Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to make up for Dixon now.

I'd drop Rivers and add RG3 or Kapernick. Dropping Gronk and adding Gates would save you quite a bit as well. Martavis Bryant is great value for 7000....and fill the rest with the money you saved. Also not sure about Antonio...Big Ben has been poor on the road and that is a lot of money to bank on Antonio. You can get away with Bryant at his cost but if Brown busts you are done.

I wanna sticky this thread

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Gave it a shot today... looks like I'll come 3/10.. pretty ty at fantasy.

Tips?
    Play leagues with more people or play the 50/50 leagues.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Should get one going in the NFL forum. Would give me a reason to post in there again.

The key is saving and moving around the extra 200 dollars wherever you can.

I play a 4500 kicker every week and rarely spend more than 4700 on a defense. You can get such better players with the extra money saved. Kelvin Benjamin is another great value at 6600 this week. Jerrick McKinnon too if he plays, only 5500.

Find those guys first and fill your roster afterwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid question but is it all based on total points?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and no. It's total points, but different things have different values. For example a QB throwing a TD is 4 points, while a WR catching a TD is 6 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and no. It's total points, but different things have different values. For example a QB throwing a TD is 4 points, while a WR catching a TD is 6 points.
    NFL is a no no..

In basketball, would rebounds counts as two points? How does the total points add up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 1 rebound and two points is = 3 points in total?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think the best strategy is playing the same lineup over and over. What I mean by that is FanDuel is tough because of variablity. On most nights for example, Curry will be a very high scoring player, but on any given night, he may have a dud like tonight. I have noticed that on lineups I really like, if I played that same lineup every night I probably would have won more often than not.

Obviously it's difficult to do that because the same teams don't play every night and human nature makes us gun-shy when a guy has a bad night, but if you can limit the volatility you probably will do better.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

I just started looking back through my history and I realized that the leagues I were entering then were much smaller....50-250 people and my scores were lower but I was winning about the same amount of money I am now. I may switch up my league strategy next week and enter 5 smaller ones now that my point totals are consistently higher. To win big in the 60000 person leagues you need like 175-200 points and every single player on your team has to go nuts. I still have like one or two players that clunk and I'd have better luck in a smaller league I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 1 rebound and two points is = 3 points in total?
    different stats have different values

3-pt FG = 3pts
    2-pt FG = 2pts
    FT = 1pt
    Rebound = 1.2pts
    Assist = 1.5pts
    Block = 2pts
    Steal = 2pts
    Turnover = -1pt

just add up all ur points end of the night and thats it. you don't need to balance your stats around... just get a lot of them. although u have to fill positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NFL is a no no..

In basketball, would rebounds counts as two points? How does the total points add up?
    Ya - I'd have to look but points are 1 point each (so a 2PT shot made is 2 points, 3PTM is 3). But rebounds/assists/steals/blocks are all like 1.2 to 1.5 points ect..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, on the volatility note, if your goal is to truly make money, it's best to steer clear of big tournaments. If you do the 50/50 leagues or one on ones, your chances will improve. Obviously, it's smaller dollar amounts you win, but if long-term winning is your main goal, then that's probably the best way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    different stats have different values

3-pt FG = 3pts
    2-pt FG = 2pts
    FT = 1pt
    Rebound = 1.2pts
    Assist = 1.5pts
    Block = 2pts
    Steal = 2pts
    Turnover = -1pt

just add up all ur points end of the night and thats it. you don't need to balance your stats around... just get a lot of them. although u have to fill positions
    Ya - I'd have to look but points are 1 point each (so a 2PT shot made is 2 points, 3PTM is 3). But rebounds/assists/steals/blocks are all like 1.2 to 1.5 points ect..
    Thanks

Going to give this game an hour of strategizing tomorrow after work..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, on the volatility note, if your goal is to truly make money, it's best to steer clear of big tournaments. If you do the 50/50 leagues or one on ones, your chances will improve. Obviously, it's smaller dollar amounts you win, but if long-term winning is your main goal, then that's probably the best way to go.
    I don't think I'll ever win big with these kind of stuff...

doing this for fun tbh...Pumped up.

Reminds of my NHL pool last year but it was for the whole season instead of a game day.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The 50/50's are the best. I'm chasing bigger money now but will have to go back to winning those regularly to build my bank back up.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last place in my $2 nba tourney picked 6 $3500 players

All I do is the $1 and $2 nba tourneys. I don't have confidence in any one lineup so if I put together a good one it better be in a tourney with a big field tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to make money, but want to have fun. I just play games that 50K peole play for $1 or $2 and if I hit I win like 2K. It's more fun to me.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogut putting up big numbers for me. Too bad the rest of my lineup wasn't great. Looks like I'll get my $6 worth of tourney entries plus $1.50. Just more entry money. Makes the games a lot more interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol finished 39 out of 80.....which is the same as finishing first.lolol.

When do I see the winnings added to my total?

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just signed up, set up one game for tonight out of UTA/DAL, CLE/DEN, SAC/PHX to test the waters. Looks like fun.

Basic premise:

-You join matches, which range from $1 and go up for buy-in. There are different kind of matches like tournaments, H2H, and 50/50 (where you win a certain percentage if you are in the top 50%).
    -You choose players from a set of games chosen from that night. It might include all games, it might include just a few.
    -You are given a salary cap and you create a fantasy style team from those players (2 PG, 2 SG, 2 SF, 2 PF, 1 C). Player's salaries are higher if they have higher fantasy value (i.e. Lebron was nearly a fifth of my salary cap)
    -Players score points base on stats (Point = 1pt, Rebound = 1.2pts, Assist = 1.5pts, Block = 2pts, Steal = 2pts, Turnover = -1pt)
    So, I just joined tonight and want to make sure I understand... It is like fantasy league but players are chosen daily and reset for each game/league?

Is there a FAQ someplace I can check out just so I understand the rules?

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a line up that I think will be good for tomorrow. We will see....

Will update with my wins/loses on Saturday.
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-14-2014 at 02:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol finished 39 out of 80.....which is the same as finishing first.lolol.

When do I see the winnings added to my total?
    Ok, I see the $9 I won from the $5 tournament.

.....and the $0.20 from the promo code bonus....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What lineup you guys gonna go with tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to give away secrets but since I love you guys so much...

Rotowire has a pretty good algorithm for calculating value on each player. It isn't perfect by any means, but it also is not just averaging total points vs. cost. It seems to take into consideration things like opponent, road vs. home, past performances vs. team, etc. It tends to recommend the same scrub over and over (Danny Green, Manu, KJ McDaniels) so I usually don't just plugin the optimized lineup, but when looking for cheap pieces it's useful to choose the position and sort by value to get some ideas.

Use at your own risk: http://www.rotowire.com/daily/nba/optimizer.htm

Thread Information