Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You are arguing about a play on a drive in which they would have scored anyways. USC had a 38-26 lead with a little over 6 minutes left. Vince Young raped them and the UT defense came up huge. Your team hasn't been worth a since.
    Take that back, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~~~~~ Hahaha!!!! Dude, who gives a , ok?

In the last few hours I've been on the computer while watching a replay of the Egg Bowl and Ohio St vs Michign, yep, back to back. While half ass watching it it's really obvious just how much faster the SEC game was, it's dramatic the diffference. You don't really notice it watching an SEC game then hours later a Big10 game, but with back to back you do.

Team speed and size with speed is why the SEC does what it does.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-03-2014 at 03:19 AM.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    In the last few hours I've been on the computer while watching a replay of the Egg Bowl and Ohio St vs Michign, yep, back to back. While half ass watching it it's really obvious just how much faster the SEC game was, it's dramatic the diffference. You don't really notice it watching an SEC game then hours later a Big10 game, but with back to back you do.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thats a very difficult thing to do. The positioning of the cameras are all so different. You do realize the closer the cameras are the faster and bigger people look. If you were on the field watching from the sideline I might believe you. Nahhh... I wouldn't anyway. You are mimicking CBS.

I do believe you are correct though, but not because of what you saw. Michigan did not recruit the most talented athletes on the whole.
    And Penn St. used to claim wearing those drab white jerseys with black shoes made them purposely look slow and goofy, since you are an old timer you would remember this. They had some very fast players back in the day.

My Team
    Michigan State Spartans
    Post Count
    I admit the SEC is probably the best conference but I do find it curious as to how a team who won the SEC East, also lost to the Indiana Hoosiers...in football...In Missouri...Bama is going to embarrass Mizzou on Saturday.

Also Wisconsin is now a shoe in to win the Big ten. Guaranteed. That leaves the big ten out of the playoffs for sure. So hopefully Georgia Tech can handle business and knock out florida state. Then we just need Kansas state to beat Baylor, Oregon beats Arizona, Wisconsin beats Ohio state. If that happens, who is the 4th team in? You will have Bama, Oregon and TCU locked in. I would think Kansas State makes it in at that point. Who knows. Go Georgia Tech!!!

Thats a very difficult thing to do. The positioning of the cameras are all so different. You do realize the closer the cameras are the faster and bigger people look. If you were on the field watching from the sideline I might believe you. Nahhh... I wouldn't anyway. You are mimicking CBS.

I do believe you are correct though, but not because of what you saw. Michigan did not recruit the most talented athletes on the whole.
    And Penn St. used to claim wearing those drab white jerseys with black shoes made them purposely look slow and goofy, since you are an old timer you would remember this. They had some very fast players back in the day.
    I;m a track fan first and then comes football. The SEC has had more great sprinters than every country on the planet except for the rest of the USA combined and Jamaica. They recruit speed and it doesn't stop on just the track.

No sprinter from the Big10 has even broke the 10.00 barrier. NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Florida alone has had three, Arkansas three and on and on, over a dozen sub10.00ers out of the SEC. Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson ran track.

Anyone who knows the college game knows about that size/speed combo we see in the SEC unlike any other conference, it is a known.....fact!!!!!!! If you don't believe me Google..."size with speed in the SEC"...see what you find. So many big guys who can motor is why the SEC rules.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I;m a track fan first and then comes football. The SEC has had more great sprinters than every country on the planet except for the rest of the USA combined and Jamaica. They recruit speed and it doesn't stop on just the track.

No sprinter from the Big10 has even broke the 10.00 barrier. NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Florida alone has had three, Arkansas three and on and on, over a dozen sub10.00ers out of the SEC. Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson ran track.

Anyone who knows the college game knows about that size/speed combo we see in the SEC unlike any other conference, it is a known.....fact!!!!!!! If you don't believe me Google..."size with speed in the SEC"...see what you find. So many big guys who can motor is why the SEC rules.
    Of course speed is important. But you have to understand the game.
    Acceleration is much more important, if you can start, stop, and change directions quickly this is much more important than top overall speed. Don't be an idiot. Football does not take place in straight line motion.

Was Jerry Rice a great sprinter? Was the greatest reciever of all time a great sprinter? Is Peyton Manning? Was Earl Campbell? Was Barry Sanders?

