Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pre-ordered.

Cant Wait.

Of course PC is the way to go. Dragon Age 2 was a disaster by trying to cater to consoles, especially when DA:O was specifically designed as a successor to games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-09-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been wanting to get into RPGs lately and I think this one is a good enough re-start for me. Seriously thinking about getting it.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been wanting to get into RPGs lately and I think this one is a good enough re-start for me. Seriously thinking about getting it.
    You should really check out DA:O just to get into the lore... it is one of the best RPG's since Baldurs Gate and the graphics, while not "next Gen", still hold up today. You can probably get it for real cheap on Steam or Origin these days and it is WELL worth it. Only do Dragon Age 2 if you REALLY want to get into the lore that leads up to Dragon Age Inquisition... They really on the franchise with that game trying to cater to consoles, as evidence by the way they designed DA3.
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-09-2014 at 02:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like everything EA touches, they ing murdered this franchise... hopefully they can redeem themselves with this one, although that "Not connected to Dragon Age servers" doesn't look all that positive, tbh

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like everything EA touches, they ing murdered this franchise... hopefully they can redeem themselves with this one, although that "Not connected to Dragon Age servers" doesn't look all that positive, tbh
    From every review I have heard/read, the game is amazing. The story might be a bit of a wash and the final boss may be forgettable, but from what I have read "rushing" through the game takes 85-90 hours for the main story alone and there is still a TON of content to explore beyond that.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should really check out DA:O just to get into the lore... it is one of the best RPG's since Baldurs Gate and the graphics, while not "next Gen", still hold up today. You can probably get it for real cheap on Steam or Origin these days and it is WELL worth it. Only do Dragon Age 2 if you REALLY want to get into the lore that leads up to Dragon Age Inquisition... They really on the franchise with that game trying to cater to consoles, as evidence by the way they designed DA3.
    To clarify with why I think they ruined it with DA2 (It was EA, no doubt about it)....

DA:O was a DELIBERATE homage to the old Infinity Engine days (Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape). Bioware EXPLICETLY said that they were doing DA:O to bring back those games.... Then after DA:O was a success they sold out to EA... and it all went to . DA2 comes out and it is not only "dumbed down" for consoles (NOTHING resembling the original mission of DA:O bringing back the "Infinity Engine" feel), they resorted to using the same 15-20 maps for every single location, just with ty concrete looking doors blocking off passages that you may or may not have been down before, ALL throughout the game.

What you just read may confuse you, let me clarify on why this was bad. When you start DA2 and you start doing quests through certain areas, you would notice these peculiar generic concrete looking doors that you could not pass.... Only to find later in the game you end up in essentially the same map except these concrete blocks have moved locations allowing you access to areas you have or have not been before... This is a theme all through the game and amounted to about less than 20 original locations In an RPG.

Don't get it twisted though, the story and dialog was pretty damn good, but when you are 30 hours into the game and running through the same dungeon you went through at the start of the game for the 20th time in an RPG, it leaves a bitter taste.

Needless to say, people were pissed. The DLC released later addressed some of this, but it was not enough. Hence the big ambitious release of Inquisition.

hopefully they got it right, and from what I have seen and read, they did. Ultimately, we will find out Monday at midnight. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-15-2014 at 02:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From every review I have heard/read, the game is amazing. The story might be a bit of a wash and the final boss may be forgettable, but from what I have read "rushing" through the game takes 85-90 hours for the main story alone and there is still a TON of content to explore beyond that.

DA2 wasn't just "dumbed down for console". I played DA:O and DA2 both on the XBox 360, and the DA2 was just a terrible game even in consoles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is out in the woods for the 360, alongside FC4 and EDI...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ playing the 360 version of anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it's a good game, it doesn't matter... now the question is what to play after finishing Rogue... decisions, decisions

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    @ playing the 360 version of anything
    Nono is old school.

He plays for the story, could care less about graphics.

I mean they're nice but I'm also into the story of a game, too.

