My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they got me for another $99. Just got it today. Looks like it could be pretty cool.

http://news.yahoo.com/amazon-echo-re...122205130.html

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get an invite, those ers I've had Prime since day one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get an invite, those ers I've had Prime since day one.
    that sucks. I figured the "invite" for $99 wasn't exclusive at all and just a gimmick to sell them to every Prime member.

Anyway, it's pretty cool but not super useful for me yet. The microphone though is pretty impressive in that it seems to be able to pick up and understand things you say from quite a distance without having to say it very loud. So it's nice to be able to say "play x band (or song)" and it will play it. But it doesn't have the capability to send it to other speakers. It's got decent sound but I already have a good speaker system hooked up to wifi and bluetooth. So other than the voice recognition, it doesn't add anything.

Adding things to a todo list or grocer list is nice as you can do it whenever it pops into your head. I've done this while watching TV and the Echo hasn't had any problem discerning what I'm trying to say.

Hopefully, they'll integrate it with the Fire TV and other apps. For now, it's really just a neat gadget but seems like they've got the voice recognition part down. Now just need some more functionality.

Thread Information