My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much copying and pasting Bruno's OP from the 2014 thread:

Spurs' 2015 draft picks :

Spurs First round pick
    Spurs second round pick

Players available for the 2015 draft :
    International players born in 1993 and college senior are automatically eligible.
    College underclassmen and international players born in 94, 95 or 96 can enter in the draft.

Key dates :
    April 8 - April 11: Portsmouth invitational tournament.
    April 11 : Nike Hoop Summit in Portland.
    ? : Early entry withdrawal deadline to keep NCAA eligibility.
    April 26 : Early entry eligibility deadline, teams can start workouts with them.
    May 12-17: Draft combine in Chicago
    May 19 : Draft Lottery.
    ? : Adidas Eurocamp in Treviso.
    June 15 : Early entry withdrawal deadline.
    June 25 : NBA Draft in NY.

Links :
    Draftexpress
    Nbadraft
    A blog on European prospects
    Espn draft page
    Wiki on the lottery
    Future draft picks
    NCAA players stats
    Euroleague players stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go for anyone who wanted a draft thread for next year. Help filling in the rest of the key dates would be appreciated, and let me know if there's anything you want me to add to the OP. Also, this would be around the time for people to start submitting draft-prospect threads, so if there's a guy you want, go ahead and submit the thread or a request for one, and I'll see what I can do.

Finally, I'm stickying this thread an unstickying the 2014 one, but I'll leave that one open for a bit longer if people want to continue discussion on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, Chinook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a helpful reminder. Prospect threads have a certain format for the OP, which one can find by looking at any prospect thread. Essentially it is a follows:

Picture of player (usually an action shot of the player on the court) -- small to medium in size

Height (in feet or in both meters and feet)
    Weight (in pounds or both kilos and pounds)
    Day of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
    Current Team (if the team is not in the NCAA or NBA, list country or d-league)
    (The nationality is optional here)

Link to DX profile
    Link to NBADraft.net profile

I have edited and will continue to edit OPs to fit this format, so it's not a huge deal if you don't do it or make a mistake. However, I use ST mainly from my phone and I almost exclusively edit posts when I'm on my computer. So it may take a while longer for me to get threads approved if they aren't in the usual format. They'll get approved (or you'll get a PM from me explaining why the thread isn't approved) eventually; it's just faster for everyone this way.

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My early choice for the Spurs late first is Tyrone Wallace. 6'5" point guard averaging 19 points with 4 assists and 9 boards. His rebounding and steals (1.3) suggests he's got a big wingspan so could play both guard positions.

Sounds like his become a better shooter in 12 games so far (15/34, 44% from 3) but thats up from poor shooting the past two years and he is still only 56% on the FT line.

If he can shoot, defend and make plays (4 assist/game) as well as his stats suggest he'll likely be a lottery pick. I'll be keeping my eyes open for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My early choice for the Spurs late first is Tyrone Wallace. 6'5" point guard averaging 19 points with 4 assists and 9 boards. His rebounding and steals (1.3) suggests he's got a big wingspan so could play both guard positions.

Sounds like his become a better shooter in 12 games so far (15/34, 44% from 3) but thats up from poor shooting the past two years and he is still only 56% on the FT line.

If he can shoot, defend and make plays (4 assist/game) as well as his stats suggest he'll likely be a lottery pick. I'll be keeping my eyes open for him
    Moved this post over here, since it seems like that was your intention.

I don't know much about that guy, but that's a pretty decent picture you paint. Why not make a thread on the kid?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondae Jefferson could stand to improve on his jump shot and defense, but the kid has hops and the passing skills. Could be around at #20.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious what number do you think the Spurs will land for this years draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger playoff odds currently has the Spurs coin flipping with the Bucks for 20-21.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you guys feel about Justin Anderson from UVA? I admit I don't watch much college basketball but he seems to have taken his game to another level this year. His older brother played basketball at my college and brought 7th grade Justin to the gym. He was already doing reverse dunks and windmills at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W5OlV9BSko

Great head on his shoulders. Really nice kid. Athletic as with an NBA ready physique. Shooting has improved dramatically and he's playing a key role on one of the best teams in the nation. Has he ever been mentioned as a Spurs target?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-6
    Weight: 222 lbs
    Birthday: 11/19/1993 (21 years old)
    Team/Class: University of Virginia, Junior

