Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX just put up a breakdown of George Lucas, young Brazillian kid. 6'5" Point Guard with a 7'1" wingspan and huge hands, he's one of the youngest players who are draft eligible. With that kind of physical profile he could guard 2's and 3's in the NBA.

Nowhere near NBA ready yet but he's young, if we want to draft and stash he's probably the guy.

Don't expect him to declare unless he gets a promise
    Spurs should give him that promise. He has the size to play three positions, so his spot on the team is future-proofed, if you will. Draft him, get him with Chip and let him spend some time with Green and Leonard (and even Udoka) to develop his D. He already has the PG skills; he just needs to develop some more role-player skills. He'd slot in just fine between Mills and Anderson in the 2017 bench rotation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure he is a pure PG but he does have skills and all the things you like in a player. Though if our draft falls between 20-24 then I would still draft.

Justin Anderson - 6'6 - SF - Virginia
    Delon Wright - 6'5- PG/SG - San Francisco
    Christian Wood - 6'11 - PF - UNLV
    Jerian Grant - 6'5 - SG - Irish

If we our draft is 24-30 the I would not be upset if they picked him. I would though rather sign him to the D-League and let the Spurs coaches get after him then do a draft and stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs go local than Justin Anderson looks to be my guy. This dude has lottery pick athleticism, and an ideal shooting guard frame. His jump shoot looks a lot better now, and we might finally have a Spur in the slam dunk compe ion for the first once . Of course his dribbling and playmaking skills are limited, but so was Kawhi's coming out of college and he fixed his dribbling issues, and his playmaking skills have gotten better. Anderson has been known to be a unselfish player also so that could in the play making department for him. Him and Leonard would tear it up on the block for many years to come imo.

Though....this George Lucas kid looks extremely intriguing, especially with his skill set at 18 years old! He looks like he could be a lottery pick no doubt if he waits next season, which I think he will ultimately do. He would make an amazing shooting guard at least if his shooting mechanics improve which do doubt would here in SA. From what I saw from the video his speed/quickness didn't stand out to me compared to NBA point guards these days, but of course his size, athleticism and length will overcome that to at least guard many shooting guards in the next level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drafting a SG makes a lot of sense to me. No idea what to expect from manu or beli after this season (retire/moving on), and we're really not talking about Danny Green having to be resigned. Will he get a rich offer that will make the Spurs think twice? I don't know.

It'd be good to have some insurance, and a cheap rookie contract, in case the team finds itself in a bind. Justin Anderson is Spurs material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would actually like to see bertans just come over as the bonner replacement.

Then bring LJC over to be a Leonard clone but 2 inches taller. Let England work his shot like Kahwi. But he would come over as a good defender and rebounder.
    He's more of a SG-SF type than a stretch forward. His comparison was Kyle Korver/Austin Daye on draftnet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not entirely convinced that the Spurs will use their first rounder this season. If they are planning on offering a max contract $1 million would cut further into the cap. They would only have $14.5 million in cap space, including Green and Leonard's cap holds.

Maybe they swap their pick for two second rounders (i.e. Philly's 33rd and 35th picks). I'd expect the Spurs to draft 25th or so. There are only 10 international players currently projected to get drafted 3 are in the expected to go into the lottery. If they were to have two second rounders (along with the 55th) they could use 2 or all 3 on draft and stashes.

Another option would be to package their pick along with Mills and trade up in the draft. But a lot depends on where the cap is set.

Justin Anderson would be my choice in the first round and Alex Poythress in the second round (kind of similar to LJC in terms of physical tools ,though)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they can just draft international the first round which would be PG/SG-George Lucas or SG - Timothe Luwawu.

So many unknowns after this season does Manu and Timmy come back and will we keep free agents CoJo, Green, and what to do with Bonner and Errors?
    Last edited by BackHome; 02-16-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After four straight losses I am thinking we might go anywhere from 17 to 21 so that may change some things up a little.

Jakob Peltl - C - 7'0 - Freshman - Utah

Christian Wood - PF - 6'11 - Freshman - UNLV

Bobby Portis - PF - 6'10 - Sop re - Arkansas

Clift Alexander - PF - 6'9 - Freshman - Kansas
    Last edited by BackHome; 02-27-2015 at 07:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a positive note we are now pick #20 in the coming draft, continue on.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Angelo Russell NBA Comparison: Manu Ginobili (per NBADraft.net) I definitely see the comparison.

First time watching him play.

PORTLAND – “I always modeled my game after Manu Ginobili,” Ohio State freshman D’Angelo Russell said Wednesday afternoon, and it was a of a thing to say. Ginobili is one of the most inimitable players in basketball history, a gawky mélange of no-look passes and reverse lay-ups, deadly and unique all at once.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/s...-watch-player/

And it’s not those breathtaking bounce passes that that bring to mind Russell’s favorite NBA player and the one he’s spent untold hours studying tape of, Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs.
    http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...himself-012915
    Last edited by ace3g; 03-19-2015 at 06:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm enjoying watching the future NBA talent in the tourney. I've been seriously impressed with the play of the bigs at the top of the draft...especially Okafor from Duke. Dude is just a man among boys. I know there's no way the Spurs end up with him, but he and Towns are gonna be fun to watch for the next decade or so.

For the Spurs, I'd love to see them land R.J. Hunter out of Georgia St. Kid has serious game...heady coach's kid, plays hard, balls of steel, etc. His rep as an elite shooter doesn't prove out in the numbers this year, but he's been the focal point of opposing defenses and has still put up monster games. In a system that's designed to get shooters the best look, I think he'd be a great get. As one of the only quality guards in a thin backcourt draft, he might not last to the mid-20's. But if he's there I think you take him without question. Who knows...he might look good in the Ginobili role in a couple years.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Delon Wright and RJ Hunter (if he learns to shoot again) as SG options. While I'm generally a best available guy, I think it has to be considered along with the other options for players in FA, with current rights held and the rest of the team. With Anderson, LJC, Bertans, it seems the F pipeline is fairly set. PG is covered with TP/Mills for the next while.

