http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...re-the-new-ea/

Ubisoft
    Probaby gonna start releasing AC games every 4 months
    Forbes tearing them a new ass
    lock for worst company of the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC Rogue is not bad, tbh... but it's more of a rehash of AC4 playing as a Templar...

Doesn't have the micro-transaction BS... I hate that nickel and diming...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC Master Race can't make it up it's mind whether it wants that runs at 150 FPS on good hardware or games that really ing push it. In the first case it's a lame console port made to run on ty hardware while in the second it's unoptimized crap. Ubisoft got so much bad press off Watch Dogs even though that scales to all 8 threads of an i7, now they get crap for needing really high end hardware to run AC maxed out when there are a billion NPCs on screen and a pretty densely populated game world. Was there this level of anger when Crysis 1 first came out and ran at 15 FPS on everyone's watercooled SLI rig?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

UBILL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC Master Race can't make it up it's mind whether it wants that runs at 150 FPS on good hardware or games that really ing push it. In the first case it's a lame console port made to run on ty hardware while in the second it's unoptimized crap. Ubisoft got so much bad press off Watch Dogs even though that scales to all 8 threads of an i7, now they get crap for needing really high end hardware to run AC maxed out when there are a billion NPCs on screen and a pretty densely populated game world. Was there this level of anger when Crysis 1 first came out and ran at 15 FPS on everyone's watercooled SLI rig?
    Yeah, don't think the FPS is such a big deal if they can at least keep it at 30... but it looks like the game was rushed and the microtransaction bull on a $60 game needs to die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, don't think the FPS is such a big deal if they can at least keep it at 30... but it looks like the game was rushed and the microtransaction bull on a $60 game needs to die.
    ing microtransactions ingame? OK, maybe they do need to die in a grease fire then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing microtransactions ingame? OK, maybe they do need to die in a grease fire then.
    - Assassin’s Creed Unity features a number of troubling gameplay elements, including microtransactions that offer in-game currency for packages priced as high as $99. Past that, the game scatters chests throughout the map that can only be accessed if you game is connected via an AC app or Uplay.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I really hate the DLC and in game purchase crap. This is why Valve will never release a tf3 version with all of the money they are making off of kids buying hats/accessories with tf2. Just the start of the downfall for this money hungry industry.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hate the DLC and in game purchase crap. This is why Valve will never release a tf3 version with all of the money they are making off of kids buying hats/accessories with tf2. Just the start of the downfall for this money hungry industry.
    To be fair, TF2 came out about a decade after Quakeworld tf1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Assassin’s Creed Unity features a number of troubling gameplay elements, including microtransactions that offer in-game currency for packages priced as high as $99. Past that, the game scatters chests throughout the map that can only be accessed if you game is connected via an AC app or Uplay.
    LOL, apparently the bad framerate has a lot to do with being online for the microtransactions

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscre...amerate_issue/

OK, forget what I said in my first post in this thread. This company is .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Framerate is far from the only thing PC players are annoyed with when it comes to Ubisoft. A few notables:

-Creating Uplay and making it mandatory even on Steam activated games

-Brushing off the PC gaming community's concerns with their games not being optimized with a "PC players can just go buy a bigger/better GPU if they want better performance"

-Talked down to the gaming community by saying games with high framerates look "weird", and tried to convince us that 30 frames and worse is "cinematic"
    Last edited by DJR210; 11-13-2014 at 10:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC Rogue is not bad, tbh... but it's more of a rehash of AC4 playing as a Templar...

Doesn't have the micro-transaction BS... I hate that nickel and diming...
    Here's a bit of quality control from your precious ancient gen AC Rogue:

Ubisoft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ubisoft and anyone who buys their ty games

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rmance-issues/

60.00 on a beta release
    99.00 DLC packages
    I won't even pirate this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This is very sad. And also why I dont buy any games that is not a sport genre anymore.

Looks like the only safe bet these days are Santa Monica games and Warner Bros. Inc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a bit of quality control from your precious ancient gen AC Rogue:

Ubisoft
    already finished the main storyline... I'm just padding the game completion finishing cities now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL so Ubisoft put in microtransactions to skip ty parts of AC Syndicate?

I wonder how much it costs to skip the whole thing all the way to the credits?

Buy Assassins Creed Syndicate and Pay Some More to Not Play
    Written by Felix Nova on 01 October 2015 at 16:45

AC Syndicate, which releases on the 19th November for PC and in just a couple of weeks on consoles, 23rd October, will be coming with some micro transactions that let you bypass parts of the game and speed up progression when you want to.

Wait, are we saying you buy a game, then pay to skip bits of that game through microtransactions? Hmm. This seems really daft to me. Its like paying to go to see a film you want to watch then paying a bit more money to miss the boring romance scene? Actually that might be pretty cool, but really annoying for all the other mushy people in the cinema with me.

So the official words told to press were for those people that have a little less time to game than others, might want to “save time and accelerate progress”. Ubi also say that this microtransaction stuff will be entirely 100% optional to any gamer and that there will not be content locked behind a paywall.

