Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The east won't be down forever. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee are all monster programs. Mix in South Carolina & Mizzou and that's a very respectable division when looking at college football history. Sure, the east is down this year and Mizzou's schedule is pretty weak but you have been insinuating that every SEC school has a schedule like that when it isn't true. Check every SOS measurement out there and SEC teams flood the top of the list.
    Oh.

Kinda like UT, Oklahoma, and TT having a better season?
    Yeah, I see. UT and Oklahoma having a much richer tradition than any team you mentioned.
    I got Ya. This is an easy game.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Since the SEC is soooo much better, what's Aggy's excuse for having the same exact mediocre results in the Big 12?

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Check every SOS measurement out there and SEC teams flood the top of the list.
    SOS measurements are full of crap when every season begins with the top 10 littered with SEC teams that end up finishing well out of the top 10 or even unranked. See Mississippi State this year. They pounded on heavily overranked teams in LSU (now unranked), Auburn (now 14, and arguably overranked) and A&M (unranked after also getting massively overranked early on themselves by pounding the mess out of a massively overranked South Carolina team who is now unranked and garbage ) early in the season and got massively overranked themselves, when fact is, they arguably aren't even really a top 10 quality team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Since the SEC is soooo much better, what's Aggy's excuse for having the same exact mediocre results in the Big 12?
    They don't care if they lose, as long as it's not to Texas, hence them bringing up how the SEC is better even though Aggy contributed absolutely nothing to it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two pages of people flinging poo based on Chip Brown's reporting.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Oh.

Lol one of these doesn't belong. Texas and OU will be back, yes. Those are monster programs. The only ones in the big12.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Oh.

Yeah, I see. UT and Oklahoma having a much richer tradition than any team you mentioned.
    I got Ya. This is an easy game.
    SOS measurements are full of crap when every season begins with the top 10 littered with SEC teams that end up finishing well out of the top 10 or even unranked. See Mississippi State this year. They pounded on heavily overranked teams in LSU (now unranked), Auburn (now 14, and arguably overranked) and A&M (unranked after also getting massively overranked early on themselves by pounding the mess out of a massively overranked South Carolina team who is now unranked and garbage ) early in the season and got massively overranked themselves, when fact is, they arguably aren't even really a top 10 quality team.

Name this top-4 team headed to the playoffs:

OOC wins: Southern Miss, UAB, Southern Alabama, UT Martin
    In Conference un-ranked wins: Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, SunBeltReadyArgy, LSU
    In Conference ranked wins: Aweburn

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Lol one of these doesn't belong. Texas and OU will be back, yes. Those are monster programs. The only ones in the big12.
    Yes, the only ones besides OKSt, KState, Baylor, TCU, and WVA.

Bama getting crushed by OKie last year is a distant memory

Argy is a doormat in every conference they try to compete in

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So just Bama and Tennessee in the SEC by your timeframe. You like Tennessee's chances of getting back?
    Just stop already.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So just Bama and Tennessee in the SEC by your timeframe. You like Tennessee's chances of getting back?
    Just stop already.
    what? Take a look at how much money is allocated to football at some SEC schools and then take a look at the facilities. There are multiple programs that are a coaching hire away at competing at the highest level. What Briles is doing at Baylor is not the norm and even he might bolt for greener pastures sooner or later.

My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Briles just signed a 10 year deal last season

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    what? Take a look at how much money is allocated to football at some SEC schools and then take a look at the facilities. There are multiple programs that are a coaching hire away at competing at the highest level. What Briles is doing at Baylor is not the norm and even he might bolt for greener pastures sooner or later.
    Are you serious?

Who allocates this money and hires the AD and presidents?
    Big Alumni. They can get in the way. They can run the Board.

Its more than money AGgIe. It's hiring the right people and letting them do their job.
    Of all schools YOU should know this. Jackie Sherrill, Dennis the Menace...
    GTFOH.

Post Count
    Briles just signed a 10 year deal last season

He's not going anywhere anytime soon unless it's the NFL.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Imho, aggy did get better. You don't win a Heisman for nothing.

But aggy was very down in the big 12 while UT, OU and most of the 2000's Tech were better.

Now that aggy has improved (although still needs much improvement on D) the gauntlet of power has shifted from the big 12 to the SEC.

so what can we conclude?
    A&M realized they weren't going to get beat up on any more by UT etc so they found a step dad who gladly said "yes, we'll take off the belt and whip you, sons".

And aggy rejoiced.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah Briles ain't leaving. He has that job as long as he wants it which is a rare thing in an unstable coaching carousel world.

Post Count
    yeah Briles ain't leaving. He has that job as long as he wants it which is a rare thing in an unstable coaching carousel world.
    He basically built the program from scratch.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That's the point. It's very rare to see that. Without him Baylor is just another average program with an average fan base, average recruiting and average facilities. Briles might stay but he could leave, contracts aren't that binding especially when you get a prospective employer willing to pay your entire buyout (assuming he has one).

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SEC west is the most overrated division of all time imo

Thread Information