Centre is pretty hard to target late in the draft. Not a lot of great options at 20 - Upshaw could be great if he gets his issues sorted, not sure if he'll do that on the first team he's on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been impressed with Sam Dekker from Wisconsin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been impressed with Sam Dekker from Wisconsin.
    He's been making his jump shots during the tourney, which is probably the biggest knock on him as a pro prospect. I don't see the Spurs targeting another SF with Kawhi and Slowmo in the fold, but I like his hustle and smarts.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polish guy from Gonzaga plz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man watching all of these NCAA games I think this draft is going to be very good and very deep. I have no idea who the Spurs will pick as I think several players can be penciled in at our draft pick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Declarations have started rolling in....

Myles Turner, F/C from UT
    Montrezl Harrell, F from Louiseville
    RJ Hunter, SG from Georgia St.
    Jarrell Martin, PF from LSU

All expected to go in the first round, with Turner likely in the lottery.

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FRANK KAMINSKY!!! GET HIM SOMEHOW!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denzel Valentine as Danny Green replacement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denzel Valentine as Danny Green replacement
    The Danny Green - Jeff Ayres - Austin Daye combo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man watching all of these NCAA games I think this draft is going to be very good and very deep. I have no idea who the Spurs will pick as I think several players can be penciled in at our draft pick..
    Quite a few 1st round prospects have slid. Justin Anderson and Cliff Anderson were both projected to go in to the early to late 20's both are currrently projected to be early to mid second rounders now. This draft does seem pretty deep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to see if the Spurs move their pick come draft night. A trade that would be interesting :

Spurs Get - 35th, 37th and 44th pick

76ers trade-23rd & 46th pick

76ers would have:

3rd (Philadelphia's own pick)

16th (Via Miami's ) [11th if Miami misses the playoffs, if Miami does miss the PS and their pick is 10th, then Miami keeps it]

19th (Via OKC from Denver ) [ If OKC makes the PS, then Phily gets the pick. If OKC misses the PS, then they keep it]

23rd (Via Spurs)

46th (Via Spurs)

57th (Via Houston)

60th (Via Warriors)

They would have 4 1st rounders ( within the top 23) with ,potentially, 2 lottery picks. and still have 3 second rounders, even after shipping 3 second rounders.

Plenty of 1st round talent projected to go in the second round this year. With the 35th , 37th and 44th pick, the Spurs could use two of those picks for draft n' stashes and the other for someone who can play for next season.

Justin Anderson would be a nice add with the 35th pick if he's available. He's an athletic 6'6 shooting guard with a 6'11 arm span. Very good defender and improved shooter. Should be able to guard both wing positions without issue.
    Last edited by cd021; 04-05-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm curious to see if the Spurs move their pick come draft night. A trade that would be interesting :

Spurs Get - 35th, 37th and 44th pick

76ers trade-23rd & 46th pick

76ers would have:

3rd (Philadelphia's own pick)

16th (Via Miami's ) [11th if Miami misses the playoffs, if Miami does miss the PS and their pick is 10th, then Miami keeps it]

19th (Via OKC from Denver ) [ If OKC makes the PS, then Phily gets the pick. If OKC misses the PS, then they keep it]

23rd (Via Spurs)

46th (Via Spurs)

57th (Via Houston)

60th (Via Warriors)

They would have 4 1st rounders ( within the top 23) with ,potentially, 2 lottery picks. and still have 3 second rounders, even after shipping 3 second rounders.

Plenty of 1st round talent projected to go in the second round this year. With the 35th , 37th and 44th pick, the Spurs could use two of those picks for draft n' stashes and the other for someone who can play for next season.

Justin Anderson would be a nice add with the 35th pick if he's available. He's an athletic 6'6 shooting guard with a 6'11 arm span. Very good defender and improved shooter. Should be able to guard both wing positions without issue.
    From SAS perspective not enough value for a first round pick.

From PHI they don't do it, because it leaves them with potentially 5 guys (3, 16, 19, 23 and Saric) asking for 1st round contracts guaranteed contracts next year, out of a 15 man roster! Not to mention the young kids they already have! They don't have room.

I would suggest something the other way
    SAS's 2016 first (lottery protected) to PHI
    for
    2015 16th pick (MIA via PHI).

They get to delay a pick by a year, and hope we fall off (which could happen anytime if Duncan and Gino retire); we get a mid first pick in a deep draft, which we can hopefully pull a Kawhi with...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Philly are definitely going to make deals with all those picks and won't want 4 or 5 additional rookie contracts on their roster next season but why would they be interested in a 2016 Spurs pick that could at best be 15th for this year's 16th in a deep draft? They'd surely get better offers. Also, as things stand they might not get the Miami's, OKC's and Laker's picks in this draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Philly are definitely going to make deals with all those picks and won't want 4 or 5 additional rookie contracts on their roster next season but why would they be interested in a 2016 Spurs pick that could at best be 15th for this year's 16th in a deep draft? They'd surely get better offers. Also, as things stand they might not get the Miami's, OKC's and Laker's picks in this draft.
    Don't know about "surely get better offers". I'm not sure that many GM's around the league like what Hinkie is doing, and as you say, it's pretty obvious the 76'ers need to make some sort of a deal with all those picks. That's a recipe for a lot of not very strong offers IMO.

Thread Information