Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that Obamacare will be gutted by the SCOTUS5 by insisting on the literal ERRONEOUS wording about federal subsidies NOT for state exchanges MUST be respected.

Any veto by Obama will bring on impeachment talk, but probably a veto isn't necessary. Racist Repugs want the n!gg@ lynched.

The Repugs will continue to gut government at all levels, eg Ryan's austerity, which will put the Repug-stalled recovery into full recession.

iow, since Repug criminal Nixon, NOTHING positive from the Repugs for the 99%, for the country. Just protecting, enriching the 1% and BigCorps.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-05-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House Repugs already polluted their science committees with science deniers, now it's the Senate's turn

Congratulations, Voters. You Just Made This Climate Denier the Most Powerful Senator on the Environment.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ment-committee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s in store for new Senate? Much of the same gridlock and grind.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/2014/11/04/313e831a-5337-11e4-892e-602188e70e9c_story.html?hpid=z4

Anybody have any different predictions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, another echo chamber for bouts

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What's that? I can't hear you. Speak up a little louder please.

sha na na na na kneeeees Axl Rose's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1) close the border
    2) deport the illegals
    3) boost domestic birth rates
    4) reform education both k-12 and college to make it more affordable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victory Assured, G.O.P. to Act Fast in Promoting Agenda in Congress

Energy

Approving the Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada could be fertile ground for agreement with Democrats who have differed with the White House on the issue. Combining the pipeline with new energy exports, expanded exploration and added efficiency could build a bipartisan consensus on energy policy.

Budget and Spending

Republican leaders in the House and Senate say that reaching a deal on a budget will be crucial not only to prove they can do it, but to allow conservatives to put their imprint on a nonbinding fiscal plan.

Senator Jeff Sessions, the conservative Alabama Republican who will lead the Budget Committee, has had his staff looking at federal spending for months in hopes of proposing a budget that would be balanced in as little as a decade. But despite wide sentiment among Republicans for cuts, a divide exists within the party.

Some Republicans would like to reverse a series of Pentagon spending constraints

In March, for the first time since Mr. Obama took office, Republicans will also have to find a way to pass an increase in the debt limit as the majority party — a difficult task given that the debt limit has become such a lightning rod for conservatives who object to any increase in federal borrowing power. Another test will come in May, when a temporary fix to the federal highway program expires, leaving Republicans to find a solution to a program that has been the subject of funding disputes.

Taxes

A sweeping overhaul of the entire tax code is another top priority for the new majority, one that at least in theory has some Democratic support.

Health Care

It is a delicate topic, but top Republicans acknowledge they cannot repeal the health care law, particularly with Mr. Obama in office to veto any such effort. They will no doubt take some repeal votes, but their initial focus could be on smaller changes.

For instance, a medical device tax used to pay for the law has met bipartisan opposition from lawmakers who represent manufacturers, and a repeal of the tax could pass Congress. At the same time, a bipartisan group of lawmakers has also called for returning the health law’s definition of full-time work to 40 hours from 30,

Trade

This is one area where the Obama administration and Republicans should be able to find common ground. Republicans are enthusiastic advocates of increased trade, and the president is eager to get the added authority to negotiate new trade deals and win approval of a trade agreement with nations on the Pacific Rim.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/06...ress.html?_r=0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen that Repugs want to gut CFPB and remove restrictions on the finance sector, so finance is even more free to screw us all again.

I suppose that would include letting payday lenders and used car dealers to continue screw the poor.

Repugs will probably kill any investigation into for-profit colleges for lying to students while getting taxpayer funded loans.

Repugs will also block any attempt to re-finance $1T+ of student debt.

All very nasty, unsurprising Repug stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freshmen wingnut Repugs!

Five Of The Craziest Conspiracy Theories That The Freshman Republican Class Will Bring To Congress

Here are five conspiracy theories that newly elected members of the United States Congress will be bringing with them to Washington next year:

1)
    Agenda 21 is Coming!

Agenda 21, a two-decade-old non-binding treaty on sustainable development methods, recently emerged as the latest source of right-wing anxiety.

Ted Cruz predicted that Agenda 21 will bring an end to paved roads and golf courses and Glenn Beck wrote a dystopian thriller about its dire consequences.

Senator-elect
    Joni Ernst, a Republican of Iowa, shares their fears. Last year, Ernst predicted that Agenda 21 agents may start “moving people off of their agricultural land and consolidating them into city centers and then telling them that you don’t have property rights anymore. These are all things that the UN is behind and it’s bad for the United States, bad for families here in the state of Iowa.”

She later warned that Agenda 21 will compel people to move into designated “urban centers” and “take away our individual liberties, our freedoms as United States citizens.”