You are totally loony. I did not even post about track. Can you possibly forget your fantasy glory days and actually get down to sports with a ball?

Of course speed is important. But you have to understand the game.
    Acceleration is much more important, if you can start, stop, and change directions quickly this is much more important than top overall speed. Don't be an idiot. Football does not take place in straight line motion.

Was Jerry Rice a great sprinter? Was the greatest reciever of all time a great sprinter? Is Peyton Manning? Was Earl Campbell? Was Barry Sanders?

You are totally loony. I did not even post about track. Can you possibly forget your fantasy glory days and actually get down to sports with a ball?
    I'll go real real slow....

The most important factor in any football game is.........team speed. Want me to say it again........team speed. Size with speed.....got it dummy?

You talked about Jerry Rice, ok amigo why wasn't he drafted higher.....HIS 40 TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You talked about Earl Campbell, well what about 9.4 guy 0.J.Simpson? You mentioned Barry Sanders, are you saying he didn't have great speed, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What back has the best average ever.......Jamaal Charles, a 10.18 guy. Eric erson was a 9.4 sprinter, Adrian Peterson was a 10.3 guy. Herschel Walker ran a 10.23, Bo Jackson a 10.33, Deion Sanders a 10.26.

Dude, the big guys in the SEC can all run, ok? Tell me shorty just how important is a 40 time.....IT'S HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now sit your boney little ass down, got it! So what did you learn today..... Team Speed Kills

Rice's record-breaking season at Mississippi Valley caught the attention of many NFL scouts, but his speed (reportedly only 4.692 in the 40-yard dash)[6] kept most wary, although there were apparently at least two exceptions: the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-04-2014 at 04:08 AM.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TCU will win it all

B-I-G! B-I-G!

TCU will win it all

B-I-G! B-I-G!
    30 days self bannishment says they don't, ya got balls or bb's.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    30 days self bannishment says they don't, ya got balls or bb's.

Deal.

If TCU wins, 30 days for you.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    if they lose, 30 for me.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll go real real slow....

The most important factor in any football game is.........team speed. Want me to say it again........team speed. Size with speed.....got it dummy?

You talked about Jerry Rice, ok amigo why wasn't he drafted higher.....HIS 40 TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You talked about Earl Campbell, well what about 9.4 guy 0.J.Simpson? You mentioned Barry Sanders, are you saying he didn't have great speed, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What back has the best average ever.......Jamaal Charles, a 10.18 guy. Eric erson was a 9.4 sprinter, Adrian Peterson was a 10.3 guy. Herschel Walker ran a 10.23, Bo Jackson a 10.33, Deion Sanders a 10.26.

Dude, the big guys in the SEC can all run, ok? Tell me shorty just how important is a 40 time.....IT'S HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now sit your boney little ass down, got it! So what did you learn today..... Team Speed Kills

Rice's record-breaking season at Mississippi Valley caught the attention of many NFL scouts, but his speed (reportedly only 4.692 in the 40-yard dash)[6] kept most wary, although there were apparently at least two exceptions: the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers.
    I will again state the obvious, of course speed is important. But MORE important is the combination of acceleration.
    Aceeleration is the ability to CHANGE SPEED AND OR DIRECTION.

FOOTBALL IS NOT RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE AND IT INVOLVES A BALL WITH CONTACT.

Please get off your track nonsense. List all the track failures in football please. Start further back than Renaldo Neamiah, or however it's spelled. There are plenty of these. Put very simply, you want to make a fast kid more likely to be a good football player, DONT run him in straight lines constantly like track types. Make him play chase with another fast kid in a designated area. Why can't you get this, are you slow in two ways?

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Deal.

If TCU wins, 30 days for you.
    betting with a known welcher

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    betting with a known welcher

once football season is over i don't post much anyway

I will again state the obvious, of course speed is important. But MORE important is the combination of acceleration.
    Aceeleration is the ability to CHANGE SPEED AND OR DIRECTION.

FOOTBALL IS NOT RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE AND IT INVOLVES A BALL WITH CONTACT.

Please get off your track nonsense. List all the track failures in football please. Start further back than Renaldo Neamiah, or however it's spelled. There are plenty of these. Put very simply, you want to make a fast kid more likely to be a good football player, DONT run him in straight lines constantly like track types. Make him play chase with another fast kid in a designated area. Why can't you get this, are you slow in two ways?
    I;m not talking about trying to take a guy like Nehemiah and make a football player out of him...ok?

