Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer
    Just before the weekend: @RJHunter22 makes the jump from coach's son to vaunted NBA prospect, for @si_nba si.com/nba/2015/06/12…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingus is the better prospect between him and Okafor, so not surprised. With Randle in the wings, Lakers should take D'Angelo above either of those guys though.
    Okafor is a good compliment to Randle actually. I know they need a playmaking guard, but I'd take Okafor over Porzingis in a heartbeat if I'm the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if I'm in the Lakers, I'd go with Okafor simply because he also has huge potential and better pairs with Randle. A Porzingis and Randle frontcourt would be killer on offense but killed on defense. Okafor isn't a great defender either, but he's getting himself into much better shape and has a good build already. Porzingis seems like he'll be lanky all his career and get bullied inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be disappointed if the Spurs draft RJ Hunter. I get it, cheaper and much younger version of Marco Belinelli (that assumes he can crack the rotation in his first season and be productive).

Justin Anderson
    Rashad Vaughn
    Montrezl Harrell
    Delon Wright
    R.J. Hunter

My list of domestic players with the best chance of helping the Spurs going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be disappointed if the Spurs draft RJ Hunter. I get it, cheaper and much younger version of Marco Belinelli (that assumes he can crack the rotation in his first season and be productive).

Justin Anderson
    Rashad Vaughn
    Montrezl Harrell
    Delon Wright
    R.J. Hunter

My list of domestic players with the best chance of helping the Spurs going forward.
    Calling Hunter a cheaper, younger version of Beli sells him short tbqh. Hunter is already a superior defender with better physical tools to continue improving on that front. I get the comp from an offensive standpoint because of his ability to score from any situation, but I see a more well rounded player in Hunter than I do with Beli.

I would actually say I prefer him to Anderson, even though I think Anderson has the better physical tools and ability to be a lockdown defender. Hopefully one or both actually falls to the Spurs and they come away with a great piece. I would also not be upset with Vaughn or Wright as backcourt prospects.

If the Spurs elect to go with De Paula, Tokoto, or Frazier I'd at least hope they trade back into the second and get some additional value for the first rounder. Even then, I like something from each of those players as well.

And that's not even considering the front court prospects. With the "retooling" Pop talked about at season end, I think this could be a good draft to start down that road...plenty of options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Logan Juan Brogden ‏@Logan_Juan 4h4 hours ago Just a quick update on my baby brother, @smooth_jordan has so far worked out for the Spurs,… https://instagram.com/p/36ff3FqsAl/

Jordan Sibert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “His best skill is his work ethic,” Granger said. “He has the greatest work ethic out of any player I’ve seen in a long time. KT [also] brings toughness and a deep shooting threat.”Granger also noted Harrell’s value off the court.
    “KT is a very unselfish person,” Granger said. “He’s always willing and ready to break an arm and a leg to make sure his teammate has a ride somewhere or is doing well in practice. He’s always checking up on everybody. He’s a good player and a good teammate.”
    http://www.theplainsman.com/article/...f-at-nba-level

KT Harrell working out for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okafor is a good compliment to Randle actually. I know they need a playmaking guard, but I'd take Okafor over Porzingis in a heartbeat if I'm the Lakers.
    I dont know. Seems like it would have been killer in 2003 but in today's league I think offenses are rarely featuring one big man with a post game, much less two. Porzingis' range makes him appealing and I really think he'll be the better defensive player btwn him and Okafor in 3 years, by far.

Still if I'm the lakers I take the playmaking SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know. Seems like it would have been killer in 2003 but in today's league I think offenses are rarely featuring one big man with a post game, much less two. Porzingis' range makes him appealing and I really think he'll be the better defensive player btwn him and Okafor in 3 years, by far.

Still if I'm the lakers I take the playmaking SG.
    Porzingis has range, but he doesn't have the low post skills or size to be a complete front court player...at least not yet. Okafor has the body ans the present skill set to be effective in the NBA from Day 1. I think he can improve his conditioning and that will pay dividends defensively, though I admit he'll never be an elite defender. He's just a very efficient scorer with the ability to contribute to a team right away. Porzingis isn't as ready and may never be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling Hunter a cheaper, younger version of Beli sells him short tbqh. Hunter is already a superior defender with better physical tools to continue improving on that front. I get the comp from an offensive standpoint because of his ability to score from any situation, but I see a more well rounded player in Hunter than I do with Beli.

I would actually say I prefer him to Anderson, even though I think Anderson has the better physical tools and ability to be a lockdown defender. Hopefully one or both actually falls to the Spurs and they come away with a great piece. I would also not be upset with Vaughn or Wright as backcourt prospects.

If the Spurs elect to go with De Paula, Tokoto, or Frazier I'd at least hope they trade back into the second and get some additional value for the first rounder. Even then, I like something from each of those players as well.

And that's not even considering the front court prospects. With the "retooling" Pop talked about at season end, I think this could be a good draft to start down that road...plenty of options.
    I have heard that Hunter is at least average defensively, but I consider Anderson to be the better prospect. He compares favorably to Danny Green physically (same height, longer, and much more athletic)
    He's about average as a shooter and maybe more of a SF in the NBA.