2)
    Just Making Stuff Up About ISIS

Never mind the fact that there have been exactly zero official reports of ISIS members coming to the U.S. via the southern border, “closing the border” has emerged as a leading Republican talking point when describing how they plan to fight the terrorist group.

Tom Cotton, the Arkansas congressman who won his race for U.S. Senate yesterday, said during his campaign that his opponent and President Obama are “refusing to secure our border” and as a result,

ISIS is now at the gates: “Groups like the Islamic State collaborate with drug cartels in Mexico who have clearly shown they’re willing to expand outside the drug trade into human trafficking and potentially even terrorism. They could infiltrate our defenseless border and attack us right here in places like Arkansas.”

The conspiracy theory about ISIS infiltrating the U.S. through the border with Mexico first emerged on the conspiracy theory outlet WorldNetDaily and, as these things typically go, was then picked up by pundits on Fox News. Eventually, the fallacious claim became a great way for Republican candidates like David Perdue and Thom Tillis to attack their opponents on both foreign policy and immigration reform in one talking point.

3)
    Beware Blood Moons

While conservative politicians have denounced the science behind climate change as a big lie, some are very interested in the “science” behind “blood moons,” with more Religious Right activists arguing that lunar eclipses are actually signs of God’s impending judgment against America for policies such as abortion rights and LGBT equality.

Jody Hice, a Georgia Republican who just won a seat in the U.S. House, for example, told listeners on his talk radio show that the appearance of blood moons “have preceded world-changing, shaking-type events.”

“I certainly am aware of the fact that every time there have been blood moons like this, there have been major events that have followed,” he said.

Perhaps Congress should move to study blood moons rather than climate change!

4)
    Gay Recruitment in the Classroom

Are sex-ed classes just a secret plot to turn kids gay? Yes, according to Wisconsin state senator and soon-to-be U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman, who once warned that some school classes are the result of an “agenda which is left unsaid is that some of those who throw it out as an option would like it if more kids became sexuals.”

Grothman instead proposed that schools enact their own “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policies, lest growing support for gay rights in the U.S. lead to divine punishment.

Hice, as it happens, shares Grothman concerns about gay recruitment, once citing a satirical 1987 essay to claim that
    gay people want to “sodomize your sons” and “seduce them in your schools.”

5)
    Iden y of the Antichrist Revealed!

At least one Republican candidate knows the
    true iden y of the Antichrist, and it’s Hillary Clinton.

Ryan Zinke, the successful Montana GOP U.S. House candidate who helped launch the Super PAC Special Operations for America, told a Republican group that Clinton is Satan’s bride, and he knows this to be so because he speaks the truth:

“It’s time to stop the lies. Let’s talk about the truth,” Zinke said. “Who trusts the U.S. government?” he asked rhetorically. “No one in this room. I’ve served in 25 nations. I’ve seen where people don’t trust their government.

We’re there. In the military, the last option is to send in the SEALs.”...

Zinke said he wants to restore truth, grace, honor and decency, which he called “our moral compass. It’s always been Judeo-Christian,” he said. With the present administration, “It’s whatever you can get away with. I will never bow to pressure. I will do what’s right,” he said.
    “We need to focus on the real enemy,” he said, referring to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whom he called the “anti-Christ.”

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....bUCsEiqR.dpuf

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons is excited! good to have you back ol pal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell, Boehner in WSJ: Repeal Obamacare

http://www.newsmax.com/

Ted Cruz says Republicans will repeal Obamacare

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...uck-with-that/

At the Abbot's victory party (he RAN a great campaign), both Cruz and Cornyn said they will repeal ACA and/or destroy it piece by piece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boner Says Congress May Not Act On Immigration Reform, No Matter What Obama Does

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) told reporters Thursday that he wouldn’t guarantee a House floor vote on immigration reform, even if President Obama held back on taking executive action. Boehner added that the “flood of kids” from Central America who came across the border in increasing numbers this year ruined the immigration debate entirely.

“What held us back last year was a flood of kids coming to the border because of the actions that the President had already taken,”

http://thinkprogress.org/immigration...cutive-action/

Boner also threatened Obama if Obama takes ANY executive action on immigration. I expect House scrotum suckers will impeach Obama for ANY executive orders.

Repugs had 2001 - 2008 for immigration reform, did nothing.

Repugs had 2010 - 2014 for immigration reform, did nothing, while not even voting on bi-partisan immigration bill passed in the Senate.

Repugs LOVE illegal immigrants and want to keep the immigration broken because it's such an effective Repug campaign topic that really inflames their racist/xenophobic base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I consider myself a diehard liberal, but next to boutons_deux, I feel like a moderate by comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I consider myself a diehard liberal, but next to boutons_deux, I feel like a moderate by comparison.
    ya got me wrong, like most assholes here. Being anti-Repug is anti-American terrist/communist ACCORDING TO REPUG PROPAGANDA, which is of course a Repug LIE.