How about...

Cliff Branch Colorado/Raiders
    Bob Hayes FAMU/Cowboys Olympian
    Mel Gray Missouri/Cards
    Ollie Matson USF/Rams Olympian
    Michael Bates Arizona/Seahawks Olympian
    J.D.Hill ASU/Bills
    Isacc Curtis Cal/Bengals
    Ron Brown ASU/Rams Olympian
    Buddy Young Illinois/Colts
    Bob Boyd Layola/Rams
    Travis Williams ASU/Packers
    Sam Graddy Tenn/Broncos Olympian
    James Jett WV/Raiders Olympian
    Homer Jones TSU/Giants
    Bo Jackson Auburn/Raiders
    Curtis ey Tex A&M/Colts
    Alvis Whitted NCSt/Raiders
    Hercshel Walker Ga/Cowboys
    Henry Carr ASU/Giants Olympian
    Clarence Childs FAMU/Giants
    Butch Woolfolk Mich/Giants
    Marquis Goodwin Tex/Bills
    Johnny Jones Tex/Jets Olympian
    Wesley Walker Cal/Jets
    O.J.Simpson USC/Bills WR 4x1 leg
    Jacoby Ford Clemson/Raiders
    James Trapp Clemson/Raiders
    Michael Bennett Wisconsin/Vikes
    Curtis Conway USC/Bears
    Willie McGee Alcorn/Chargers WR 9.1
    Pat Johnson Oregon/Ravens
    Larry Burton Purdue/Saints Olympian
    Gerald Tinker Kent St/Falcons Olympian
    Willie Gault Tenn/Bears
    Alexander Wright Auburn/Cowboys
    Trindon Holliday LSU/Broncos
    Jamaal Charles Tex/Chiefs
    Sammie Parker Oregon/Chiefs
    Ken Burroughs TSU/Oilers
    Charlie Frazier TSU/Oilers
    Tony Jones Tex/Oilers
    Billy Cannon LSU/Oilers
    Terrence Newman KSU/Cowboys
    Deion Sanders FSU/Falcons
    Earl McCullouch USC/Lions WR 4x1 leg
    Michael Haynes No.Arizona/Falcons
    Anthony Miller Tenn/Chargers

High School Sprinters

Reggie Bush USC/Lions
    Napolean Kaufman Wash/Raiders
    Justin Fargas USC/Raiders
    Percy Harvin Florida/Vikes
    C.J.Spiller Clemson/Bills
    Sammy Watkins Clemson/Bills
    Devin Hester Miami/Bears

Everyone listed about ran a sub 9.6/10.30 except the HS list.

Nobody is talking about trying to make a track guy a footballer, ok? All those guys were footballers who had speed....ok?

Jimmy Hines, Tommie Smith, Ray Norton and Frank Budd were Olympic sprinters that tried to become footballers.

Nobody is talking about ...running in a straight line....ok? Dude, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is about....FOOTBALL PLAYERS WHO CAN...also...RUN FAST....ok?

That vaunted Raider vertical passing game was started with Darly "The Mad Bomber" Lamonica tossing the ball up to Texas Southern 9.4 sprinter Warren Wells. And it goes on and on.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 12-05-2014 at 11:07 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    damn avante you welched before taking the bet. how does that happen?

damn avante you welched before taking the bet. how does that happen?
    TCU wins it all I'm gone for 30 days, if they don't see ya in 30 days, right?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TCU wins it all I'm gone for 30 days, if they don't see ya in 30 days, right?
    Right. Just wanted an affirmative on that.

Right. Just wanted an affirmative on that.
    What are you looking at when it comes to TCU? You really think they can physically hang with Alabama?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What are you looking at when it comes to TCU? You really think they can physically hang with Alabama?

Alabama really isn't that good. They may be bigger but TCU is quick and defensive minded. Bama struggles against good defenses. TCU will make them pay for mistakes because they can air it downfield at any moment. Plus they need to get passed Mizzou first.

Post Count
    TCU can easily hang with Bama.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Get your ass in here Thread

36/7/7
    My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    bandwagoning ass you can show up now

There's a real good chance TCU won't even make the final 4.

Thread Information