I've always found the Assasin's Creed games to have good story but terrible gameplay mechanics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 360 is showing it's age, tbh... but it's still HD graphics, it's not like I'm playing on the SNES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it's a good game, it doesn't matter... now the question is what to play after finishing Rogue... decisions, decisions
    These should play great on your 16-bit 360.. (just bustin' ya bwalls)

Far Cry 4 - 11/8
    WWE 2k15
    Escape Dead Island? (this one is iffy unless you are a zombie guy)
    Shadow of Mordor - 11/18
    Dragon Age - 11/18 (I know nothing about this franchise, but you steal all of your games so who cares. Get it.)

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Im gonna crack my XB360... already got a XB1 so it is not like I need the XB360 anymore......

When I went to get the XB1 BestBuy offered me $4 for my XB360.... seriously..... $4.

Gonna crack that for sure.

If I destroy it in the process, ohh well, Im out $4 apparently...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These should play great on your 16-bit 360.. (just bustin' ya bwalls)

Far Cry 4 - 11/8
    WWE 2k15
    Escape Dead Island? (this one is iffy unless you are a zombie guy)
    Shadow of Mordor - 11/18
    Dragon Age - 11/18 (I know nothing about this franchise, but you steal all of your games so who cares. Get it.)
    I borrowed FC4, EDI and DAI... not a fan of WWE, and never been a fan of LOTR, so I'm on the fence on det one...

Not into zombie games, BUT Dead Island games have been more about whacking than "horror" stuff... we'll see.

I'm leaning FC4, but I heard good stuff about DAI, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I borrowed FC4, EDI and DAI... not a fan of WWE, and never been a fan of LOTR, so I'm on the fence on det one...

Not into zombie games, BUT Dead Island games have been more about whacking than "horror" stuff... we'll see.

I'm leaning FC4, but I heard good stuff about DAI, tbh
    Dude, DI Riptide was a steaming pile of . I actually bought that too..the ship opening stage was awesome IMO, but within a few hours you realize how repe ive the game is, and how lazy the developers were. So many ty animations , it killed it for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ "being on the fence" over a pirated game too btw

"I'm not risking 6 GB's of data on that !"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, DI Riptide was a steaming pile of . I actually bought that too..the ship opening stage was awesome IMO, but within a few hours you realize how repe ive the game is, and how lazy the developers were. So many ty animations , it killed it for me.
    Games like that look awesome mid-april when there's absolutely jack to play tho.

@ "being on the fence" over a pirated game too btw

"I'm not risking 6 GB's of data on that !"
    you'll be surprised how many games take longer to download than to trash em... there's so much garbage selling for $50-$60 these days...

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have probably got about 30 games on Steam that I originally pirated....

And that doesn't include the games I got on Origin, FilePlanet (now owned by gamestop I think), GOG, and a myriad of games from other places.

Yes, I pirate , but I also pay if it is worth it. If not, It is deleted. Not worth my Hard Drive space.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like that look awesome mid-april when there's absolutely jack to play tho.

you'll be surprised how many games take longer to download than to trash em... there's so much garbage selling for $50-$60 these days...

I could go download the pre-load files of Farcry 4 and DAI and get the crack within a day or so after release if I wanted to TBH. Been keeping up with DAI for a while now so I paid for the deluxe edition on Origin.... Farcry 4 will have to wait but I hear it is awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I buy a lot of the good stuff I play too, tbh... it's just such a minefield out there these days... sometimes I fire up something and legitimately feel bad for the dude that dropped $60 on that ...

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I buy a lot of the good stuff I play too, tbh... it's just such a minefield out there these days... sometimes I fire up something and legitimately feel bad for the dude that dropped $60 on that ...
    Yeah, I don't think I could count the amount of out there that screwed people over.... Probably the most recent was Watchdogs for me.... I pirated that , played 20 min of it and deleted it. So over hyped.

Besides that, the last 2 I pirated was Wasteland 2 and Lords of Xulima.... bought both of them and they are worth it IMHO.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got this the day of launch (70 bucks...way too expensive imo) and still haven't competed it yet. i've played a few hours every day too. great great game if you need something to invest in for awhile. could easily get 200 hours out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    about done with FC4... good to hear DAI is good, it's up next

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    about done with FC4... good to hear DAI is good, it's up next

it starts out a little slow but just wait until after you choose mage or templars then it really picks up

Thread Information