Assuming the Spurs keep both Green and Leonard, a wing rotation that also has J. Anderson and K. Anderson would be one of the bigger and more athletic rotations in the league.

Will be interesting to see how picks 21-25 go. Think Cleveland will take Wright, Memphis could take Hunter or Anderson. Would like to see the Spurs trade down. Don't love the idea of taking Hernagomez in the first round when he will probably be available at 37 (Phily is the team i have in mind with the 35th and 37th pick)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe today is the last day for International players that are not automatically draft-eligible to withdraw. DraftExpress is tracking the list here: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...eadline--5093/

So far there have been several withdrawals from players in the late-first to mid-second round mix. Frenchmen Alpha Kaba and Timothe Luwawu have withdrawn, but Mam Jaiteh is keeping his name in. Other big men that have decided to stay in are Hernangomez and Milutinov.

The one they still have as "undecided/unknown" of interest is George Lucas de Paula.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Lucas de Paula has pulled out of the draft according to his agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For late second or walk on for our team I am liking:

Normal Powerll - SG - UCLA - 6'4ht - 215pds - 6'11 Wing Span
    The kid is athletic and while not a great shooter he is not bad and if Chip can work with him I can see him being a great bench/energy guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is that he is working out as a PG too. Norman Powell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    With Lance Stephenson gone & Spencer Hawes on board, chances Hornets take a 2-guard like Devin Booker or Kelly Oubre at No. 9 just went up

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    Hornets also like RJ Hunter a lot, but won't take him at 9. It's possible they trade down a few spots for Hunter & pick up another asset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 5h5 hours ago Terrible news: Arkansas wing Michael Qualls tore his ACL in a workout in Phoenix. Injury diagnosed by the Lakers next day. Out 6-12 months.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 5h5 hours ago
    Michael Qualls' knee procedure will be conducted by renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. No MCL tear reportedly, just ACL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX latest mock after the final withdrawal deadline has the Spurs taking Delon Wright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I was hoping the Spurs could trade the 26th pick to Minnesota for the 31st and 36th pick and pick two of the three: De Paula, Luwawu or Kaba. Seems like the Spurs didn't offer any of them a first round promises in order to stay in the draft.

Wouldn't be mad if the Spurs trade their pick for a future first if the Spurs aren't committed to giving a college kid guaranteed money this season. Also if they plan to land Aldridge, while trying to keep Green around they need all the available salary cap.

Montrezl Harrell and Justin Anderson are very intriguing prospects that can be there when the Spurs draft though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 5h5 hours ago Terrible news: Arkansas wing Michael Qualls tore his ACL in a workout in Phoenix. Injury diagnosed by the Lakers next day. Out 6-12 months.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 5h5 hours ago
    Michael Qualls' knee procedure will be conducted by renowned orthopaedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. No MCL tear reportedly, just ACL.
    Potential real value pick at 55

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone seen a lot of Sasha Vezenkov? Supposedly he killed the greek League, from these highlights he reminds me a lot of Mirotic, but he's 19. DX has him as a mid 2nd rounder

He's withdrawn. Not sure if his camp even wanted him to be drafted at all. Interest from Barcelona and Panathinaikos apparently, he's about to get paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Potential real value pick at 55
    Philly has like 10 second rounders. He'll never make it to 55.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX latest mock after the final withdrawal deadline has the Spurs taking Delon Wright.
    I'd be fine with this. Spurs need more players who can create offense out of P&R

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with this. Spurs need more players who can create offense out of P&R
    Agree. He's a bit redundant with Cory Joseph, but he has better size to play off-guard and CoJo may not be here next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new mock draft from DraftExpress
    26. Anthony Brown
    SF (Stanford - Senior)
    22.6 years old | 6'7" | 211 lbs

2014-15 NCAA (37 GP)
    14.8 PPG 6.9 RPG 2.5 APG 19.9 PER

Watch Video
    All three of San Antonio's shooting guards (and five of their six wing players) become free agents this summer, which could definitely prompt the Spurs to look closely at their wing options in the draft. Brown shot 44% for 3 this year, is highly unselfish, and has multipositional versatility defensively with his 6-11+ wingspan, which could help him find a role in Gregg Popovich's rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new mock draft from DraftExpress
    26. Anthony Brown
    SF (Stanford - Senior)
    22.6 years old | 6'7" | 211 lbs

2014-15 NCAA (37 GP)
    14.8 PPG 6.9 RPG 2.5 APG 19.9 PER

Watch Video
    All three of San Antonio's shooting guards (and five of their six wing players) become free agents this summer, which could definitely prompt the Spurs to look closely at their wing options in the draft. Brown shot 44% for 3 this year, is highly unselfish, and has multipositional versatility defensively with his 6-11+ wingspan, which could help him find a role in Gregg Popovich's rotation.
    One of the biggest risers in the draft process. He's a less heralded prospect than Justin Anderson, but he fits the 3&D mold perfectly. Not that it's a prerequisite, but I don't think they've worked him out as of yet. Given the number of 4s and combo guards they've worked out though, I'd be surprised if they went 3&D guard/forward at #26.

Thread Information