DraftExpress:
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Anderson-5676/

SI Article:
    http://www.si.com/college-basketball...-cavaliers-acc

Freshmen Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzP6Hn4pq0

Highlight Reel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W5OlV9BSko

Why He Fits San Antonio:
    Projected late first round pick (where SA should be drafting next year). Excellent NBA ready physique at 6'6" with a 6'11" wingspan. Athletic wing who has a penchant for chase down blocks and alley oops. Lacks a consistent jump shot but has improved that area in his Junior year. Unselfish individual who is always willing to make the extra pass to the open man. Great head on his shoulders and a defense first mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're picking in the early 20's, an option could be Caris LeVert. He's at #14 on DX at the moment but just picked up an injury so he's out of the season and that could help him fall to us.

His body is his major weakness, he struggles to defend wings as they can just overpower him and it also makes him a poor finisher at the rim. He's a good catch a shoot guy from the college 3 though, he can handle the ball and he's very young for a junior. He's got the size, length and effort to be good on the defensive end if his body can catch up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many internationals in the top 20. It would be nice if Mario Hezonja fell to us somehow. Perhaps a draft day swap of picks + Mills? We really need a replacement for Manu (or Beli).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Christian Wood or Looney?

If the pick was in the late 20s I think SG would have made sense but with the best pick in a while and a big have draft imo they have to go with a big with upside...
    Last edited by Baam; 01-20-2015 at 02:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Christian Wood or Looney?

If the pick was in the late 20s I think SG would have made sense but with the best pick in a while and a big have draft imo they have to go with a big with upside...
    I'm all about getting the best player available, I don't care what position they play. The obvious requirements are a ball handler off the bench and a new big man to replace Manu and Timmy, but let's be honest we aren't replacing either of those guys.

If we go for a big man he needs to be a shot blocker who can eventually hit the mid range jump shot, basically Serge Ibaka or Gorgei Dieng.
    Last edited by Richie; 01-20-2015 at 06:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all about getting the best player available, I don't care what position they play. The obvious requirements are a ball handler off the bench and a new big man to replace Manu and Timmy, but let's be honest we aren't replacing either of those guys.

If we go for a big man he needs to be a shot blocker who can eventually hit the mid range jump shot, basically Serge Ibaka or Gorgei Dieng.
    The shooting part seems more important to me, Portis and Turner also seem interesting... Lots of PFs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me replacing Manu or Timmy is the hardest when Manu leaves we loose our second PG/Ball Handler/Assist. When Timmy leaves well we will not in our life time be able to replace him.....

I agree Richie that Caris LeVert would be a steal but I don't know since he fractured his foot I guess roll the dice.

For bigs would love Bobby Portis or Christian Wood

For SG/SF - do like Anderson and the kid from OK I think Buddy Hield.
    Last edited by BackHome; 01-21-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a general strategy, I agree with BPA. As for individual players, I would keep an eye on Frank Kaminsky. Much like Anderson last year, he will drop in projection unless he has a excellent measurements/athletic testing. He'd fit right in as a Bonner upgrade. Another one I like is Kris Dunn, who might develop into something approaching Tony... Jerian Grant and Delon Wright also both intrigue me as SG's with strong ball-handling and creative abilities, a la Manu...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a big fan of Kaminsky, if he became a Spencer Hawes type player he'd be a great pickup at #20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we make a move up the seedings going into the playoffs and probably end up picking around 25-26.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would actually like to see bertans just come over as the bonner replacement.

Then bring LJC over to be a Leonard clone but 2 inches taller. Let England work his shot like Kahwi. But he would come over as a good defender and rebounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably stay between 20 and 24 so good chance we are looking at:

Justin Anderson - 6'6 - SF - Virginia
    Delon Wright - 6'5- PG/SG - San Francisco
    Christian Wood - 6'11 - PF - UNLV
    Jerian Grant - 6'5 - SG - Irish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX just put up a breakdown of George Lucas, young Brazillian kid. 6'5" Point Guard with a 7'1" wingspan and huge hands, he's one of the youngest players who are draft eligible. With that kind of physical profile he could guard 2's and 3's in the NBA.

Nowhere near NBA ready yet but he's young, if we want to draft and stash he's probably the guy.

Don't expect him to declare unless he gets a promise

Thread Information