Being anti-Repug is the most patriotic position, so I'm a UNARMED Super-Patriot.

I'm more VEHEMENTLY anti-Repug/conservative/teabagger/libertarian (and what fun that is!) than I am librul.

And how can any one be pro-Dem when the Dems just got their butts beat in wimpy campaign by NOT pointing out all the good stuff Obama and Dems have done IN SPITE of Repug 100% obstruction, and NOT pointing out all the the Repugs have visited on USA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got a email back from Krazy Kruz

"Dear Len,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the federal budget and government spending. Input from cons uents significantly informs my decision-making and empowers me to better represent the state.

Washington is addicted to spending. For the first time in our history, we have seen trillion dollar deficits. Our national debt has surpassed $17 trillion, and the federal debt limit continues to be raised without any serious attempt to roll it back. Politicians from both parties are responsible, and our economy suffers as a result. Washington's out of control spending crowds out private investment, slows economic growth, and burdens future generations with the bill.

My wife and I have two little girls. When my oldest was born in 2008, our national debt was $10 trillion. In her short life, the national debt increased more than 60 percent. Our children should not be held responsible for our reckless spending, and what we are doing to our kids and grandkids is fundamentally immoral. Families and businesses all across America have to balance their budgets, and it is past time for our government to do the same.

Congress should pass real reforms that limit government spending and pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Cons ution that will force Washington to live within its means. In the meantime, sequester remains the law of the land until Congress either develops a new and improved solution or enacts reforms that truly limit the overall size of government.

I will continue opposing debt limit increases
    that do nothing but feed Washington's addiction, and I will continue working with willing partners to fundamentally reduce the size of the federal government.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any issue important to your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of Texas.
    For Liberty,

Senator Ted Cruz"

So nobody be surprised if Krazy Kruz gets the tea bagger senators and reps together to shut down govt again.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-09-2014 at 02:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a corporate tax amnesty to allow multiinationals to repatriate funds currently being held overseas for tax reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to argue that repatriating 2 trillion+ wouldn't help the US economy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberal economic policy has proven not to work time and time again. Moderates know this and all witnessed the carnage on Tues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a corporate tax amnesty to allow multiinationals to repatriate funds currently being held overseas for tax reasons.
    This and more than this. Lower the corporate tax and capital gains tax. Allow businesses to expand, create jobs and keep investment money in America. Good gosh, this isn't rocket science. Economics 101.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to argue that repatriating 2 trillion+ wouldn't help the US economy
    pure bull

Repugs allowed BigPharma et al to repatriate $300B almost tax free in the mid-2000s with BigPharma promising to hire. BigPharma got their $300B and immediately laid off 10Ks.

Companies have already been flush for $2T+ cash a few years now (tax evasion, tax avoidance are wonderful!), using it for stock buybacks, pushing up their stock prices to benefit of their mgmt and wealthy stockholders, not for investments, jobs, anything useful to Human-Americans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch McConnell Says His Top Priority Is To ‘Get The EPA Reined In’

On Thursday, incoming Senate Majority Leader and Kentucky Republican Mitch McConnell said that when it comes to serving his home state, his top priority is “to try to do whatever I can to get the EPA reined in.”

As it stands, McConnell said the only good tool with which to stifle the EPA “is through the spending process, and if (President Barack Obama) feels strongly enough about it, he can veto the bill.”

What this means is that McConnell will have a hard time killing the EPA’s carbon pollution regulations without shutting down the government, a thing he has already pledged not to do.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...rity-rein-epa/

This old, senile bas thinks he has a mandate for more polluted water, land,air, more sick, dead people. Ever him talking about rampant black lung and deaths among his cons uents, or toxic coal ash pollution, or methyl mercury everywhere?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-07-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders Delivers A Gut Punch To the Republican Agenda To Screw Ordinary Americans

Here’s the interesting point. You talk about Republican principles.

The Republicans forgot to tell the American people what their principles are, so let me make a prediction. Let me make a prediction, and a year from now invite me back and we’ll see if I am right or wrong.

This is exactly what they will do:

The American people want to expand Social Security. What the Republicans will do is attempt to cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid and give huge tax breaks to the wealthy and large corporation.

They will do exactly what the American people don’t want them to do.

You talked about raising the minimum wage. They don’t believe in that. They want to do away with the concept of the minimum wage, so people will work for five bucks or four bucks an hour.
    ….

