Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same thing that always gets brought up when people talk about Roy Jones Jr. His athleticism never fully came back after he went up to Heavyweight and dropped back down. Given that his entire fighting style revolved around breaking the rules because he was the most athletic guy to ever put on boxing gloves, it makes sense that he'd age like a jack o lantern.
    Agree 100 percent. Dude had unlimited potential,,,but he always wanted to bite off more than he could chew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who? GGG? He'd absolutely love to fight Andre Ward. A shot at a real champ would be miles above the guys he's fighting right now. Even a loss might be good for him in the long run. A in the GGG armor might make it more likely that other guys fight him.

Andre Ward is the one who wouldn't want the fight just because he thinks he's a bigger name than he really is. He'd insist GGG go up to super middleweight without a catchweight and try to blame GGG when the negotiations fall apart.

Stop posting, son. At the 40 second mark he admits he does not want a fight with Ward.

At the 1:35 mark he calls out GGG as a coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same thing that always gets brought up when people talk about Roy Jones Jr. His athleticism never fully came back after he went up to Heavyweight and dropped back down. Given that his entire fighting style revolved around breaking the rules because he was the most athletic guy to ever put on boxing gloves, it makes sense that he'd age like a jack o lantern.

Most fighters are shot by 35. Ali lost to a guy that only had 7 pro fights at the age of 36. Leonard looked like he had never put on a pair of gloves by 35. Jones was no different... once he lost his legs he became an ordinary fighter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop posting, son. At the 40 second mark he admits he does not want a fight with Ward.
    I'd seen the second video which is why I was saying Andre Ward would force him up to 168. That's old news.

I don't believe he'd really turn down Ward. He knows he can't beat him, everyone knows he can't beat him--but look at who he's fighting! Guys that are 4-8th in middleweight. If he's offered that fight at a catchweight he takes it. He doesn't take it at 168.

Forgive me if I'm not holding GGG strictly by his word, dude can barely speak English.

"I love box"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fans don't want to see Pac-Roid's washed-up, steroid-addled ass, they want to see the GOAT, Floyd Money
    Floyd is a scared, self centered piece of trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other GGG has said that you can't believe

Looking at this fight and the other opponents who have chosen to fight you, because there are opponents that don't want to fight you, do you feel Rubio is in your class?
    I think so, yes. Because I know he's best opponent right now for me. Look, he's WBC interim champion. He's best fighter from Mexico in middleweight division. He has great record. He's very smart. It's good experience for me, and for him. Big present for everybody.

Your trainer says six rounds.
    No, I don't know. I'm serious. I understand my situation. I need a decision fight. Maybe this fight, decision. Marco Antonio Rubio is great opponent for me.

He wanted a decision in that fight

He knocked Rubio out in the second round...so much for that

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jones was 40 years old. That would be like me posting Camacho knocking out a 40 year old Leonard. Or Spinks only having Berbick beating the out of an old Ali.
    He was overrated dude, calm the down. History has already been written. He lost to Tarver, Johnson, and Hopkins in epic fashion in the end point of his prime

Banned
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Ward GGG ain't ducking him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But but they're like 5 divisions bigger than him and he aint got nothing to prove anymore
    But but he already hypothetically beat a prime Margarito, Paul Williams, Pacquaio, GGG, Ward, Bradley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was overrated dude, calm the down. History has already been written. He lost to Tarver, Johnson, and Hopkins in epic fashion in the end point of his prime

I was never a Roy fan, but fighting at 40 years old is nowhere near your prime. Prime Roy easily beats any middleweight of any era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd still get his ass kicked. Ward's got the style to frustrate the outta GGG and he's bigger than him. Wouldn't even be close.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was never a Roy fan, but fighting at 40 years old is nowhere near your prime. Prime Roy easily beats any middleweight of any era.
    He was 35 and in the latter part of his prime when he got KTFO by all those guys. Stop denying that you're a RJJ fan boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floyd's ego won't allow him to work with bob arum, and Manny's too dumb too leave arum, hence why the fight will never happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would've been the fight of the young century 5 years ago. Pac Man's about to turn 36 and Floyd 38. By the time they fought they'd probably be 37 and 39. It'd still make a ton of money, but it'd be a joke by boxers and real boxing fan's standards. A couple of old farts way past heir primes, slowly circling in the ring, probably gassed by the 8th round. Would rather it just not happen at this point tbh.

Thread Information