My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how the republicans can obfuscate information to that extent and even shut down the government in a petty fight and still win seats.

Ill tidings for this country going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how the republicans can obfuscate information to that extent and even shut down the government in a petty fight and still win seats.

Their judgment has been clouded by their ideology and their hatred of Obama (who, by virtue of the color of his skin, is a polarizing figure among conservatives). I'm pessimistic that this will continue to be the case when Hilary Clinton (who, by virtue of her gender, is also a polarizing figure in her own right) takes the Presidency in 2016.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be hilarious seeing Obama veto every piece of legislation coming out of congress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their judgment has been clouded by their ideology and their hatred of Obama (who, by virtue of the color of his skin, is a polarizing figure among conservatives). I'm pessimistic that this will continue to be the case when Hilary Clinton (who, by virtue of her gender, is also a polarizing figure in her own right) takes the Presidency in 2016.
    hatred, denying the even the simple legitimacy of ANYBODY non-Repug, goes back to 1994 when ogre Noot Gingrich shutdown the govt.

And started the nasty, filthy politicking, ALL POLITICS, ALL THE TIME, displacing any serious attempt to govern. The Repugs simply aren't interested in governing, only is shifting taxpayers $Ts to the VRWC, BigCorps, 1%, which in return they themselves become wealthy.

And the right-wing witch-hunting, harassment of the WHITE Clintons was another battle in the Repug strategy of ing up, capturing govt for their benefactors BigCorps, Finance, the 1%. Obama being black gave the Repugs the opening to inflame their BLATANTLY racist base (Southern Strategy).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I really dont grok the dynamics of the current GOP quasi-surge...if it even exists. And lol @ Alaska. "Sullivan is flying first class. Begich is in coach. But the weather is bad, and the pilot just came on the intercom to say there won’t be any beverage service and announce the in-flight movie will be “Batman and Robin."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really dont grok the dynamics of the current GOP quasi-surge...if it even exists. And lol @ Alaska. "Sullivan is flying first class. Begich is in coach. But the weather is bad, and the pilot just came on the intercom to say there won’t be any beverage service and announce the in-flight movie will be “Batman and Robin."
    It's the predictable 2nd term dropoff of any President (see 2006)

And the NEW phenomenon, THANKS SCOTUS5/CitUni/VRWC!!, the $100Ms, $Bs, of laundered, dark and "outside" money pouring into tight races, even into judicial races at less-than-state level.

With Congress' approval about 10%, the Repug/VRWC strategy making people disgusted, disaffected with govt so they don't vote, so they approve of punishing govt (aka, themselves) with tax cuts, leaving the elections to the minority of intense right-wingers.

America is for sale, is ed, is un able.

I just hope Obama has the BIG BLACK MUSLIM KENYAN balls to veto all the to cross his desk from a Congress controlled by Repugs.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-01-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the predictable 2nd term dropoff of any President (see 2006) and NEW phenomenon, THANKS SCOTUS5/CitUni!!, the $100Ms, $Bs, of laundered, dark and "outside" money pouring into tight races, even into judicial races at less-than-state level.

With Congress' approval about 10%, the Repug/VRWC strategy making people disgusted, disaffected with govt so they don't vote, so they approve of punishing govt (themselves) with tax cuts, leaving the elections to the minority of intense right-wingers.

America is for sale, is ed, is un able.

I just hope Obama has the BIG BLACK MUSLIM balls to veto all the to cross his desk from a Congress controlled by Repugs.
    Can't wait to see Obamacare repeal bills on his desk twice a month.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They haven't won yet. At least wait until it happens before having your meltdown. Even if they do take the Senate look at the good side, you libs can get back to constantly ing about how terrible this country is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready for a depression if the Republicans regain all 3 branches, and that comes from someone who has mostly voted Republican in the past. For the love of all that's good, I plead with Democrats to be persuasive and get votes. Calling people stupid is not a strategy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get ready for a depression if the Republicans regain all 3 branches
    and war, pestilence, famine, and death.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see Obamacare repeal bills on his desk twice a month.
    along with medicaid as block grants to the states, SS diverted into Wall St's greedy, secret, fee-stealing hands, etc, etc.

House Repugs will continue defunding govt, which will continue stalling economic recovery, even creating a recession, but the Repug politicains are all $M+ wealthy and of course their paymaster even more so.

Thread Information