Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring injury, I seriously doubt they'd play him meaningful minutes at SF. They clearly don't want to have to resort to Bonner anymore when they have to break up Duncan-Splitter, but they have to by default. Kirilenko would simply give them another option, even though he's not nearly the three-point shooter Bonner is obviously.
    He's actually a pretty awful 3 point shooter, and having a capable 3 point shooter as bait is the only reason Bonner would be on the court in the scenario you describe (breaking up Duncan-Splitter due to a specific matchup). I would actually think if not Bonner, Diaw would be there, and even Beli would be preferable under those cir stances. His 31% 3 point shooting is a large reason why I don't think the Spurs are going to show any interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has Laker written all over him.

DO IT MITCH

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If bringing AK47 here can clear Daye & Errors from our roster, why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If bringing AK47 here can clear Daye & Errors from our roster, why not?
    Because apparently Brooklyn is not interested in taking contracts back, due to their luxury tax situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now 1 year more older... He has nothing to offer to the Spurs now.
    Grr for AK47 for snubbing the Spurs
    PASS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 skinny Rock's and 1 skinny Drago. Slide KA to Austin and pick AK for the marketing possibilities alone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone just thought AK47 can be worse than SJax as a head case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone just thought AK47 can be worse than SJax as a head case?
    What is NO?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 skinny Rock's and 1 skinny Drago. Slide KA to Austin and pick AK for the marketing possibilities alone!
    You'd have to cut someone. Anderson is part of our 15 man roster and paid his NBA salary whether he's ballin' for SA or Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the choice is between Daye & Kirilenko... the answer is obvious. Even a bad & sulking Kirilenko would be of probable use for the Spurs in lieu of experience at least. Seems he has recovered his health and just doesn't fit anymore with Hollins' system out there. A change of scene for him will probably help. No pity/sympathy though.. he missed a better chance coming to the Spurs last year instead of being paid hush money to work for a countryman boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd have to cut someone. Anderson is part of our 15 man roster and paid his NBA salary whether he's ballin' for SA or Austin.
    News: http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-assig...n-austin-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by exstatic; 11-23-2014 at 11:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is mentioned in Kirilenko's possible teams who might be interested (due maybe to they tried to pursue him before), & Clippers.
    Buy-out is possible.
    But there are preliminary trade talks about sending his $3.3m (remaining of his $6.5 "sweetheart deal") contract, to Philadelphia in exchange of Karasav then will be waived.
    He said he felt fine & ready to contribute but had not seen playing time. Personal reasons maybe. Could it be due to his outspoken wife? (Just asking )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually a pretty awful 3 point shooter, and having a capable 3 point shooter as bait is the only reason Bonner would be on the court in the scenario you describe (breaking up Duncan-Splitter due to a specific matchup). I would actually think if not Bonner, Diaw would be there, and even Beli would be preferable under those cir stances. His 31% 3 point shooting is a large reason why I don't think the Spurs are going to show any interest.
    I know and specifically against the Thunder, Bonner would be better suited. I'm speaking in general though. Like I said, for a myriad of reasons it's unlikely they'd go with that. But having a play making PF for 48 minutes could make this offense insane when they're healthy and engaged and if they continue to play elite defense without Splitter, then going this way would make sense.

His percentage from 3 isn't going to deter them because if that were the case, they'd have never been interested a year and a half ago. It's not like he suddenly became a poor shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know and specifically against the Thunder, Bonner would be better suited. I'm speaking in general though. Like I said, for a myriad of reasons it's unlikely they'd go with that. But having a play making PF for 48 minutes could make this offense insane when they're healthy and engaged and if they continue to play elite defense without Splitter, then going this way would make sense.

His percentage from 3 isn't going to deter them because if that were the case, they'd have never been interested a year and a half ago. It's not like he suddenly became a poor shooter.
    I don't think they were interested a year and a half ago. At least, there was no official word they were, IIRC.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hows his shooting? Its very important thay you can shoot in this system
    No, it's important that you take a good shot, and even more important that you make the correct basketball play i.e. hockey assist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you still remember the 40-page thread in this forum last summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty sad to see AK47 nowadays tbh. This guy was a damn good player in his prime in Utah. Really good all-around game, although never a great outside shooter. He's a s of his former self now. Really don't see him coming here anyways tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 things I'll always remember AK47 for though:

1. His horrible back tattoo, and

2. The fact that his wife lets him sleep with another woman once a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 things I'll always remember AK47 for though:

1. His horrible back tattoo, and

2. The fact that his wife lets him sleep with another woman once a year
    Really? Shocking if true.

What I meant about his wife was she talks to the media complaining about AK47's limited minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavaliers are monitoring Andrei Kirilenko's state of affairs in Brooklyn, Northeast Ohio Media Group has been told - though it's more due diligence at this point than anything else. Cleveland is in dire need of an athletic wing defender who can guard shooting guards and small forwards; and a rim protector. The Cavaliers, on all fronts, are busy these days. Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/andrei_kirilenko

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cavaliers are monitoring Andrei Kirilenko's state of affairs in Brooklyn, Northeast Ohio Media Group has been told - though it's more due diligence at this point than anything else. Cleveland is in dire need of an athletic wing defender who can guard shooting guards and small forwards; and a rim protector. The Cavaliers, on all fronts, are busy these days. Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/andrei_kirilenko
    Yup. Marion has been over the hill for a long time now. AK would be another patch job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely worth a look. If he could give the Spurs 12 minutes a game of good defense in the playoffs he'd be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think Kirilenko will help Cleveland tbh. Can't shoot, past his prime, and his defense is overrated nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worth a flier but kirilenko blew his chance.......

Thread Information