My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo suffered two fractured transverse process in his back in the loss to the Washington Redskins, but there remains a chance he could play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, according to multiple sources.
    The Cowboys and Romo have stressed this is not related to the disk surgery he had last December and is not a threat to end his season. Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty suffered a similar injury this season and missed just one game.

ESPN's Ed Werder reported Romo would either start or be inactive against the Cardinals. He did not practice all week and is officially listed as questionable.
    The transverse process is a small bone that sticks out from either side of the vertebrae. Romo has been receiving multiple hours of treatment all week at the Cowboys' facility and at home.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...e-process-back

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    He needs some rest before december

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    David J. Chao (@ProFootballDoc), former San Diego team coach and medical expert for the National Football Post, summarized the situation in a series of Tweets as follows:

Transverse process fractures are very painful but NOT structural. NO risk of nerve/paralysis. Possible to play.

Whether ROMO plays will depend on pain, muscle spasm and effectiveness. Coaching decison more than medical decison.

Recently Baylor QB Bryce Petty finished game with 2 transverse process fractures then missed 1 game. Very painful.

Fractures take 6wks to heal. ROMO will play in 0-2wks. Don't need transverse process to heal to play. They often never heal. Non-structural.
    Transverse process fractures can get worse & more painful if hit but will not cause nerve damage, become long term or need surgery.

For now, Dr. Chao's info chimes with what we can glean from various other sources on the interwebs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude should sit but of course probably play after the bye.great it's brandon weeded show vs the cardinals

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Purnell says he's not playing

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Purnell says he's not playing
    Keep him out, lock JJ in the booth

Thread Information