Page 38 of 134 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i will also say that without exception, every trailer they ran before the movie look like complete trash. hotel transylvania, dumbo, the nutcracker, A.X.L., the house with a clock in its walls. all looked like complete garbage imo

marvel carrying hollywood per par

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    because they stay away from sjw bull and only focus on making that $$$$$.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Paul Rudd is a criminally underrated actor. How did Chris Pratt get all the movie roles Paul Rudd should have gotten?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    also since it hasn't been said recently enough...

DC

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So... every movie with a woman or a black person in it is "SJW "? OK...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Huge comic fan and not one of these films has been anything shy of

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Huge comic fan and not one of these films has been anything shy of
    Shut up, got.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    yeah, i dont understand trainwreck.

says marvel is successful because they stay away from SJW stuff

then couple posts later points out all the overt SJW stuff contained in 2 marvel movies that came out this year
    So... every movie with a woman or a black person in it is "SJW "? OK...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Ant-Man was good. Not great or bad. The mid credit scene was the most interesting part. Wouldn't be interested in a 3rd standalone movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    you talking bout black panther's message about inspiring strong AA individuals to help their fellow AAs lest they be ed over by the man. (this is true) And when i say it's true I mean AAs gonna be ed over by the man.

you talking The Wasp getting equal billing with Ant Man even though she's a female character and her getting a lion's share of the fight scenes for their movie? Showing all of us that women can fight to.

Cause yeah that went over my head
    That’s a lot more than “a black guy and a woman were in those movies”

your backtrack is sufficient to make my point

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That’s a lot more than “a black guy and a woman were in those movies”

your backtrack is sufficient to make my point
    strong well written characters developed over multiple movies aren't sjw shenanigans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ant-Man was good. Not great or bad. The mid credit scene was the most interesting part. Wouldn't be interested in a 3rd standalone movie.
    I'd be interested in a semi-prequel with Pym as Ant-man, Janet as the Wasp and Fishburne's character as Black Goliath.

They could still have Lang and Hope as the Ant-Man and the Wasp but have their characters take backseats with the movie focusing on flashbacks with a villain that ties both stories together.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'd be interested in a semi-prequel with Pym as Ant-man, Janet as the Wasp and Fishburne's character as Black Goliath.

They could still have Lang and Hope as the Ant-Man and the Wasp but have their characters take backseats with the movie focusing on flashbacks with a villain that ties both stories together.
    the CGI would probably be difficult to pull off for such long stretches... unless you recast. and that would be weird.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The movie was very good and better than the first imo. Lots of fun. That's an interesting idea for a third film but if it were to happen I don't think Douglas, Pfeiffer, and Fishburne would be playing the younger versions of their characters. Too much CGI work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the CGI would probably be difficult to pull off for such long stretches... unless you recast. and that would be weird.
    The movie was very good and better than the first imo. Lots of fun. That's an interesting idea for a third film but if it were to happen I don't think Douglas, Pfeiffer, and Fishburne would be playing the younger versions of their characters. Too much CGI work.

Read this today;

https://screenrant.com/mcu-movies-pr...marvel-future/

seems like the technology is there and they've already used it before- not to the scale that I'm talking but it sounds do-able.

Also, there is usually 3 years in between movie releases so it could improve even more- then again, Pheipher, Fishburne, and Douglas would be a couple years older by the time they start filming. It would be a cool idea, to try in any event

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That would have even fewer stakes than the current Ant-Man movie. It was really an enjoyable movie; really well-paced and the actors and director really hit a good stride. I'm glad I saw it in a pretty crowded theater for once because of their reaction during the mid-credit scene. Been awhile since I heard so many audible gasps in a theater. Looking forward to his Scott's role in the next Avengers movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That would have even fewer stakes than the current Ant-Man movie. It was really an enjoyable movie; really well-paced and the actors and director really hit a good stride. I'm glad I saw it in a pretty crowded theater for once because of their reaction during the mid-credit scene. Been awhile since I heard so many audible gasps in a theater. Looking forward to his Scott's role in the next Avengers movie.
    I assume it's gonna be a pretty significant role considering Ant-Man is one of the original Avengers in the comics. They're probably gonna try to establish that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I assume it's gonna be a pretty significant role considering Ant-Man is one of the original Avengers in the comics. They're probably gonna try to establish that.
    Well, Hank was. I kind of miss Hank's characterization as a borderline insane in the comics. He's just a in the movies.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What did he tweet? Must have been pretty bad for it not to have been quoted in the article.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ...was thinking it was ridiculous to fire someone over an edgy tweet but I just saw them. I realize he was just being funny but kid rape seemed to be his go to. Overdid it by a long shot. No problem with him getting fired over it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ...was thinking it was ridiculous to fire someone over an edgy tweet but I just saw them. I realize he was just being funny but kid rape seemed to be his go to. Overdid it by a long shot. No problem with him getting fired over it.
    No punch lines in most of them; if the kid rape jokes don't land the first time, don't double down and get increasingly over the top with it.

From what I understand, he writes and directs the GOTG movies and was put in charge of building the "Marvel Cosmic Universe"- all of the marvel movies that are set to take place in outer space, for consistency purposes. It could be an issue replacing him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No punch lines in most of them; if the kid rape jokes don't land the first time, don't double down and get increasingly over the top with it.

From what I understand, he writes and directs the GOTG movies and was put in charge of building the "Marvel Cosmic Universe"- all of the marvel movies that are set to take place in outer space, for consistency purposes. It could be an issue replacing him.
    Yeah...he seems to be a big deal. GOG was great. I guess I really don’t care. Just interesting to see people sympathize with him and how his career is “ruined”. Some things you just don’t say. Especially somewhere that’s forever.

But it is a little disturbing how many times he went to that particular well.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Gotg is probably my second favorite movie of the mcu, but those pedo tweets should not be defended. Especially if you tweet like 50 of them. This guy has problems and fbi should be knocking on his door.

Thread Information