They will make the effort, and you talk about the Republican principles are to make the very richest people in this country richer at the expense of working families.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/11/...iticus+USA+%29

If Repugs pass TPP, Obama will sign, and the entire planet will be ed for decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch McConnell Says His Top Priority Is To ‘Get The EPA Reined In’

On Thursday, incoming Senate Majority Leader and Kentucky Republican Mitch McConnell said that when it comes to serving his home state, his top priority is “to try to do whatever I can to get the EPA reined in.”

As it stands, McConnell said the only good tool with which to stifle the EPA “is through the spending process, and if (President Barack Obama) feels strongly enough about it, he can veto the bill.”

What this means is that McConnell will have a hard time killing the EPA’s carbon pollution regulations without shutting down the government, a thing he has already pledged not to do.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...rity-rein-epa/

This old, senile bas thinks he has a mandate for more polluted water, land,air, more sick, dead people. Ever him talking about rampant black lung and deaths among his cons uents, or toxic coal ash pollution, or methyl mercury everywhere?
    Man i wish Larry Flynt would run another of his Million or so Dollars for dirt on these hypocrits.
    McConnel with farm animals and who knows what else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP Majority Will Try To Dismantle Carbon Emissions Rules

Just days after the midterm elections, Republicans are picking the big targets at which to aim their new majorities, and the federal effort to cut carbon emissions is one of them.

on Sunday morning, newly-minted Senator S ey Moore Capito (R-WV) told Fox News Sunday’s Chris Wallace that she will be “extremely aggressive” in her attempts to roll back the EPA rules.

“The president’s policies are disenfranchising my part of the country,” Capito continued. “We’ve been picked as a loser, and I’m not going to stand for it. Rolling back the EPA regulations is the way to do it.”

the Republicans’ ambitions also extend well beyond EPA’s power plant regulations. “Republican lawmakers are planning an all-out assault on Obama’s environmental agenda, including rules on mercury and other air toxics from power plants, limits on ground-level ozone that causes smog, mountaintop mining restrictions and the EPA’s attempt to redefine its jurisdiction over streams and ponds,” the outlet reported. The Interior Department is also in the crosshairs, with rules due to come soon on hydraulic fracturing on public land and protecting streams from mining waste.”

“It’ll be a combined effort of using the appropriations process and the legislative process and the oversight process to put pressure on the administration prior to finalization,” a senior GOP aide told The Hill. “And then, once they’re final, if they’re still onerous and job-killing and harmful to the economy, then we’ll fight them there as well.”

The Republicans will have several options for going after the regulations. The first is the Congressional Review Act which, as the Center for American Progress noted, gives Congress the tools to shutdown major rulemakings in the interim time period between their announcement and finalization. This would require a majority vote of disapproval in both chambers of Congress, and in the Senate the Democrats would not be able to use the filibuster. Thanks to Tuesday’s midterm election, the Republicans now have the numbers to do this, and the rule for existing power plants won’t be finalized until mid-2015.

The second, which wouldn’t stop the rules but could slow them down, would be for Republicans to use their new command of various Senate committees to launch a new round of investigations into EPA’s regulations.

The final option, as the GOP aide mentioned, is to attach laws defunding EPA’s power plant rules to the next bill Congress puts together to fund the federal government.

These appropriations bills have to be passed at regular intervals to keep the government operating, but they must also make it past President Obama’s veto power. So this would essentially set up a game of chicken between the President and the Republicans, with the EPA regulation as the stakes and a government shutdown as the consequence if neither side caves.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...rule-shutdown/

It doesn't take a genius like me to know the Repugs will ALWAYS up the country, up Human-Americans, up the environment, because that's the 1%/VRWC/BigCorp pay them to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz, Lee Already Prepping To Delay AG Nominee Over 'Executive Amnesty'

The same day that President Obama nominated Loretta Lynch to be the next attorney general, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) signaled that it won't be an easy process.

"President Obama’s Attorney General nominee deserves fair and full consideration of the United States Senate, which is precisely why she should not be confirmed in the lame duck session of Congress by senators who just lost their seats and are no longer accountable to the voters," the senators said in a Saturday statement.

Cruz and Lee also said they would question Lynch over immigration.

"The Attorney General is the President's chief law enforcement officer. As such, the nominee must demonstrate full and complete commitment to the law. Loretta Lynch deserves the opportunity to demonstrate those qualities, beginning with a statement whether or not she believes the President’s executive amnesty plans are cons utional and legal,"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

So there absolutely won't be any Kumbaya between Congress and WH.

Repugs will go 100% scorched earth obstruction, and destruction of the little that Obama/Dems hasn't already been obstructed, destroyed.

Thanks, all you mofo right-wingers who elect these mofos.

Thread Information