Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if Pop had GDP anywhere near their primes, he wouldn't be able to figure out the current system. Pop was a good coach when he had peak 2003 Duncan, he became great when he desperately tried to do everything he could to win a ring in the twilight of Duncan's career.

The current Spurs system is the result of seven long years and most painful defeats, and it only works because of roster stability and years after years of playing together. Even then, it requires a ton of precision and Spurs almost could not find it in time against the Mavs which would have completely re-written NBA history.

In his head, LeBron think his team needs to play Spurs basketball. But the reality is you will get worse before you get better when you try to learn a complex offense and frustration ac ulates quickly. The best way to beat Spurs is overpower with raw talent, like Kobe/Phil did. Cavs is perfectly capable of doing this if they just played Thunder ISO offense off raw talent, and focused all of their mental energy on defense. Trying to establish good defensive rotations on top of a motion offense is just too much of a drain.

It is impossible for Irving/Love/Waiters of the world to understand Spurs basketball, they have never played a single post season game. LeBron trying to impose his philosophy on the young stars can only backfire. LeBron needs to swallow his pride and just win some games off sheer talent to get chemistry back.
    Last edited by hitmantb; 11-23-2014 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to play defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder basketball/disgrace doesnt win rings, that worked in Miami but for some reason refs dont feel LOVE towards LOVE (no pun intended) or Irving so even if they play like Meths they wont go too far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your a Spurs fan why are you

1. Giving a about the Cavs

2. Trying to help them get better to beat the Spurs

What are you even doing here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup TP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting perspective, but I don't think they're capable of beating the Spurs even with iso ball.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anticipating Cavs vs Heat in the playoffs.

Please make it happen, basketball god.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC's recent success is due to their relentless offense and worldly talent in KD & RW. And you consider Ibaka's defense, they gave the Spurs problems much like the Mavs back in the early to mid 2000's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would call that "skipping steps".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are playing ISO ball right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are playing ISO ball right now
    This... tbh

I'm not sure where OP is seeing they are trying to play Spurs ball... Irving is playing ISO most of the time, Lebron tries to get teammates involved but he is probably the only one and is still going a lot one on one... They are using a bit of P&R with Varejao but comparaison stop there.

Lebron and Irving are taking >.400 of the FGAs of the team when Parker and Leonard take <.300.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anticipating Cavs vs Heat in the playoffs.

Please make it happen, basketball god.
    Odds are good. There will definitely be at least one matchup between CLE, MIA, and CHI in the playoffs. Just a matter of who takes out who first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are playing ISO right now. Kyrie and Waiters dribbling the ball for like 15 seconds each posession

Thread Information