Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Entire interview - Kobe/Lin Wasn't that bad.

“He’s just got to go out there and play his game. I think right now he’s just thinking too much,” Scott said. The Lakers need consistent impact ball from Lin. He was deferring too much early in the first quarter with the Lakers settling for long contested jumpers as a result. He didn’t pick it up as the game went along. He and Kobe sat next to each other and talked it over in the fourth. “You got to run the offense,” Kobe said. “Like I’m telling you to run the offense. You got to do it. Me and DFish used to bicker and snipe at each other all the time, and I couldn’t love a teammate more. These guys are young, man, so it takes a little time to understand that. Teams become really great by challenging each other, and I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense, call the right things, get guys in the right spot.” If you didn’t understand that, Kobe was telling him to take things over and not defer as much (not to run it like Kobe was telling him to…), to assert himself into that leadership role. “I’m frustrated, but I’m going to go home figure out what I need to do, what changes I need to make and make sure I’m going to do my best to do that next game,” Lin said. The offense just looks so clunky out there right now. Kobe knows it’s going to be him and Lin to drive this thing. The Stats:He scored 6 points on 2-5 shooting (0-2 from three, 2-2 from the line) to go with 2 boards, 1 assist and 2 turnovers in 21 minutes. He

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    On the other hand..there is this http://bit.ly/103QaBi

:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur fans are re ed.

Lin is averging 5.5 points and 3 assists a game as a starter. Kobe actually is the only one worth a in these games.

Lin looks horrible and Boozer looks mediocre as . They can keep up with Kobe in the game.. but as soon as that bench hits... well we know the rest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur fans are re ed.

Lin is averging 5.5 points and 3 assists a game as a starter. Kobe actually is the only one worth a in these games.

Lin looks horrible and Boozer looks mediocre as . They can keep up with Kobe in the game.. but as soon as that bench hits... well we know the rest
    did u watch the game clown when they were down and out till kobe sat on the bench, they actually got the lead down to single digits, i dont know how that exploded to a beating at the end...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Lin, ends up being The Scapegoat! everywhere he goes.
    Like he cares, he is getting paid millions to play basketball. Usually his kind are doctors working hours so he is in paradise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the quote in the original post and I don't see how bad it is. Give that same quote verbatim and attach it to Tim Duncan telling it to Tony Parker having an off night, and the quote would be viewed as a concerned leader who was encouraging and mentoring his teammate. Attach it to Kobe and it's viewed as him yelling condescendingly and blaming Lin.
    It's almost like Tim Duncan has never thrown a teammate under the bus, let alone multiple teammates, let alone multiple ALL-NBA teammates.

It's almost like Tim Duncan doesn't take 50% of his team's shots then blames the PG for not running offensive sets.

It's almost like there's a difference in at ude among those players.

But you let me know when Duncan blames a teammate for a loss, ok chief? Because it will be the first time.

Inb4 so much class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost like Tim Duncan has never thrown a teammate under the bus, let alone multiple teammates, let alone multiple ALL-NBA teammates.

It's almost like Tim Duncan doesn't take 50% of his team's shots then blames the PG for not running offensive sets.

But you let me know when Duncan blames a teammate for a loss, ok chief? Because it will be the first time.

Inb4 so much class
    im certain td wouldve bolted to orlando after witnessing the choke job of enrique during the lakers 3peat years....

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Inb4 so much class
    He and Kobe sat next to each other and talked it over in the fourth. “You got to run the offense,” Kobe said. “Like I’m telling you to run the offense. You got to do it. Me and DFish used to bicker and snipe at each other all the time, and I couldn’t love a teammate more. These guys are young, man, so it takes a little time to understand that. Teams become really great by challenging each other, and I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense, call the right things, get guys in the right spot.” If you didn’t understand that, Kobe was telling him to take things over and not defer as much (not to run it like Kobe was telling him to…), to assert himself into that leadership role.
    Does that sound like throwing a teammate under the bus? That's all I'm saying. Taking a quote without any context and then ignorantly assuming what he's doing.

It's not even in defense of Kobe for anything else. He's a horrible person off the court. And he's a washed up has-been chucking for scoring history.

