Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still giving IGN that le for giving GTA IV at 10/10 rating back when the only game that got a perfect 10 was Ocarina of Time.
    I never really read IGN..At that time I was a peasant, so I read Game Informer.. Then it became obvious they were getting paid by the developers for the feature

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never really read IGN..At that time I was a peasant, so I read Game Informer.. Then it became obvious they were getting paid by the developers for the feature
    Who do you read reviews from now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metacritic is pretty much the worst place to judge a game on the net
    How so?... it's an average of critic reviews, and an average of user reviews... what's better, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate that about hardware reviews too. All the hardware reviewers depend on getting free samples from manufacturers to be able to keep their sites afloat, so you never see anyone just all over a piece of hardware. For hardware the only reviews I like much are from Digital Foundry since they show their test runs and how frametimes vary on their run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you read reviews from now?
    Well..considering that games are free now..

If I don't set sail I usually go to Steam reviews.. You know they are gonna if the game performs terribly, so I trust them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well..considering that games are free now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so?... it's an average of critic reviews, and an average of user reviews... what's better, tbh?
    There's just too many games rated in the 70's that are great games.. You see 70 and would think the game sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate that about hardware reviews too. All the hardware reviewers depend on getting free samples from manufacturers to be able to keep their sites afloat, so you never see anyone just all over a piece of hardware. For hardware the only reviews I like much are from Digital Foundry since they show their test runs and how frametimes vary on their run.
    "FX 8350 outperforms core i7 in 10/11 tests"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last zombie game I played was Dead Rising, so I guess I'm not burned out on the zombie genre.

But the AI for the volatiles is pretty good at night.

C'mon man, having a lead character that can't do at the beginning of an RPG can't be new to you. Remember how you'd get wrecked by geckos and in the first hour or two of Fallout 2?

I don't think you'll like it. I loved the game from the very beginning. Cut your losses and pirate something new tbh.
    I even have the DLC, so I'm trying hard to like it... to be fair, I've played worse games than this one, so I'll keep going...

And this is no RPG, sorry

If anything it tries to be a lot of things, a 1st person shooter, an RPG, a pseudo-platformer... I'm hoping it'll get better once I get a few weapons... I basically have been able to avoid the melee for the last 3 "game days", just running past the dumb zombies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's just too many games rated in the 70's that are great games.. You see 70 and would think the game sucks.
    But that's a good review system, the ty reviews are the ones that hand out 90's to every hyped up game...

I actually think a game in the 70s is "playable"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I even have the DLC, so I'm trying hard to like it... to be fair, I've played worse games than this one, so I'll keep going...

If anything it tries to be a lot of things, a 1st person shooter, an RPG, a pseudo-platformer... I'm hoping it'll get better once I get a few weapons... I basically have been able to avoid the melee for the last 3 "game days", just running past the dumb zombies.
    The physics kills are great, what the s the matter with you man. One of us needs to go through the screen and smack the out of you a few times, IMHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's a good review system, the ty reviews are the ones that hand out 90's to every hyped up game...

I actually think a game in the 70s is "playable"...
    But the problem i have is that a ton of the 70s rated games do suck, so its just hit or miss with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The physics kills are great, what the s the matter with you man. One of us needs to go through the screen and smack the out of you a few times, IMHO
    What are those?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are those?
    Knocking people off , into , etc.. You get some good like drop kicks, shoulder charges, sidestep throws which lead to some great kills if you're creative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knocking people off , into , etc.. You get some good like drop kicks, shoulder charges, sidestep throws which lead to some great kills if you're creative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlock the full skill tree, there's some useful stuff in there and it's fun being OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think it tries to be a FPS at all, unless you consider Oblivion or Skyrim FPS games. The guns are almost all more trouble than they're worth, and are pretty terrible weapons since loud noises attract the recently turned zombies who are really aggressive and athletic. It's an action RPG to me since it's open world, has tons of side quests, and has a leveling system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop kicking zombies into es is ing great. Or electrocuting them. But still my favorite is to just go grab a sickle and chop their ing heads off. Gotta love the ultraviolence, and this is about as violent a game as I have ever played. I wonder how the consoles with their weak dual quadcore AMD Jaguar chips hang in that one area where you have about 300 zombies to kill in that one small area. I imagine anything less than a highly clocked i3 must get raped in that one section.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New AC game looks promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New AC game looks promising.
    As a fan of AC since the first game, I just can't do it anymore. They ing killed it w/ the yearly release. Black Flag was the last one I played, and although it was generally loved, I hated pirates. I still haven't beat Revelations, I'll just play that instead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a fan of AC since the first game, I just can't do it anymore. They ing killed it w/ the yearly release. Black Flag was the last one I played, and although it was generally loved, I hated pirates. I still haven't beat Revelations, I'll just play that instead.
    Yeah the game mechanics have pretty much stayed the same for the past 5 years.

What I meant by promising is that the story seems to be a lot more coherent than Unity's. There was no flow to that game at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Syndicate runs like too. 30-50 fps on a GTX 970 + i7-4790k system at 1080p

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Syndicate runs like too. 30-50 fps on a GTX 970 + i7-4790k system at 1080p

Per usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently the new drivers released today make a big difference, as does turning off MSAA and the Nvidia PCSS shadows that rape framerate (lol Gameworks). God damn, I don't think I have ever seen 2xMSAA cause a 25% hit to framerate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Division’s underwhelming beta dampens our expectations
    Impressions so far: Awkward controls, dumb AI, and repe ive shooting.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/0...-expectations/

Thread Information