Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were in tank mode when they hired Byron as the coach, the Randle injury just confirmed it. The Lakers should consider trading Kobe to the Knicks for Amare and picks, that's one team he wouldn't mind going to with Phil and Fisher there.
    Do they not know who runs that franchise now?

Still complaining about the blocked Chris Paul deal.

I believe that Dan Gilbert was the #1 owner who complained about the Chris Paul deal & from what happen after, I'm confident he & Stern were good buddies. Perhaps sell to the highest bidder Stern benefitted Gilbert with the #1's & Silver doesn't have a buddie on the Sixers yet... The lottery is a joke, no other sport does it!!!
    A poster tells the truth about Kobe, and like clockwork another poster calls for his ban.

As much as i've loved and cheered for Kobe over the years, i'm looking at this man with disdain and anger.

why? because i can already sense his soon-to-be frustration and resentment for this loser team. he'll have to deal with being on a crappy team and his pride, ego and at ude is going to start creeping up.

all i see is an over-paid, past-his-prime superstar who's in all seriousness more a hindrance than an asset at this point. what the do we do now? everyone's breaking down and this is the first game. no substantial, impactful player/players want to come here.

so in all seriousness we are f*cked. we are the laughing stock of the NBA and we're gonna have to look at Kobe and his crippling contract extension in a different or honest light eventually.

the Laker era is gone and everyone else has moved on. we're like 3-5 seasons from even being decent.

this is so painful (especially since i'm going to foolishly spend this entire season recording and watching every crappy game we have to look forward to).

what do we do now? i'm seriously pissed at Kobe and his terrible contract right now. i hope this man doesn't complain once all season and enjoys losing night after night.
    What a garbage post this is totally classless. This sounds to be like true diehard Kobe hater that has some built up rage and frustration envy towards the man. I imagine you'll be banned soon enough.
    Things I want to see:

Kobe own Harden.

Randle embarrass Dwight.
    Kobe 39 points 6 assists and 4 boards

James Har en is guarding him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do they not know who runs that franchise now?

Still complaining about the blocked Chris Paul deal.

A poster tells the truth about Kobe, and like clockwork another poster calls for his ban.

Btw, regarding that blocked trade: as the NBA commissioner, Stern was sort of the head of the owner foundation, if you want to call it that way. And every owner has the right to reject a trade if he feels his team gets screwed over.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lakers fans are delusional.

Lakers get Chris Paul
    Rockets get Gasol
    Hornets get Odom, Scola and Kevin Martin.

OMG! How unfair was the league on not allowing the Lakers cheat on another trade!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers fans are delusional.

Lakers get Chris Paul
    Rockets get Gasol
    Hornets get Odom, Scola and Kevin Martin.

OMG! How unfair was the league on not allowing the Lakers cheat on another trade!
    They can`t blame Kobe so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why that blocked trade is such a big deal. Sure, you get Chris Paul, but you're giving up an in-their-prime Gasol and Odom. That's a hefty price to pay. I'd much rather have a front court of Bynum / Gasol / Odom if I were a Lakers fan, even if I had to live with Derek Fisher at PG. That front court was what made those Lakers teams special.

Besides, what would be the point in having Chris Paul if he would never get to touch the ball anyway with Kobe dominating it all the time.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Btw, regarding that blocked trade: as the NBA commissioner, Stern was sort of the head of the owner foundation, if you want to call it that way. And every owner has the right to reject a trade if he feels his team gets screwed over.
    Never mind that, Stern was the owner of the Hornets. So yes, it was well within his rights to veto trades involving his team.

If anything, Lakerfan should be thanking Stern for helping the Lakers per par by not allowing them to go through with the stupidity of trading Odom and MVPau for a known choke artist who didn't even fit with their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul + Kobe wouldn't work. Both are ball dominant players, and would be significantly less impactful if they were forced to share the ball.

The Lakers won championships in 09 and 10 because of their phenomenal front court of MVPau, Odom and Bynum, those three have a size and quickness advantage on every single front court in the league, with maybe Boston being the only one that is comparable. You take that away, and the entire Lakers offense and defense falls apart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were in tank mode when they hired Byron as the coach, the Randle injury just confirmed it.

What ?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Pau was a much better fit for Lakers than CP3.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Chris Paul + Kobe wouldn't work. Both are ball dominant players, and would be significantly less impactful if they were forced to share the ball.

The Lakers won championships in 09 and 10 because of their phenomenal front court of MVPau, Odom and Bynum, those three have a size and quickness advantage on every single front court in the league, with maybe Boston being the only one that is comparable. You take that away, and the entire Lakers offense and defense falls apart.
    True. The biggest reason the Lakers won in these years was the insane size of their frontcourt. No other team could match that except for Boston. It wasn't Kobe even if Kobe homers will never accept that. Kobe benefitted greatly from the size of Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Artest (Ariza) as they opened up space for him and did all the dirty work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. The biggest reason the Lakers won in these years was the insane size of their frontcourt. No other team could match that except for Boston. It wasn't Kobe even if Kobe homers will never accept that. Kobe benefitted greatly from the size of Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Artest (Ariza) as they opened up space for him and did all the dirty work.
    wouldnt that also apply to the asslickers upstairs? the system benefited them 4rings? then switching to small ball for 6 years during enrique era amounting to till kawhi arrive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randle is they key, if he balls out and shows some stud promise then I'm sure Marc wouldn't mind playing next to him for the next 4-5 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never mind that, Stern was the owner of the Hornets. So yes, it was well within his rights to veto trades involving his team.