It has more to do with Kobe haters twisting any little thing they can to bash the guy. If any other star player in the league said what Kobe said, would there even be a thread about it? Would people even care. Now read that Kobe quote again with more context that Indazone posted and tell me how bad the quote is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leave to Kobe to blame everybody....hey asshole you ran off Shaq and Gasol...and your NOT GOAT coach (who rode the coatails of Jordan)

you Kobe retire already selfish narsasstic asshole!

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Totally thrown out of context. Considering who started the thread, it'd hardly a surprise.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Kobe fanbois are a joy.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kobe haters are equally amusing. They actually find this kind of trolling an achievement in their daily life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that sound like throwing a teammate under the bus? That's all I'm saying. Taking a quote without any context and then ignorantly assuming what he's doing.

It's not even in defense of Kobe for anything else. He's a horrible person off the court. And he's a washed up has-been chucking for scoring history.

It has more to do with Kobe haters twisting any little thing they can to bash the guy. If any other star player in the league said what Kobe said, would there even be a thread about it? Would people even care. Now read that Kobe quote again with more context that Indazone posted and tell me how bad the quote is.
    Kobe has it so rough, after an entire career of "me first" play and blaming teammates people will read into what he says.

Reputation ing matters. And it's a bad quote when you take almost FOUR TIMES as many shots as anyone else in the starting 5, and then tell your PG to run the offense. Maybe... Kobe should take a step back, realize he has some new teammates, and try to involve them in the offense more? Nah. Too much to ask. He's going to go get his, but then expect everyone to play well around him even as he turns the offense into a black hole.

Teammates get the honor of playing around Kobe. Nevermind things like developing rhythm, offensive flow, or the fact that most of his teammates are still learning the system. He gotta get dat 30ppg to prop his legacy up.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Kobe haters are equally amusing. They actually find this kind of trolling an achievement in their daily life.
    That's Kobe fanbois problem. You think it's trolling to say its laughable for the cancer to take most of the shots and missing, yet still blaming his teammates.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I don't see any trolling or hating, I just see facts.

The problem is that the media has overrated Kirby's image and legacy to such an insane degree that merely pointing out reality is considered "hating." And the reality is that Kirby has always been a role player who thinks he's the first option, a selfish chucker, and a team cancer.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lin went just 2-5 from the field for 6 points with 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers.

Completely unacceptable for him to attempt just 5 shots when he's running the offense. Really does need to assert himself and find a role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could say Kirby was motivating him, but telling Lin what role he needs to have is the coach job's though.

It seems to be Kirby wants Lin to be DFish's type of floor general. Lin isn't that. He's not going to be that, that's not who he is. The reality is that Kobe is going to have to adapt to the crud he has around him, and accept his coach isn't going to play the system he likes. He won't, but that's really what the bottom line is.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lin went just 2-5 from the field for 6 points with 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers.

Completely unacceptable for him to attempt just 5 shots when he's running the offense. Really does need to assert himself and find a role.
    Hard to do when Kirby takes 25 shots In 28 minutes

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Kobe has it so rough, after an entire career of "me first" play and blaming teammates people will read into what he says.

Reputation ing matters. And it's a bad quote when you take almost FOUR TIMES as many shots as anyone else in the starting 5, and then tell your PG to run the offense. Maybe... Kobe should take a step back, realize he has some new teammates, and try to involve them in the offense more? Nah. Too much to ask. He's going to go get his, but then expect everyone to play well around him even as he turns the offense into a black hole.

Teammates get the honor of playing around Kobe. Nevermind things like developing rhythm, offensive flow, or the fact that most of his teammates are still learning the system. He gotta get dat 30ppg to prop his legacy up.
    I'm not defending Kobe. I already said he's a horrible person and a hasbeen who's chucking for scoring records.

What I'm doing is criticizing the premise of this thread, as if there isn't a billion legitimate things to criticize Kobe about. The original post with the original quote is being used to criticize Kobe, and I was just saying I didn't even find the quote as something negative about Kobe. Get more context about the quote, and I actually think it's probably something positive to talk about Kobe. Trying to get his teammate to play more aggressive. Is that really a bad thing, even if it's coming from Kobe?

