Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As long as you admit a design exists that's all you need. I'm sure you don't need a woman to describe her father before you take her out. Unless your looking for an excuse to not date her.

I think all your trivial questions you love to ask is really just your subconscious mind stalling on accepting the truth on how you may have came about and who you really are.

it must scare you or at the very least weigh heavily on your limited mind.
    Nah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Intelligent design proves God knows what he's doing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Also the layers on the bottom when dated are only a few years older than the top layer when rock samples are sent to independent laboratories.
    which they should be, since the tree was buried in a mudslide, which is the actual explanation for the phenomenon given by geologists.

Humans figured this one out over a hundred years ago.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/polystrate/trees.html

John William Dawson (1868) described a classic Carboniferous-age locality at Joggins, Nova Scotia, where there are upright giant lycopod trees up to a few metres tall preserved mainly in river-deposited sandstones. These trees have extensive root systems with rootlets that penetrate into the underlying sediment, which is either a coal seam (i.e. compressed plant material), or an intensely-rooted sandstone or mudstone (i.e. a soil horizon). Dawson considered and rejected anything but an in situ formation for these fossils, and his interpretation is closely similar to current interpretations of sediments deposited on river floodplains. An interesting feature of these examples is the presence of vertebrate fossils (mostly small reptiles) within the infilling of the stumps.

The reason I am using Dawson rather than a more recent reference is to emphasize that many supposed "problems" with conventional geology were solved more than 100 years ago using very basic principles. The people suggesting these "problems" exist are so out of date that even 19th-century literature refutes their presentations.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cambrian explosion explained for Snakeboy, and (spoiler alert) it has nothing to do with a designer.

http://theconversation.com/which-spe...tinction-47893

But can diversity go on increasing forever? Charles Darwin certainly thought not, and believed that the Earth probably had a carrying capacity. He likened species to wedges driven into a log, each occupying their own niche or patch of ecospace. As the number of wedges approaches the carrying capacity, it becomes more difficult to insert new ones, until adding new wedges forces older ones out.

Sigmoidal curve, same shape as a diversity curve. wikimedia, CC BY-SA .

The idea that the Earth can only accommodate a finite number of species modifies our simple model somewhat. Early on in the process, numbers are far from carrying capacity, and growth is exponential. Later on, progressively harder brakes are put on, and the rate of growth slows down, so that diversity reaches a plateau. Together, these forces yield an S-shaped or sigmoidal curve.

So what do we see when we look at the real history of life in the fossil record? Fortunately, palaeontologists have systematically compiled catalogues of fossil genera, making it possible to compare. What they show, however, is a much more complex picture.

Careful Avante, it uses fancy words like "asymptote". Don't strain yourself looking that up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You have to be pretty silly to think millions - nay, billions - of years haven't passed. Assuming you arent blind.

What, you say? Oh another condescending "evolutionist"!

No, not at all. Just look into a night sky in the countryside and you will see undeniable, easily verifiable proof of the passage of untold ancient amounts of time elapsed. The speed of light is easily quantifiable. Since we know exactly the distance light travels over x amount of time, there is really no way for one to deny that the light of incredibly distant (and ancient - perhaps even dead) galaxies and stars has required millions even billions of years to reach us.

This isnt opinion. It is readily observable fact. Just speaking from personal experience, Once you accept that deep time, so to speak, exists, the merits of evolution become much more easily acceptable as well at least from a scientific standpoint.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Supermoon Sunday night. Check it out.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    End of Times

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Intelligent design proves God knows what he's doing.
    did you think that up all by yourself

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    did you think that up all by yourself
    Yes, who helped you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Intelligent design assumes God knows what he's doing.
    FIFY. If we are actually an entirely separate organism from apes, why are we as horny, violent, and tribal as them? Why is our anatomy so similar?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    FIFY. If we are actually an entirely separate organism from apes, why are we as horny, violent, and tribal as them? Why is our anatomy so similar?
    That is the way he wanted it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why is one of our chromosomes fused?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome_2_(human)

Really hard to explain that away for Avante et al.

If "because it was designed that way" is the answer, then why would such a designer purposefully make it look like it was an evolutionary accident, perfectly explained by the theory of evolution?

Makes the Spaghetti Monster a more plausible explanation than the bible God.

Thread Information