Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't give up on Cojo, plz... your support helped him last season, IMO.
    Gonna have to buy me a cojo jersey, tbh. If I can find one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to switch gears... does Tony has anything to prove tonight against the "current" #1 PG in the game?

Will he ask Pop to guard Curry?
    I don't think so. Last night against CP3 would have been the better 'statement' I think. It occurred to me while watching the game that last night was one of the relatively few times that Tony did not out-play CP3 when I have been watching. But last night Paul had a better game.

Curry is just such a long-distance scorer, I don't think that TP considers them in the same category.

I would assume that Green or Kawhi would guard Curry, especially since Klay may be out tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 games is also too small a sample to say Parker has been playing great and "bringing it every night".
    He leads our team in scoring and is one of only 2 Spurs scoring more than 12 PPG. Where are the threads about how Diaw (big contract) and Kawhi (potential max deal) are underperforming? Does one game from Kawhi offset his 12ppg average so far this season?

As far as Parker's decline, we have a lot more than 6 games. Parker didn't look all that great in the reg season last year and that play carried over to the playoffs. In fact, Parker hasn't looked like an all-star calibre guard since the 2013 season.
    And Parker was gimpy much of last year, in addition to playing Nationals, so he had a LOT of miles on him. Amazingly enough, he still led the Spurs in scoring in the post-season.

Duncan, Leonard, Manu, Joseph, and Bellineli have all been pretty solid.
    I already stated Duncan has been good. Manu is great as long as he isn't asked to play 32+ minutes per night, something Tony IS asked to do, including back to backs.

Joseph has had, what, two decent games? And against the 2nd units of the other team.

Beli. The worst defender on the team gets a free pass, but Tony doesn't? k.

Two of those guys are better than expected(Cory and Marco) and it pains me to say that because I hate both players. On/Off numbers for the relevant players on the team:

+15.2 - Duncan
    +13.9 - Leonard
    +13.5 - Manu
    +11.2 - Belinelli
    +4.5 - Joseph
    0.0 - Baynes
    -1.2 - Boris
    -7.1 - Bonner
    -22.2 - Parker
    -22.9 - Green

No excuse for Tony to be so underwhelming when he's only 32. Compare that to Duncan and Manu who are both near 40. Green and Boris have also been awful - both need to step it up.
    6 games into the season. Put your ing pitchforks away. It's embarrassing.

I was talking about 2013 Kobe who had efficient box score numbers(but was negatively impacting his team overall). You brought up Tony's efficiency and claimed that he was playing great based on one box score metric. Just as bad as Kobe fans. Watch the games and stop looking at box scores.
    Point to where I said Tony has been playing great. Please. I dare you. Kindly ignore this snippet:

Tony hasn't been playing great.
    But I'm going to end this because apparently defending a player on Spurstalk (specifically Tony) means I think he's an MVP candidate, which is laughable. Learn to construct an argument that doesn't fabricate statements that are nearly in complete opposition to what I've said, and we'll talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually Parker outplayed CP3 in the 4th quarter in the Clippers game. CP3 didn't score one single basket for a good stretch and I remembered the Clippers got completely shut down for a long period of time.

All thanks to Manu for the foul (3 Clippers' free throws) and missing the 2 free-throws, if not, we would have beaten Clippers comfortably.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never gets old...

I still wonder if they all are trolls like lefty or if some of those Parker bashers are THAT stupid tho..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never gets old...

I still wonder if they all are trolls like lefty or if some of those Parker bashers are THAT stupid tho..
    Many are both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never gets old...

I actually think some of them think Parker is holding this franchise back. Look at how doggedly they argue and try to bring up meaningless stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never gets old...

I actually think some of them think Parker is holding this franchise back. Look at how doggedly they argue and try to bring up meaningless stats.
    Yeah, sad, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-2 on 3s tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread

Parker tonight 29pts 7asts 11/14FG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is why you never doubt MVParker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to switch gears... does Tony has anything to prove tonight against the "current" #1 PG in the game?

Will he ask Pop to guard Curry?
    Re-quote Nono.. Not too shabby display from Tony against the current #1 PG in the game.. tbh

+/- +5 against -18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread

Parker tonight 29pts 7asts 11/14FG

While guarding Curry.