Thing is with Kobe haters, they'll use anything to try to bash or discredit him. Should Kobe had sulked at the end of the bench and not talked to anyone, someone would have started a thread about how horrible a leader Kobe was for pouting and ignoring his teammates and not talking to them. If Kobe had said something explicitly positive to Lin like, "don't worry, we will get better. Just keep pushing," someone would have started a thread about how delusional Kobe was. That's what I'm saying. But what was Kobe supposed to say to Lin after Lin had 1 assist, 2 turnovers and the starters other than Kobe shot 32% from the field and they get blown out? "Hey, Jeremy, great job. Keep playing exactly how you're playing. We're awesome." I guess no Kobe hater would have criticized that either right?

As bad as Kobe fanbois are, thing is Kobe haters are just as bad, if not worse. There aren't even Kobe fans defending him anymore. They all shut up. They realize he's washed up. There's nothing to defend. He's a salary cap nightmare and he's old and he should have retired already. He hurts his team more than he helps them.

Kobe deserves to eat again for billion other legitimate things. Is this quote really one of them? Reputation, hate, whatever... that's all I'm saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's Kobe fanbois problem. You think it's trolling to say its laughable for the cancer to take most of the shots and missing, yet still blaming his teammates.
    You ever been on a court running with a guy who shoots every time the ball touches his fingers? Yeah. It sort of makes it hard to find decent shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not defending Kobe. I already said he's a horrible person and a hasbeen who's chucking for scoring records.

What I'm doing is criticizing the premise of this thread, as if there isn't a billion legitimate things to criticize Kobe about. The original post with the original quote is being used to criticize Kobe, and I was just saying I didn't even find the quote as something negative about Kobe. Get more context about the quote, and I actually think it's probably something positive to talk about Kobe. Trying to get his teammate to play more aggressive. Is that really a bad thing, even if it's coming from Kobe?

Thing is with Kobe haters, they'll use anything to try to bash or discredit him. Should Kobe had sulked at the end of the bench and not talked to anyone, someone would have started a thread about how horrible a leader Kobe was for pouting and ignoring his teammates and not talking to them. If Kobe had said something explicitly positive to Lin like, "don't worry, we will get better. Just keep pushing," someone would have started a thread about how delusional Kobe was. That's what I'm saying. But what was Kobe supposed to say to Lin after Lin had 1 assist, 2 turnovers and the starters other than Kobe shot 32% from the field and they get blown out? "Hey, Jeremy, great job. Keep playing exactly how you're playing. We're awesome." I guess no Kobe hater would have criticized that either right?

As bad as Kobe fanbois are, thing is Kobe haters are just as bad, if not worse. There aren't even Kobe fans defending him anymore. They all shut up. They realize he's washed up. There's nothing to defend. He's a salary cap nightmare and he's old and he should have retired already. He hurts his team more than he helps them.

Kobe deserves to eat again for billion other legitimate things. Is this quote really one of them? Reputation, hate, whatever... that's all I'm saying.
    And I still completely disagree. You CANNOT take 25 shots and then blame your PG for not being aggressive. Lin probably could have taken more shots, but since there's no offensive flow, they would likely have been bad shots. Then Lin shoots 4-12 and people rip him for A) not giving the ball to Kobe more and B) not being a passing point guard.

Lin is a Harvard grad who's played basketball his entire life. I'm guessing he's not some newborn babe just emerging from the womb who needs to be told to be aggressive. But he IS learning the Lakers system, and that takes time, especially if all ball movement stops when it gets to a particular spot on the court.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 10-30-2014 at 11:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe actually played pretty decent the first 18 minutes. Very reminiscent of what we saw of Melo in New York last season. You've got to have a system to even remotely compete in this era and i'm just surprised the LA front office hasn't realized that yet. They're content with selling tickets for the time being, but at some point you've got to develop in house talent and Kobe doesn't let you do that.

I don't think Tim has ever demanded something out of a player. That's just not his nature. He's like Hakeem who would just go out there and put in work. BTW this is on Byron Scott though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. You've always been a fair Kobe apologist, but Kobe has actually looked pretty decent this year. He looks a lot like Vince Carter from last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW it was djon who started the whole going off on teammates stickh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Nash talked about Kobe dominating the ball and just trying to "fit in" around Kobe. That's 2x mvp steve ing Nash, with the same coach that ran the same offense in PHX, saying that. He was turned into an after thought with Kobe on his team. But noooo, let's blame everyone else for the team sucking... even Dwight Howard who got that scrub Orlando team to the finals.

Granted nash was not the same player as his prime, but neither is Kobe.

What the he'll is Lin supposed to do?

Thread Information