Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of late, Manu has been unable to hit both free throw shots when the game was on the line.

Game 6 2013 Miami: Split a pair of free throws that couldve helped ice the le.

Game 4 2014 Dallas: Split pair that gave Ellis a chance to send game to OT on last second shot that rimmed out.

Game 6 2014 OKC: Split Pair that allowed Westbrook to send game to OT

Then in two games so far this year, he has done this, both we fortunately won but....

In the past he used to be able to hit these shots no problem. Is it psychological? Because I have a hard time believing it is fatigue (from old age) when he still can hit clutch 3 pointers at the end of games (Ex. OKC Game 6 and Golden State Game 1)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it just happens, tbh... this very season, IIRC, we beat the Hawks with Gino going 2/2 to close the game out

It's easy to second-guess. I would have no problem with Tony taking the freebies in crunch time despite him missing 3 in a row in Game 2 of the Finals last year, which conceivably cost us that game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He´s Manu Ginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early reg season. Wouldn't worry about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've noticed a trend since 2013 that he is taking the second shot a lot faster. Before that he used to take a little longer for both tbh... I may be wrong but my impression is that that may have something to do with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a perennial choker. His choking has literally cost us two rings (foul on Dirk '06 which isn't missing free throws but it's still choking in its own way, and then of course 2013). Why is this a surprise to anyone?

You expect Manu Ginobili to choke. It's a miracle if he actually closes a tight game out by hitting all of his free throws. He's never been known for doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a perennial choker. His choking has literally cost us two rings (foul on Dirk '06 which isn't missing free throws but it's still choking in its own way, and then of course 2013). Why is this a surprise to anyone?

You expect Manu Ginobili to choke. It's a miracle if he actually closes a tight game out by hitting all of his free throws. He's never been known for doing that.
    slow saturday?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've noticed a trend since 2013 that he is taking the second shot a lot faster. Before that he used to take a little longer for both tbh... I may be wrong but my impression is that that may have something to do with it.
    It's because he's a mental midget and his epic choking in 2013 probably tears him up inside. Once Manu Ginobili loses confidence (which is often) he'll go on a long streak of poor shooting (from the field and from the free throw line). Then he'll have small bursts of respectable shooting percentages. Then he'll miss a few and crawl back timid into his mental hole again and proceed to have terrible shooting for the following two weeks. This is Manu Ginobili.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a thunderstorm outside so I'm stuck at home tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Age.

Manu is human, and even though he's experienced, he's still feels pressure. A younger person presumably has better control over their fine motor skills than an older person, and at Manu's age, he probably can't control his bodily response to anxiety as effectively as he once did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips

Ironically, Duncan has improved his freethrow shooting as he's gotten older. But I can't remember the last time he was required to knock down pressure FTs (like to ice a game).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, free throws

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is no Horry or Kerr , I think people might be overrating him too much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is no Horry or Kerr , I think people might be overrating him too much
    We are overrating . Specially not with Manu's clutch FT shooting. There was an article that said that he used to average something like 96% on clutch FTs back in the good old days. The good times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Age.

Manu is human, and even though he's experienced, he's still feels pressure. A younger person presumably has better control over their fine motor skills than an older person, and at Manu's age, he probably can't control his bodily response to anxiety as effectively as he once did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips

Ironically, Duncan has improved his freethrow shooting as he's gotten older. But I can't remember the last time he was required to knock down pressure FTs (like to ice a game).
    Duncan had to hit free throws vs OKC in game 6 and knocked down some HUGE ones down the stretch in OT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MANU CANNOT SHAKE OFF Ducks voodoo spell .

Thread Information