Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy OKC will be tough but still hampered by a ty coach.
    And helped by ty refs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isn't he that Nigerian in Bourne Iden y tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ got picked one slot before me in fantasy. Wanted him badly. Melo looks like a better pick for a while, though.
    i got in my draft room of my 12 man about 20 minutes before it started, saw i had #1 pick, set my queue for anthony davis, and went out to get some food

but i went with Rse and Burke as my main pg's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isn't he that Nigerian in Bourne Iden y tbh?
    yeah same actor. im not gna pretend to know his name, its a full on african name, but i believe that photo is from Oz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah same actor. im not gna pretend to know his name, its a full on african name, but i believe that photo is from Oz
    It is. Character was named Adebisi or something like that. Raped a whole bunch of people in that show. He was also Mr. Eko in Lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got in my draft room of my 12 man about 20 minutes before it started, saw i had #1 pick, set my queue for anthony davis, and went out to get some food

but i went with Rse and Burke as my main pg's
    I had fifth. Was gunning for Russ so hard. James, Davis and Harden were the other three that went before me. Got Bosh in the second, and I think that'll be solid. Really happy that I got Boozer in the ninth or tenth round, since I think he'll do some work this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes at thought of Thunder in lottery.
    Their owner will make them draft another second rounder and sign him to a dleague contract to save money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Durant and Westbrook both injured. That sucks. Horrible luck for OKC thus far.

On the bright side for him though, I fractured my non-shooting hand a few years ago playing ball and was able to play again in 3 weeks so he might return sooner than expected tbh. I know it's his right hand but still. He's young and will heal quickly imo.
    The injury is to his shooting hand. And they have a tendency to linger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not remember any problems when someone had a broken hand in recent years ... shooting hand or not. He will miss 4-6 weeks, come back and be fine. Jones already made himself comfortable and other OKC players will try that too. But the team will not end up in the top 4 now I guess ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The injury is to his shooting hand. And they have a tendency to linger.
    Kawhi fractured his hand/hurt his finger last year in the middle of the season and he shot well after he recovered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ got picked one slot before me in fantasy. Wanted him badly. Melo looks like a better pick for a while, though.
    I got him at #11 and thought I got a steal in the draft, damn........... I wish I got someone else now, but you can never tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty funny how, just a few years ago, the Spurs kept suffering injury after injury, and people on this board we're going ape saying, "Why doesn't this happen to OKC and the Lakers?" How things have changed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now pray the Spurs dont suffer any major injuries and ghe number 1 seed is as good as locked up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay tuned..hopefully it's a broken hand, tbh, Spurs would have a red carpet to the championship..
    Be careful what you wish for.

You don't want OKC to slip to the 4-5 seed (and then get healthy) if Spurs finish #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook out 4-6 weeks, per news reports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thunder are going to have to apply for a hardship and somehow right the ship enough to catch up in the standings. and how the clippers barely eeked that one out is beyond me. clips are so mentally limited.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really don't wish the injury on them.

Fear is that they can sneak into the playoffs and be a really dangerous low seed and knock off a higher seed (like us, clips, etc).

If they don't make it in, they can possibly can a high talent lottery player on there team.

They also use this time to develop some of there younger players. Perry Jones and Roberson get more playing time now. Pays dividends for them down the line and in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could possibly over the Spurs in the playoffs lol, don't want to draw them in the 1st or 2nd round.

Wouldn't that be some if they missed the playoffs lmao, both guys will be out for a few months (I think?) that leaves a lot of games to lose. The West is GOOD, even the east is much better than last year, there aren't a lot of games that are cakewalks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay tuned..hopefully it's a broken hand, tbh, Spurs would have a red carpet to the championship..
    The Clippers, Mavs, Rockets and Warriors all say o.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fear is that they can sneak into the playoffs and be a really dangerous low seed and knock off a higher seed (like us, clips, etc).
    No way they miss the playoffs. Let's say worst-case it is 8 weeks from now before they are fully healthy. That's about 30 games. I could see them going 23-7 if fully healthy, 19-11 with only Westbrook healthy, and 14-16 without either one. I don't think a 9-win difference will be enough to fall all the way into the lottery. They probably would have won around 60 with a full cast the whole year, so 51 wins should be enough for a 6 seed or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they miss the playoffs. Let's say worst-case it is 8 weeks from now before they are fully healthy. That's about 30 games. I could see them going 23-7 if fully healthy, 19-11 with only Westbrook healthy, and 14-16 without either one. I don't think a 9-win difference will be enough to fall all the way into the lottery. They probably would have won around 60 with a full cast the whole year, so 51 wins should be enough for a 6 seed or so.
    That's if they stay healthy. Ibaka's gonna be run into the ground. Jackson is hurt and might not be able to carry the load. Durant may never be himself again, and even if he is, he shouldn't be projected to be great this season. That doesn't even cover the fact that the West is better than it was last year. With only one of their Big Four, it's possible the Thunder only win 7-10 games before Durant comes back. They just don't have a lot of developed talent in jerseys right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^14-16 is very generous. They already had depth issues and they're also missing their starting SG in Morrow for 4-6 weeks. The only thing they have going for them is the relatively weak schedule the next 6 weeks, but they're in trouble with that roster and all the other injuries.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your point Chinook and Splits, but we haven't seen the Thunder play a weak team yet. Even a fully-healthy Thunder squad could very well have started 0-2. But I agree with the injury risk being greater now for Ibaka, and perhaps Westbrook and Durant if they see the team struggling and try to come back too soon, potentially causing re-injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blessing in disguise. Now Steven Adams will take over and go into allstar mode

Steven Adams will carry that team to the WCF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson and Lamb should be coming back now, but it's still gonna be rough for them. I'd be surprised if they had a winning record by December. I'd expect them to be like 4-13 or maybe 6-11 by the time Westbrook finally returns. Maybe I'm underestimating them though.

Thread Information