Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pedro Martinez will wear a Red Sox cap when going into the Hall of Fame...
    Sorry lefty no Expo's hat this time....

Randy Johnson will wear a Diamondbacks hat...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many of the minor league teams are going retro in their uniforms. The Houston Astros
    triple A team Fresno Grizz are going to the Tequlia Sunrise uniform that the Astros used
    when Nolan was on the hill. Personally I liked that uniform...Like when was the last time
    you saw San Antonio across the front of a Spurs game uniform?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Martinez injures a knee again. He has torn meniscus and will have surgery on
    it next week. The rehab on this can be 4 to 8 weeks.....He signed a $68 mill contract
    in November and in winter of 2012 he tore up his ACL and was out for the season.........

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thank christ the Cespy deal was made.. Miggy-JD-Cespy isn't a bad 3-4-5 with Victor out for a month or two.

Verlander's performance will be the difference between winning the AL Central and being in 3rd place, IMO. Best case scenario he looks like 2013 JV (very good #2 rotation guy), worst case scenario is repeating last season's performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Padres making moves

Finalized the Kemp deal (very iffy about that arthritis diagnosis tho), acquired Myers, Norris, and Justin Upton, and on the verge of signing Joe Johnson and trading for Middlebrooks. All this without trading Gyorko, two of Maybin/Smith/Venable, and their better pitching. If they'd of kept Headley they'd arguably have the best defensive unit in the NL along with some hitting.
    meh, he's an aging NBA'er. Josh on the other hand... Hopefully we land Shields this weekend too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh, he's an aging NBA'er. Josh on the other hand... Hopefully we land Shields this weekend too.
    That's who I meant tbh. First I'm hearing about Shields tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's who I meant tbh. First I'm hearing about Shields tho.
    i know i was joking. Padres have been rumored to be the most likely to sign Shields and it's rumored he'll make a decision by the end of the weekend. If we sign him, our pitching staff will be really full.

A Hamels trade is still a possibilty but the phillies probably want too much.

Only other possibilities i've heard is cuban infielders Hector Olivera and Yoan Moncada.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know i was joking. Padres have been rumored to be the most likely to sign Shields and it's rumored he'll make a decision by the end of the weekend. If we sign him, our pitching staff will be really full.

A Hamels trade is still a possibilty but the phillies probably want too much.

Only other possibilities i've heard is cuban infielders Hector Olivera and Yoan Moncada.
    Yoan Moncada would be glorious. I'd take one of Hammels or Shields; either would give the Padres a truly elite pitching rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yoan Moncada would be glorious. I'd take one of Hammels or Shields; either would give the Padres a truly elite pitching rotation.
    philiies supposedly covet Cashner so i would prefer shields. of the cubans olivera is more likely for the Pads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6:32pm: The outcome of the Padres offer is expected to be known within 24 hours, tweets Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
    4:20pm: It’s not known which teams remain involved in the bidding, but one involved club was told that a decision is expected soon, tweets Nightengale.
    4:07pm: The Padres “badly” want Shields and remain the favorites, but they’re being told that there are other teams still heavily involved in the bidding, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports. Meanwhile, Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio tweets that there’s no “impasse” between the two sides, but rather that Shields simply must decide whether or not to accept San Diego’s “last and final offer.”
    2:43pm: The Padres and Shields are currently “at an impasse” after several hours of negotiations, tweets Miller. The ball is Shields’ court at this point, he adds.
    1:31pm: The Padres are indeed the favorites to sign Shields, “if not a lock already,” reports MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro (on Twitter). Frisaro covers another team, the Marlins, who have been linked to Shields throughout the offseason.
    11:15am: Talks between the Padres and James Shields “have heated up and are gaining momentum,” according to Scott Miller of FOX Sports San Diego/Bleacher Report (Twitter link). Shields, a native of Santa Clarita, Calif. (just 150 miles from San Diego), very much likes the idea of pitching in San Diego, Miller adds.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...s-shields.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how much Shields is wanting? He's a great regular season player but he's been garbage in the playoffs/clutch time situations.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I don't get why the Padres are putting mediocre defenders in their large spacious outfield.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how much Shields is wanting? He's a great regular season player but he's been garbage in the playoffs/clutch time situations.
    think he wanted 5/100+ but he likely to get 4/72-80.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why the Padres are putting mediocre defenders in their large spacious outfield.
    I think the corners will be fine but center field may be a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like SHields will be a Padre. Not sure it's official yet, though.

"12:35pm: Shields’s option is worth $16MM, and the contract contains no incentives, tweetsCotillo. The deal can max out at $91MM over five years if the option is picked up.
    9:37am: Shields is guaranteed $75MM over the four-year term, tweets Jon Heyman of CBS Sports."

also according to mlbtraderumors, the Padres are planning aggressive pursuit of Moncada now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Shields did not take the best offer that was presented to him, according to ESPN’s Buster Olney (Twitter link). One team made the right-hander a four-year, $80MM contract offer. Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune backs that up (also on Twitter) by noting that the Padres’ offer was “one of the highest,” adding that he had heard Shields was willing to take a small discount to pitch in San Diego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Maybin and Veneble who are great defensive Center Fielders. They'll prolly move one of Myers or Kemp to first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pad ownership appearing to try to win.
    1st time in years.
    The good 1998 team was just a scam by owner Moores to get the new ballpark levy passed.
    Oh well, scam or not we saw a good team in 98.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Red Sox signed 19 year old Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada to big $$$ contract. The switch hitting
    infielder had many teams after him but the Sox put out big guaranteed money to sign. They also have to give
    MLB millions as a fee for signing him... The kid has been labeled the next Cuban super star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Red Sox want a ace like Cole Hammels of the Phillies. The Sox have a problem
    in the have to give up a young star or stars to get him.

MLB is looking to have spring training games in Cuba. There might be
    a game this year, but for sure next year. The Reds had a Triple A team based there
    in the 1950's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hunter Pence got hit in the forearm by a pitch from a
    Cub pitcher and it broke his arm. The estimated time he
    will be out wil be 6-8 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A investment group out of South Korea has set the value of the LA Dogers at $3 Billion Dollars
    and they are in negations to buying it! It boggles the mind that a team,the stadium and some
    land around it is worth that much. If I recall the team was sold for a $1 billion just 2-3 years ago.
    Nice little profit on their money.......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...rtner=yahootix

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mets pitching is starting to fall apart. Josh Edgin will have Tommy John surgery and
    starter Zack Wheeler is having a MRI on his sore elbow.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right on schedule for the Mets

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This is caused from year round tournament ball. Stupid parents and coaches.

Thread Information