So we presume that if you dont want to explore everything in Assassins Creed Syndicate due to your own real life time constraints, then pay a bit of cash and woosh, you now have extra equipment or hidden treasures are now located on the overview map. this feature was available in Black Flag, called “Time Saver” packs. You could grab them for 1, 2 or 3 dollars. In AC: Unity, not sure anyone if anyone on PC actually played much of this, they had “Helix Credits”. Again you could pay real cash, get credits and then spend those to unlock specific weapons or bump up player stats for some time. We imagine that AC Syndicate willl have a combo of these sorts of micro transactions.

I really dont know where I sit with this. We buy a game to enjoy and have fun with. If developers think that they are making a game that is not fun for the majority of people then they would shift to make it fun for the masses, yeah? Right, this next bit from me is just me thinking stuff through publicly. So please forgive any sweeping generalisations and use them to get involved in the discussion below, if you have anything to add.

So, people who are time rich and therefore have enough time to play a game in its entirety probably dont have that much money because they are not spending their time at work. Therefore the more time rich equals the more cash poor. So if you are time poor, then you are more likely to be working all the time and more likely to have more cash. And if you fall in this category then you are the target for this microtransaction approach, and perhaps willing to spend more money to save your time so you can jump parts of the game you find boring or a waste of your time.

If I wasnt a money hungry company (Just to be clear, I am not a money hungry company) trying to make more money from every game, I would simply avoid adding those boring parts to the game, OR if I thought most people would like those parts and only a few would find them a waste of time then I would make them skippable. Like cutscenes often are. Hmmm maybe they will make cutscenes skippable for money? Or pay per save? Oh my goodness, when will it end?

Now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL so Ubisoft put in microtransactions to skip ty parts of AC Syndicate?

I wonder how much it costs to skip the whole thing all the way to the credits?
    WTF

Charge people more to skip through your piece of game.. Sadly I'm sure this will still generate millions of extra revenue off dumb ing rich got kids

to the next big thing in gaming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for hating on Ubisoft, tbh, but I'm playing Unity on this new box and graphics are crazy good...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for hating on Ubisoft, tbh, but I'm playing Unity on this new box and graphics are crazy good...
    I'm gonna have to check it out, need something new to benchmark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After nosTEAMing Unity I wasn't that impressed with its graphics. I think GTA V is far superior on PC, as is Witcher 3. ARMA 3 has to be there too, though you better have a highly overclocked i5/i7 to turn up the draw distance. Even though it's a two year old game I found Tomb Raider to be really impressive graphically on the PC also. And then Crysis 3 can look really amazing in parts when you have everything on Very High, though you need an i7 and a heavily overclocked 970 or stock 980 for those settings.

If you haven't played it yet, get Dying Light, that game is ing crack on PC. Though if you set sail for PirateBay make sure you get at least version 1.4, as the game runs like ass in earlier versions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming from the XLOL 360 and having played Rogue not that long ago, this is night and day. I let GF Experience set it up for me, and it basically set everything to ultra. Looks dope and runs great. I'm a fan of the Creed series, this looks amazing, tbh...

I have Dying Light on my shortlist. Also Batman Arkham Knight, but I'll wait for the Oct patch for that one, I heard it improves the game a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming from the XLOL 360 and having played Rogue not that long ago, this is night and day. I let GF Experience set it up for me, and it basically set everything to ultra. Looks dope and runs great. I'm a fan of the Creed series, this looks amazing, tbh...

I have Dying Light on my shortlist. Also Batman Arkham Knight, but I'll wait for the Oct patch for that one, I heard it improves the game a lot.
    GF Experience always seems to optimize settings for highest image quality with 45 fps average, so I never use it. I'm always aiming for 60 fps to be around the 1% minimum framerate so I can get really smooth motion, but some games like Witcher 3 that is impossible unless you drastically lower settings. But most of the time it just requires tinkering with a setting here or there to get 60 fps mostly locked on my 970. For instance, in Dying Light the only thing I have to turn down is shadow map size to high, but if I run it at very high like GFE recommends it drops me into the low 50s a lot of the time. In GTA V I just turn grass to very high instead of ultra for the same reason (CPU bottleneck from calculating so many shadows) and use FXAA instead of MSAA and it's completely locked to 60 fps except when I drive through one area of the map where it drops to the high 50s. Otherwise the settings are as high as they can go, not counting the advanced settings that can't be run on any GPU on the market right now without dragging the framerate way down. And GFE always recommends rendering at higher resolutions and downsampling, and this SSAA doesn't look any better to me than MSAA or even FXAA at native resolution. So I don't know why I'd run it at higher resolution and drop my fps from a locked 60 fps to a not so smooth 42 fps. GFE settings to me always seem like they're trying to make me dissatisfied with my card so that I'll go run out and buy a 980 Ti or some . One of the things I loved about the consoles was the really steady framerate even though it was 30 fps instead of 60 fps, and I always want to go for the console approach of trying to lock to a framerate, albeit at 60 fps. Though I do prefer the occasional stutter when it drops below 60 fps briefly to adaptive vsync that mimics consoles by tearing when the framerate drops too low.

But I have found old games can look like crap if I don't also set an external 60 fps frame limiter in addition to setting vsync to 60 fps. New games I don't have to do that on but for some reason if I play old I need to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if it starts dragging, I'll stop paying attention. So far so good though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when games let you skip cutscenes for free?

Thread Information