown in.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If this is status quo, college football is out of control.
    The NCAA will have no relevance. Let the big programs rule with alliances.
    We can have an 8-3 Alabama play a 7-4 Florida St.

Make it just like soccer, the more $, the more teams invited to compete.
    A 5-6 Texas loses first round, but they made it.

FCKN ridiculous.

Auburn ahead of ND.
    Stacked committee.

Now we gotta go back to a computer with various polls thrown in.
    I gotta come clean, I thought they pretty much got it right which shocked the out of me. I was sure they'd get geographical about it......nope! ND belongs higher but not in the final 4 simply because FSU doesn't belong there either as we will see.

Thread Information