Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk is a funny and fickle beast.

As others have said...you don't get this kind of praise unless you are the standard-bearer; unless you are setting the bar for excellence. As if every other NBA team looking up to the Spurs wasn't enough, we now have teams from the NFL and MLB wanting in on that mentality.

I know that it's not the perfect analogy. The Spurs don't grit and grind like they did from 1999-2007. But just because they had one Finals series that was some of the most beautiful basketball anyone has ever seen...that doesn't take away what made them great. A year ago, everyone would still agree that 98% of people found the Spurs "boring"...are we supposed to believe that has really changed THAT much?

But go ahead and find something else to about, everybody.

Tbh all the internet NBA boards I visit have the vast majority in the camp of Spurs being a fun team to watch. I think it's truly only casual and fly-by fans that still think they're not entertaining.

Most of the contratrians though throw that word around as a deliberate pejorative. Fvck em.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was a compliment

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry obviously hasn't watched a Spurs game in 7 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he means it the sense that no one is talking about them even though they are one of thee top teams in the nfl, much like the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to a Arizona Cardinals board for s and giggles and most of their fans buy into what he said as them being "boring" but getting the job done. He didn't mean it but he unintentionally gave us a back-handed compliment and reinforced a false stereotype about us out of sheer ignorance. He meant well but at the end of the day, who gives a what a ringless past his prime WR thinks about our Spurs?

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Fitzgerald apparently has learned all there is to know about the Spurs from watching ESPN.
    ^ This

ESPN!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS

However, if the improbable happens, that the Raiders relocate to San Antonio, then with their team colors, and potentially having Peter Holt and former Spurs owner Red McCombs investing in them, as well as possible marketing help from the Spurs organization, the Raiders would, in time, become the Spurs of the NFL.

Thread Information