Meanwhile Steph who's avg. 30 ppg gets 16 points 5 assists with 0 threes.

ty fans getting reminded that they couldn't coach a ing JV team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While guarding Curry.

Meanwhile Steph who's avg. 30 ppg gets 16 points 5 assists with 0 threes.

ty fans getting reminded that they couldn't coach a ing JV team
    Parker raped both Splash gots imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-quote Nono.. Not too shabby display from Tony against the current #1 PG in the game.. tbh
    Looks like he wanted to prove something and he did, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP had a great game tonight, tbh, good to see..

Not sure what all the posts above me are about, though..Tony playing well tonight doesn't change his awful playoff run from last year..these current games are meaningless in the long run, the Spurs need Tony to play well in the playoffs..

Hopefully last year was just wear&tear, rather than decline, as I said earlier in the thread..guys like myself, apalisoc and Lefty are all big Tony Parker fans, we don't hate our own players like GreatYacht, we want to see TP succeed, obviously, the Spurs would be even better if he could elevate his game in the post-season this year..

Let's pray he can string great playoff games together like he did in 2012-2013l..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not the thread itself tbh but there are plenty laughable posts in this thread imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure what all the posts above me are about, though..Tony playing well tonight doesn't change his awful playoff run from last year..
    I don't know why people get so defensive lol. Saying that Parker had an underwhelming playoff run and that the team sometimes played better without him doesn't mean we're Parker haters or that we think Mills > Parker or any like that.

Anyways, Parker looked awesome tonight. Destroyed Curry 1-on-1 at the end of the game and really sealed the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he wanted to prove something and he did, tbh
    tbh Parker is prob the top 5 PG in the game. And to bring it at his age is amazing..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure what all the posts above me are about, though..Tony playing well tonight doesn't change his awful playoff run from last year..these current games are meaningless in the long run, the Spurs need Tony to play well in the playoffs..

Hopefully last year was just wear&tear, rather than decline, as I said earlier in the thread..guys like myself, apalisoc and Lefty are all big Tony Parker fans, we don't hate our own players like GreatYacht, we want to see TP succeed, obviously, the Spurs would be even better if he could elevate his game in the post-season this year..

Let's pray he can string great playoff games together like he did in 2012-2013l..
    See that's the problem with you.. When Parker do well, you said the game is meaningless.. When Parker doesn't play well, then all the is on him.

If it's meaningless, why start this thread? Might as well start a "Tony Parker Playoffs thread" comes Playoff times?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And as I've outlined, Parker was far less than 100% in the last post-season. We knew that going in. It wasn't shocking that he wasn't a dominant force. Even so, he LED ALL SPURS IN SCORING. Additionally, given the Spurs were shooting off the scale from 3, it's no surprise that Parker's efficiency suffered by comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was bound to lose a step due to age. I think it might be permanent. Luckily for the Spurs, they still found a way to win even with this Parker last year. Bad thing though that other teams might get wise and stop sticking their best defender on Parker and on Leonard instead.
    We take the lead and got goes solo with a bad shot

Thank God Kiwi was there for the offensive rebound
    Spurs were literally better when Parker was on the bench in the playoffs last year, tbh..

PG usually declines at this age (32 yrs old).

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate our PG that shoots above 50%... Wish we had closers like we saw with CP3 and Curry this week

SpUrsFan4EteRniTy! howbouthemspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony led the Spurs in scoring in the playoffs last year! Not sure why some of you think he didnt do good! He sacrificed a lot of his stats for total team ball! It's one of the reasons the Spurs played some of the most beautiful basketball we have ever seen in the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? Parker still looks a step slow. He'll never have that peak speed again but can still score. The biggest adjustment the Spurs should make is find other ways to score in the paint now that Parker can't get in there and score at will.

This wasn't a thread to bash Parker. The Spurs are going through a transition. Before, it was Parker carrying the offense in the regular season but now they have to adapt since Parker can't take over as much anymore. Even though Parker was the leading scorer today, he just wasn't dominant on offense like he was in the past. Duncan went through the same thing, Manu went through the same, and now Parker is entering that point in his career where he needs to pass the torch to his teammates.

Thread Information