If anything, Lakerfan should be thanking Stern for helping the Lakers per par by not allowing them to go through with the stupidity of trading Odom and MVPau for a known choke artist who didn't even fit with their team.
    Not only this but cp3+ Kobe is not a good duo. CP3 is about ball control and finding the open man. No way Kobe would allow that . Look at what they did to Gary Payton when he came to LA, they knew Kobe wanted the ball more and neutered the poor guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Har en

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP3 is about ball control and finding the open man.
    Unless someone's outshining him, at which point he's all about overdribbling, chucking, and trying to trick the refs.

See: all the games where Blake's dominated in the first half only to not get the ball in the second half; all of Choke Paul's playoff chokes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inverse
    Starting Rotation

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm Post subject: Would you be ok with Kobe being traded to the Knicks?

Our roster is a complete mess, and it's hard to watch him play his heart out for a team that is pretty much all D-league talent. At this point, would you guys be okay with a trade that sends Kobe to the Knicks for Amare? The Knicks would obviously have to send back some picks and maybe Hardaway. Of course, this would kill the whole "Kobe is retiring a Laker" thing, but at this point, there really is no point on having him on the team. It was obvious in the preseason that this team was going to be horrid. Now it's even more evident.

OTOH, this trade is an absolute no brainer for the Knicks. Bring in Kobe's leadership and experience with the triangle, and they instantly become a threat in the East.

I'm completely on the fence about this. I want to see Kobe retire as a laker, but not at the expense of looking like Jordan on the Wizards. What do you guys think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing will top that Julius comment. Saying they didn't mention if he would be back for the playoffs or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inverse
    Starting Rotation

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm Post subject: Would you be ok with Kobe being traded to the Knicks?

Our roster is a complete mess, and it's hard to watch him play his heart out for a team that is pretty much all D-league talent. At this point, would you guys be okay with a trade that sends Kobe to the Knicks for Amare? The Knicks would obviously have to send back some picks and maybe Hardaway. Of course, this would kill the whole "Kobe is retiring a Laker" thing, but at this point, there really is no point on having him on the team. It was obvious in the preseason that this team was going to be horrid. Now it's even more evident.

OTOH, this trade is an absolute no brainer for the Knicks. Bring in Kobe's leadership and experience with the triangle, and they instantly become a threat in the East.

I'm completely on the fence about this. I want to see Kobe retire as a laker, but not at the expense of looking like Jordan on the Wizards. What do you guys think?
    jordan wizards>>>cripple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inverse
    Starting Rotation

It's incredible how stupid they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver lining: Lakers are legitimately going to get a top 5 pick this year though. There's no way around it tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Inverse
    Starting Rotation

Sorry gots, you defended the 48.5 all year, now you're stuck with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Jordan was much as a Wizard than Kirby now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJST wrote:
    Kobe told Lin tonight that he wants Lin to be the guy playmaking, the guy calling the plays, the guy orchestrating the offense and to stop deferring to him so much as a first option.

Said it's gonna take some getting used to for Lin because he's used to looking over his shoulder or playing with guys that don't want him to do that(Harden, Carmelo etc) but Kobe literally told him tonight that he wants him running the offense and he's TELLING him to orchestrate the offense and run the plays and get guys in their right spots. Be an aggressive point guard.

Lin has been trying to play with Kobe like he did with Harden but Kobe is telling him to stop it. Kobe's done being the 'do everything' and knows he isn't gonna last if the team is just gonna stand around and watch him, which is why he yelled at Lin during the game for doing that and never taking advantage of the isolation plays ran for him(Lin) and still looking to pass when it was unneeded. His challenge to Lin aside from defensively is to orchestrate the offense and not just remove himself from plays just because he's not top dog.

I don't think Lin's used to that, at all.

Other problem is that the starting unit isn't full of the people Lin is used to carrying with his facilitating as those kind of guys he does it best with are high pick and rollers, fast breakers, and people that needed Lin to orchestrate the offense to them(The Knicks, The Rockets without Harden playing etc). That's why he fits with the bench who is full of players like that(Clarkson, X, Ellington, Kelly, Randle, Davis) and struggles with the starters whose two offensive scorers(aside from himself) score from the post, not off pick and rolls. If Hill was a better pick and roller it could be different, but he's not, if Davis was starting center we'd likely see a difference.

But he's not, and likely won't be anytime soon if Hill remains healthy, and I don't want anymore injuries so... there's really not much Lin can do outside of trying to isolate and try to get his own shot on a consistent basis.. problem is he's never been the kind of player that does that without getting teammates involved out of the pick and roll which opens up everything else. So it's gonna be a challenge as long as he's starting just with the makeup of the team.

Glad Kobe basically let him know he has the green light, but the only complimentary piece to Lin aside from Kobe in the starting lineup is Wes...and yeah.

Kobe just continues to talk out of his ass, and of course his minions continue to eat that up.

Thread Information